Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare Tire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2003, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare Tire

Just finish the swap on the intake tube. Thanks to all who posted the part number. It worked great.

Does anybody have an answer for the lack of a spare tire. I am about to take a trip to Las Vegas and also to Northern Cal. I don't want to drive on stretches of highway where there is no tire repair shop or MB dealerships for hundreds of miles.

Is our only option is to order another front tire?
Can the front tire fit on the back wheel?
Is there any type of donut tire we can use?
Does the S55 or CL55 have a donut tire?
Does the SL55 have a donut tire?

I just don't want to be stranded in nowhere with no help for 4-5 hours.

Thanks.

amgB
Old 12-21-2003, 05:07 PM

In few years most of the cars will have no spare tire. They will only offer tire repair/fixure kits. We all have to accept this reality.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hllatif
In few years most of the cars will have no spare tire. They will only offer tire repair/fixure kits. We all have to accept this reality.
Yeah, well that is F'ed up, I had a bent a rim, tire went flat repair kit odes not fix that. Lucky, I was near home and had my 18's, I hate the idea of no spare.
Old 12-21-2003, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Porcelain Bus
The fronts do fit the back. I carry one because of my previous experience with a blowout. I highly recommend this to anyone else.
Old 12-22-2003, 02:44 AM

Thank you Dr. Chill.

Did anybody get a cheaper tire/rim because it really is just a spare? Or did everybody get the AMG twin spoke?

amgB
Old 12-22-2003, 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porcelain Bus
I'm currently using a 5 spoke AMG rim. My set of OZ superleggeras should be in soon so I could mount the 5 spoke on my mother in law's car.
Old 12-23-2003, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
CAN YOU SAY BENT WHEELS?

Originally posted by Dr Chill
...so I could mount the 5 spoke on my mother in law's car.
Why would you do that? She will ruin them! Woman and many people do not have a clue about the relationship and extreme driving dynamics of driving with low profile tires. Plus she will not like the new discomfort.

After being sued by owner with staggered setups Mercedes puts this warning in the brouchures:

"Z-rated tires are optimized for performance driving and may provide reduced ride comfort, increased tire noise, substantially increased treadwear and greater susceptibility to damage compared with H-rated tires."
Old 12-23-2003, 08:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Porcelain Bus
Re: CAN YOU SAY BENT WHEELS?

Originally posted by E55 KEV
Why would you do that? She will ruin them! Woman and many people do not have a clue about the relationship and extreme driving dynamics of driving with low profile tires. Plus she will not like the new discomfort.

After being sued by owner with staggered setups Mercedes puts this warning in the brouchures:

"Z-rated tires are optimized for performance driving and may provide reduced ride comfort, increased tire noise, substantially increased treadwear and greater susceptibility to damage compared with H-rated tires."
Because it's her wheel. She bought them for her car and I'm just borrowing it. She likes the look of low profile rims/tires better. She only put about 5000 miles a year on her car and it's all on smooth roads.