W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CK Carbon Imports is Officially back as a Sponsor!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Smile CK Carbon Imports is Officially back as a Sponsor!!

Hey everyone, it has been a while since I last left MBworld to finish school, but now I am done and back here where my heart belongs!

Here is a brief description of our company below and we have a long track record of content customers and great customer support. We currently offer several parts for the W211 AMG and always expanding and developing new custom pieces to meet the demand. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me (Chris) and I will reply asap. We look forward to working again with all you great members on MBworld.org!

Description:

If you’re looking for high quality performance parts, competitive pricing, and customer service then you’ve come to the right place. At CK Carbon Imports we’ll give you the attention and personal service you’ll come to expect and enjoy!

We were founded in October of 2011 and located in beautiful Gilbert, Arizona. Since we are a very small company we take great pride in making every phase of the shopping experience as best as possible for you, the customer, aka Unique Successful Individuals with a Passion for AMG Power!!!

We look forward to growing and expanding our carbon fiber performance parts line up in 2014 and networking within the industry to create new contacts. These contacts will be the basis which we innovate, execute, and bring new ideas into reality.

Sincerely (ceo/amg enthusiast),

Chris Ketter

Custom Carbon Fiber Engine Cover!

Custom Carbon Fiber Performance AirBox (Stock TB and 82mm Coming Soon!)

Custom Carbon Fiber "Beast" Tubes!

Last edited by CKCarbonImports; 09-29-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sold - 05' E55
Good to see you're back -

I'll be interested in the 82mm AirBox
Old 09-30-2014, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
9-12HP gains from the "beast tubes"?
Old 09-30-2014, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
GLC63s, W222 S63, W223 S580
I have the Beast tubes and the engine cover and they haven't yellowed!! Awesome products bud happy to see your back. Let me know when I can place my order for a 82mm airbox!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07' SL65, 04' E55, 03' Evo8, 08' GSXR, DSM's...
Chris, glad to hear you are back! Please refer back to your old emails and PM's so we can settle up on what was supposed to be taken care of a long time ago. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by kompressede
Good to see you're back -

I'll be interested in the 82mm AirBox
Okay great, look for a post in the next couple months with the details when it is released!

Originally Posted by 2000UZJ
9-12HP gains from the "beast tubes"?
Yes sir they are bigger than the stock and more aerodynamic in creating airflow to the engine.

Originally Posted by aghakauve
I have the Beast tubes and the engine cover and they haven't yellowed!! Awesome products bud happy to see your back. Let me know when I can place my order for a 82mm airbox!
Thanks and will do! Looking at about 8 weeks right now, but we are working hard, so should go by quick
Originally Posted by WHTEVO
Chris, glad to hear you are back! Please refer back to your old emails and PM's so we can settle up on what was supposed to be taken care of a long time ago. Thanks.
Let me go back and see what the PM was about. If you can send me a PM to refresh my memory that would help and be a lot faster, thanks Chris
Old 09-30-2014, 08:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
03 SL55 AMG, 02 ML500 & 95 C36 AMG
Is the stock air-box available? Also is the price the same offered on the website or is there a special price for mbworld members?

Thanks.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
you to Hate
Welcome back Chris
Old 09-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by taleb659
Is the stock air-box available? Also is the price the same offered on the website or is there a special price for mbworld members?

Thanks.
I am going to put together a group buy for a better price, but will need to get five total members to sign up. It will be $899 including shipping to whoever joins.

Originally Posted by RedBullJnky
Welcome back Chris
Thanks
Old 10-01-2014, 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
E55, E320 CDI , CLA250, Jag XJ Supersport
Always glad to see more products for our cars.

Any chance you can make up some TTM style intake scoops?

You'd sell a ton here.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BagMan
Always glad to see more products for our cars.

Any chance you can make up some TTM style intake scoops?

You'd sell a ton here.
I definitely could, but do not want any vendors getting mad that we basically took a design and just turned it into carbon fiber, plus I would have to be sure there were demand because mold and technical costs are a lot. I am certainly welcome though to the idea and if you come up w a group of buyers, I will make it a project.
Old 10-07-2014, 08:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
W211 E55 2003
These look amazing! Very interested in the stock airbox, engine cover and the tubes
Old 10-07-2014, 04:45 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Elhonaz
These look amazing! Very interested in the stock airbox, engine cover and the tubes
Hi Elhonaz, I am Chris and can help you with whatever parts you are interested. We have all these parts available and ready to ship in 3 weeks and currently running a few group buy sales. In addition, on our website we have the entire Carbon Fiber Performance Package and it is even more a discount versus buying individually. Talk to you soon, thanks
Old 11-08-2014, 07:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13' E350 4matic, 08' E63
Chris what do you have for the E63 08'. I am interested but your site showed nothing for it. Thanks
Old 11-09-2014, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
My cover and tubes have lost all their gloss and are beginning to fade.
On the plus side the fitment is good and they are very reasonably priced.
Just wanted to share my experience, as they will look fantastic as a set, but time will diminish that.
I really wanted a CF air box, but won't buy this one because it now won't match the other pieces.
My .02, But there must be other members out there that got involved in the original group buy have had similar results though.
Old 11-09-2014, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
W211
My beast tubes are a tight fit, but has really faded to almost look dirty in color vs being carbon fiber
Old 11-10-2014, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Worth The Wait, you are not the only one with issues, and I am surprised there haven't been others. Maybe they kept quiet just as I have since I was kept being told it would get switched out. I was part of the original group buy as well. I have their engine cover and the beast tubes. The beast tubes started turning white the first week they were on the car (looks like the clear coat is what turned white in random areas), and the engine cover front tabs snapped off right after the initial installation. After it was pushed onto the front tabs on the engine, I let go of it, and they came right off. After doing some measuring, seems the pegs were about a 1/4" too short. That same day I contacted Chris, and he said he would resolve it and get it warrantied out as he had some more coming in. He then disappeared and I never got a response through all the different contact methods I had for them. After he got back on here again somewhat recently, I got a hold of him, forwarded all the PM's we had regarding the issues after I originally got his parts, and he said he had another shipment coming in within three to four weeks and would get my stuff switched out for new ones. We are past that timeframe, so I followed up with him to get an update. I've yet to get a response although I see he has been signing in on here frequently.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
I had problems originally with him meeting time frames....kept delaying delivery.

I kind figured I'd open a can of worms.
They really do look like cheap crap now
Old 11-13-2014, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
08 SL55
Placed an order few 2 weeks ago for the intake, tubes and engine cover and have tried on numerous occasions to contact Chris because they charged me shipping and weren't supposed to (order was over $600 threshold they set to waive shipping....). I contacted paypal to refund my money and sent Chris an email telling him I was canceling.... The quality issues mentioned in this thread pushed me over the top on canceling my order.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sold - 05' E55
Interesting?

I don't feel the same. My parts looks as good as the day I installed them??
I'm interested in the 82mm air box, once its available.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
Worth the wait- you can probably bring them back to the original shine with a buffer and 3M rubbing compound. If you or a friend have a paint spray gun and compressor, you can wetsand the parts with 400-600 and spray automotive clear coat (don't use rattlecan clear) and they'll look as good as new.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by kompressede
Interesting?

I don't feel the same. My parts looks as good as the day I installed them??
I'm interested in the 82mm air box, once its available.
Were you involved in the original group buy, or did you buy more recently.

Boost, thanks for tip. I suspected that might work.
Thing is, don't think I should have to after this amount of time.
I painted my engine covers and surge tanks three years ago and they still look good.

Maybe it was an issue with the first batch????
Old 11-14-2014, 09:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
If yould have painted these cf parts with the same paint as your other engine parts three years ago, theyd look just as good. It has to do with the resin thats used in the CF production slowly curing over time and the subsequent vapors making their way to the surface. It then looks oxidized because there's no paint over top, just clear. Its usually easy to bring back the shine though with some fresh clear, and then it'll look good indefinitely.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Sold - 05' E55
Originally Posted by Worth the wait
Were you involved in the original group buy, or did you buy more recently.

Boost, thanks for tip. I suspected that might work.
Thing is, don't think I should have to after this amount of time.
I painted my engine covers and surge tanks three years ago and they still look good.

Maybe it was an issue with the first batch????
I wasn't in the group buy. I bought the cover, and I liked the way it looked, and after a few months I bought the tubes. They have to be on the car at least a year and a half, and because of the way they still look I'm interested in the airbox?
I know Chris was absent from the board for a while, and now apparently he's back?
Old 11-17-2014, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What's most interesting to me is why is he signing in to this forum on a daily basis, yet doesn't respond to any PM's, nor responds to the responses here in this thread. I was interested in getting the air box as well, even after the issues i've had since he said he would get my parts swapped out with this batch he has coming in, but due to the lack of communication I will probably have to pass on them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CK Carbon Imports is Officially back as a Sponsor!!