Sponsored by:

O2 Sensors....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG / 2008 GL550
O2 Sensors....

Does anyone know if turning off a bank of faulty O2 sensors is the same as removing them all together? I had been planning to remove my primary cats, but recently I have been getting random misfires. I think the O2 sensors are the cause. I have a ECU tune & was thinking instead of replacing them, I could just get them turned off before I cut em off anyway. What do you all think??
Old 07-09-2014, 10:24 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
2003 CL55
You can turn the rears off but your ECU needs the primary 02`s to operate. What would be nice, would be to have them turn the long term fuel trims off , to eliminate the ecu learning learning time.

E63 Biturbo, UPD Cold Air induction kit, UPD performance crank pulley and UPD adjustable rear suspension with ride height adjustment.

CL55 UPD Cold Air Boost kit, UPD 3000 stall converter, UPD 77mm SC clutched pulley and beltwrap kit, Custom long tubes, UPD crank pulley , UPD suspension kit, UPD SC pulley, Aux. HE, Trunk tank w/rule 2000 pump, Mezeire pump, UPD 5pc idler set, Aluminum rotor hats.

www.ultimatepd.com
instagram @ultimate_pd
facebook.com/ultimatepd
Old 07-09-2014, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55
Are you talking about secondaries? If so, some tuners are successful turning them off. Others (particularly one of the larger tuners , not so much...also report "ghost" and "shadow" errors from ECU's, which of course is TOTAL BS). It's code for, "it's screwed up and I don't know why..."
Old 07-09-2014, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by MindBend
Are you talking about secondaries? If so, some tuners are successful turning them off. Others (particularly one of the larger tuners , not so much...also report "ghost" and "shadow" errors from ECU's, which of course is TOTAL BS). It's code for, "it's screwed up and I don't know why..."
Primarys....What company are you talking abt? Or tell me what letter it starts with at least. I hoping they could go in my tune & turn them off. But I think I read some threads where people have the primary removed altogether???
Old 07-09-2014, 07:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 W211 E55
Hi

I had my primary cats removed and had error codes from 02 sensors on the both sides of my exhaust. The error was from the rear 02 sensors.

A quick email to Eurocharged and within a few minutes Jerry emailed me an updated tune file and it has fixed the issue and no more error's.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 07-09-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by OZZYAMG
Hi

I had my primary cats removed and had error codes from 02 sensors on the both sides of my exhaust. The error was from the rear 02 sensors.

A quick email to Eurocharged and within a few minutes Jerry emailed me an updated tune file and it has fixed the issue and no more error's.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
I have a Eurocharged tune, I will just call them up to see if "Turning them off" is an option. Thanks guys
Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
03 W211 E55
Hi

Best of luck with Eurocharged. I am not sure exactly what they do and whether they turn them off or do something else but whatever they did worked for me.

Let us all know how you go.

Regards,

OZZYAMG
Old 09-06-2014, 05:08 PM

Just an update....I was able to have Eurocharged turn off my rear sensors. I replaced the 2 front sensors. As soon as I jacked the car back down from changing the sensors, my starter went out!
After I got the starter replaced, I started the car & it still misfires

Now I guess I'm gonna get a compression test, I'm so scared to do it cause I don't want the bad news I hope its something minor & passes the compression test. I figure doing this is cheaper than getting all new coil packs & injectors.

Wish me luck. Does this misfire thing sound like a bad motor?
Old 09-13-2014, 10:39 PM

Talking FINALLY!!!!!

So instead of doing the compression test, I decided to just get new plugs as a last ditch effort. I replaced the plugs & everything came back to life!! Apparently the rear plug in cylinder #8 was destroyed. Looks like it was never changed. I had went to an indie shop in upstate NY to have them changed about 2 yrs ago.( Guess I got tricked out of my $) This was the cause of my multiple misfire codes.

Hope this thread helps someone in this situatuon.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:42 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
C215 CL55 AMG, W124 500E, W210 E430, W124 300E
Originally Posted by Ike Luv
So instead of doing the compression test, I decided to just get new plugs as a last ditch effort. I replaced the plugs & everything came back to life!! Apparently the rear plug in cylinder #8 was destroyed. Looks like it was never changed. I had went to an indie shop in upstate NY to have them changed about 2 yrs ago.( Guess I got tricked out of my $) This was the cause of my multiple misfire codes.

Hope this thread helps someone in this situatuon.
Thanks alot for your information :-)
Was it hard on your engine to replace the plugs?

I remember it was one of the first things i did on the M113 engine and i felt it was HORRIBLE. I changed my Plugs at 140.000KM, while the plugs are made for 110.000 - 120.000KM according to FSM. They were the first ones and i was praying at every plug that i wont kill the thread in the cylinder head. 90% of the old Plug threads were rusted! I wonder how this is possible considering its a aluminum head. Or are the threads in the head steel inserts?
Anyway it took me a whole Saturday - from 9 in the Morning till 10:30 in the late evening when it was dark already. It took so much force, every single turn of every plug required the full force of an adult man.
I felt like Schwarzenegger during his best times at that night.