W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you guys call a shop that

Old 07-23-2014, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL600
What do you guys call a shop that

keeps your car from april 22, 2014 until july 23, 2014 to replace a rear hub and order some lug nuts?

oh and couldn't even do that right?

SPEEDRIVEN IN PALATINE, IL
Old 07-23-2014, 01:29 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
2011 CL63 AMG (Current) 2005 CLS55 AMG (Current) 2004 C32 AMG (Sold)
I would call them, USELESS !!!
Old 07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Originally Posted by giggalo
keeps your car from april 22, 2014 until july 23, 2014 to replace a rear hub and order some lug nuts?

oh and couldn't even do that right?

SPEEDRIVEN IN PALATINE, IL

Jeff,

What do you call a customer that comes to pick up his Porsche and tell a shop employee that he is going to a car wash and will be right back to pay his bill and drives of? Than its over 3 months of chasing you to get paid? Do you seriously think I would order parts for your car just to be put in the same scenario? BTW your car needs new hubs cause wherever you went to have your new wheels installed they stripped 4 out of 5 lugs.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:42 PM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
well this just got interesting.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:49 PM

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
17' C43 Coupe
Yes, it just did. LOL.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:08 PM

2003 CL600
Umm no.

Did I not pay you for the repairs on the porsche? This car was also in your possession for over 5 months. An entire season for me to sell the car was wasted because of your incompetence. I took the car out for a test drive to see if the quality of your work was worth the 6 months of time. 6 month to replace bolt on parts? Took me three months to pay? Sorry, i don't work at your pace.

If what you say about me not paying is true, Why then did you even take my car in in the first place? You kept it for 3 months this time and gave every excuse under the sun why it was not finished. Never did you once bring up the porsche. So please don't deflect your responsibilities as a shop owner and call the customer a liar. You shouldnt have taken on a project if it was to big/small for you to finish expeditiously.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:16 PM

2003 CL600
Maybe

Originally Posted by C32owner
I would call them, USELESS !!!
Because the job was too small. But three months to tell me that you have done have absolutely nothing? What do you even call that?

A car sitting at your shop for three months and you not answering calls, vm, and emails is a shops way of getting back at a customer because they didnt pay a bill? I have receipts Marcin. please don't go there with this.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:23 PM

2013 E350
If you weren't happy with the repairs on your Porsche, why would you take your Mercedes there?

If a customer drives off without paying and has to be chased for you to get paid, why would you take on another repair for them?

Bad decisions all around it seems.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:26 PM

2003 CL600
Marcin

Originally Posted by jbec.keane
If you weren't happy with the repairs on your Porsche, why would you take your Mercedes there?

If a customer drives off without paying and has to be chased for you to get paid, why would you take on another repair for them?

Bad decisions all around it seems.
had made amends to rectify the situation. I thought a second chance was in order.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:25 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
You both ****ed up. Move on, find a different shop/different customer
Old 07-23-2014, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I would call that a shop I could use, I need more places to store my cars, boats, camper, dirt bikes. So all I have to do is order hubs and wait 3-6 months?
Old 07-23-2014, 04:19 PM

2003 CL600
granted, i wouldn't be as upset

Originally Posted by Yacht Master
I would call that a shop I could use, I need more places to store my cars, boats, camper, dirt bikes. So all I have to do is order hubs and wait 3-6 months?
if he had the car over the winter, but its always the prime few precious months of the year we have in Chicago.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
one car at a time
Sounds like you have an axe to grind....if you were a normal customer and had a routine and left it at a shop for more than a week, then it is your fault...based upon the other side of the story, seems your car was sitting waiting for you to pay up...
Old 07-23-2014, 04:34 PM

2003 CL600
That would hold true

Originally Posted by cij911
Sounds like you have an axe to grind....if you were a normal customer and had a routine and left it at a shop for more than a week, then it is your fault...based upon the other side of the story, seems your car was sitting waiting for you to pay up...
Except there was no outstanding bill!!!

Even if there was, shouldnt the shop owner make the customer aware that there is a balance and that he will not work on the car until it was paid? Not hold the car hostage for 3 months by not answering any form of communications?
Old 07-23-2014, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2011 E63, 2013 CLS63
I know this is probably not the time or place but giggalo your S65 is seriously sexy That thing with those wheels and that lip spoiler is just
Old 07-23-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32, C55, 08 E63
The fact that you allowed any shop to have your car for over 5 months without you personally going down there to inspect the progress is your fault not the shop. Regardless of what was being done 5 months is excessive without a follow up in person on your part. If you feel that was excessive then why bring him more business with another car even if you left the previous deal feeling it was rectified? Then you complain about the same shop taking too long on the second car???? I would of gone and picked the car up after the first week in both cases had I felt there was no work being done on either car.

So many people come on here and complain about how long shops have had their cars for and feel it's not justified. Well that's entirely the customers fault for letting the shop get away with having the car for that long. In no world would EVER allow one of my cars to sit at a shop for longer than 2 weeks without personally knowing that work was being done to the car. Stop letting yourselves fall into this predicament by allowing these shops to hold your cars for unnecessary lengths of time, period.

Obviously you both have different sides to the story but you are in turn to blame for allowing yourself to be taken advantage of by the shop I question.

If the customer didn't pay for the first job then why accept the second one and invite another bad situation for you and your shop? It really seems like both of you made some pretty bad decisions and should use this as a example of what not to do in the future.

Last edited by Enigma94; 07-23-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Why are you guys blaming a customer for bringing his car into the shop. So it's the CUSTOMERS fault they took months to finish, its the customers fault for bringing in a 'broken' car. LOL does that make sense to you?? Also, if you owned or worked ANYWHERE I'm sure you've head of the phrase 'customers always right'.. Or wait.. you only use that in YOUR OWN arguments against the shop that raped your ***... Please don't tell me that you haven't been reeled in by a repair shop because what your smart.. or wait... lemme guess you did your own work so you don't have to blame anyone... or wait 'customers always right'.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, we will never know. IF YOU OWN A ****ING REPAIR SHOP DON'T DO THINGS YOU CAN'T ****ING DO. Seriously, this has become an issue lately, shop owner bragging that he can do anything and then ****s on it for a year or more. C'mon, as a man I take your word that you can do your ****.

./ FLAME ME Im bored .

grammar edit;
Old 07-23-2014, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts
'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
Did I not pay you for the repairs on the porsche? This car was also in your possession for over 5 months. An entire season for me to sell the car was wasted because of your incompetence. I took the car out for a test drive to see if the quality of your work was worth the 6 months of time. 6 month to replace bolt on parts? Took me three months to pay? Sorry, i don't work at your pace.

If what you say about me not paying is true, Why then did you even take my car in in the first place? You kept it for 3 months this time and gave every excuse under the sun why it was not finished. Never did you once bring up the porsche. So please don't deflect your responsibilities as a shop owner and call the customer a liar. You shouldnt have taken on a project if it was to big/small for you to finish expeditiously.
So, how long did it take you to pay?
Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 PM

C32, C55, 08 E63
Originally Posted by biggking
Why are you guys blaming a customer for bringing his car into the shop. So it's the CUSTOMERS fault they took months to finish, its the customers fault for bringing in a 'broken' car. LOL does that make sense to you?? Also, if you owned or worked ANYWHERE I'm sure you've head of the phrase 'customers always right'.. Or wait.. you only use that in YOUR OWN arguments against the shop that raped your ***... Please don't tell me that you haven't been reeled in by a repair shop because what your smart.. or wait... lemme guess you did your own work so you don't have to blame anyone... or wait 'customers always right'.

Regardless of who's right or wrong, we will never know. IF YOU OWN A ****ING REPAIR SHOP DON'T DO THINGS YOU CAN'T ****ING DO. Seriously, this has become an issue lately, shop owner bragging that he can do anything and then ****s on it for a year or more. C'mon, as a man I take your word that you can do your ****.

./ FLAME ME Im bored .

grammar edit;
I'm not blaming him for the inability for the shop to do the work. I'm blaming him for letting his obvious discontent with how the shop went about the work to continue for 5 months and 3 months and then coming on here complaining about it. Don't come and complain about an issue you let go on for that long is all I'm saying.

It is still the shops fault in the end for it taking them that long to perform the work but it's hard for me to understand how somebody wouldn't grow suspicious about the time it was taking to perform said work at which point he should of gone down there and would of seen the car not being worked on and should of pulled them out of the shop.

Of course I've been taken by shops before but it's always been related to sub par work, not them keeping my car for half a year when they should of had the car for a couple of weeks at most....

Either way, OP I hope you get your issues sorted and find a reliable shop that won't take advantage of you. Hopefully the work they took 5 months to do was worth it so you don't have to spend more cash to redo sub par work.

Last edited by Enigma94; 07-23-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 02:17 AM

Audi A4
Originally Posted by Enigma94
The fact that you allowed any shop to have your car for over 5 months without you personally going down there to inspect the progress is your fault not the shop. Regardless of what was being done 5 months is excessive without a follow up in person on your part. If you feel that was excessive then why bring him more business with another car even if you left the previous deal feeling it was rectified? Then you complain about the same shop taking too long on the second car???? I would of gone and picked the car up after the first week in both cases had I felt there was no work being done on either car.

So many people come on here and complain about how long shops have had their cars for and feel it's not justified. Well that's entirely the customers fault for letting the shop get away with having the car for that long. In no world would EVER allow one of my cars to sit at a shop for longer than 2 weeks without personally knowing that work was being done to the car. Stop letting yourselves fall into this predicament by allowing these shops to hold your cars for unnecessary lengths of time, period.

Obviously you both have different sides to the story but you are in turn to blame for allowing yourself to be taken advantage of by the shop I question.

If the customer didn't pay for the first job then why accept the second one and invite another bad situation for you and your shop? It really seems like both of you made some pretty bad decisions and should use this as a example of what not to do in the future.
Regarding no shop in particular, sometimes you get fed a string of bs lies, one after another. The shop owners will of course be nice and assure you things will be done/completed on time only for you to find out it hasnt. And then of course you sit back and give the benefit of the doubt, after all you hear "good things" and x mechanic is "the man", and he will "take care of you." Yeah, right. Just bs from nut swingers. And I agree, I dont understand why wanna-be race shops take on projects they cant handle. Instead of realizing their limits they take on the projects, make excuses, time rape the customer, and in the end, months later, your still left with the same problem.

We, customers are not
allowing the shops to keep our cars cause its fun you know? Generally, we get promised things (things we pay for) and when they fail to deliver instead of kicking and screaming right away after say one week (where I could understand delays and such) we patiently wait. Because we're promised and reassured. And sometimes the promises and assurances come through although from my exp not likely...

Op, lesson learned. As I learned mine. When a shop gives the run around from now on, I take it as fair-warning. Clueless and unable to stick to deadlines. *cough* pos Benzworks *cough*
Old 07-24-2014, 02:47 AM

2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Originally Posted by Enigma94
I'm not blaming him for the inability for the shop to do the work. I'm blaming him for letting his obvious discontent with how the shop went about the work to continue for 5 months and 3 months and then coming on here complaining about it. Don't come and complain about an issue you let go on for that long is all I'm saying.

It is still the shops fault in the end for it taking them that long to perform the work but it's hard for me to understand how somebody wouldn't grow suspicious about the time it was taking to perform said work at which point he should of gone down there and would of seen the car not being worked on and should of pulled them out of the shop.

Of course I've been taken by shops before but it's always been related to sub par work, not them keeping my car for half a year when they should of had the car for a couple of weeks at most....

Either way, OP I hope you get your issues sorted and find a reliable shop that won't take advantage of you. Hopefully the work they took 5 months to do was worth it so you don't have to spend more cash to redo sub par work.
hpV12 said it right, we give benefit of the doubt and the chance to fix the issues. It's either eat the repair bill and then move to another shop or let them mend the issue. In most cases (me included) we let people try and make it right. Whatever the issue if there's ANY issue with you and your mechanic, plumber, doctor please write a nice YELP review so that others can get an idea.

Originally Posted by hpV12
Regarding no shop in particular, sometimes you get fed a string of bs lies, one after another. The shop owners will of course be nice and assure you things will be done/completed on time only for you to find out it hasnt. And then of course you sit back and give the benefit of the doubt, after all you hear "good things" and x mechanic is "the man", and he will "take care of you." Yeah, right. Just bs from nut swingers. And I agree, I dont understand why wanna-be race shops take on projects they cant handle. Instead of realizing their limits they take on the projects, make excuses, time rape the customer, and in the end, months later, your still left with the same problem.

We, customers are not
allowing the shops to keep our cars cause its fun you know? Generally, we get promised things (things we pay for) and when they fail to deliver instead of kicking and screaming right away after say one week (where I could understand delays and such) we patiently wait. Because we're promised and reassured. And sometimes the promises and assurances come through although from my exp not likely...

Op, lesson learned. As I learned mine. When a shop gives the run around from now on, I take it as fair-warning. Clueless and unable to stick to deadlines. *cough* pos Benzworks *cough*
I ain't gonna lie I was hatin on you in your other thread. My bad.. Once some more and more details came out it becomes clear that your guys took a job which they could not handle. Same **** that has happened here to a few other guys.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:03 AM

C32, C55, 08 E63
Both of you definitely have valid points. I can see how BS from the shop would keep your faith in them actually doing the work you requested. Maybe it's because I've done so much of my own mechanical work on a bunch of different cars which has afforded me more knowledge into how long certain jobs SHOULD take, so if the shop has it for longer than that it would be a red flag to me and warrant a visit to check on things. Some people have no idea how long replacing a clutch takes, or installing a supercharger ect... So I could see how they really only have the word of the shop to go on when it comes to timing. But it also reaches a point where common sense has to step in and you have to realize that you're being dicked around, or so i hope.

Short of building the car from ground up I don't see why any shop would need a car for 5 months. And 3 months for some hubs???? That should of been a couple of days if that. Obviously there more to the story than what's being divulged I just hope these stories, including yours Hpv12 will open peoples eyes to the fact that they need to hold shops accountable to what they say and if you start to feel like your being given the run around you probable are and should look for another shop to complete the work.

Last edited by Enigma94; 07-24-2014 at 06:06 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts
2008 CLK550 Cab
Umm no.

It did not go unnoticed, at least by me, that in this lengthy reply you never actually denied what the shop said about your Porsche. You very carefully avoided addressing the specific allegations that you came to get it, told a shop employee you'd be back, drove away and did not pay for several months. Unrebutted allegations are usually true, and if true, demonstrate that their is more to this story than you are telling, which is almost always the case in these "I'll bathe in the support of my internet friends" type posts.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:02 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
08 E63 AMG P30, 2013 S550, 09 E63, 14 E63 S Wagon, 14 E350 Wagon(current), 13 C63 P31 (current)
I ran out of popcorn
Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Mercedes E55 Amg
Originally Posted by Yidney
It did not go unnoticed, at least by me, that in this lengthy reply you never actually denied what the shop said about your Porsche. You very carefully avoided addressing the specific allegations that you came to get it, told a shop employee you'd be back, drove away and did not pay for several months. Unrebutted allegations are usually true, and if true, demonstrate that their is more to this story than you are telling, which is almost always the case in these "I'll bathe in the support of my internet friends" type posts.
You and Heissrod are right on the money, dude comes to pick up his car and tells a shop employee to give him the keys so he can get it washed then takes off and has to be chased down for several months before he pays the shop, much more to this story that I'm sure the OP won't share..Lol

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you guys call a shop that