Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

right IAT & COOLANT TEMP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
actually i am not really understand how this system working.

the black tank will turn cold when it is working?

right IAT & COOLANT TEMP-2014-11-12021328.png
Old 11-11-2014, 01:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
That's not really a tank there's cooling elements in there that will cool the water from your ac system
Old 11-11-2014, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
1967 Pro Touring turbo LSX Camaro
I'm not sure. It's hot where I live here in Florida so the killer chiller is useless.

Originally Posted by smartyin
yes, sir!

i just ordered a killer chiller cooling system, where do you locate the chiller tank?
Old 11-11-2014, 02:19 PM

E55
useless.....?

i thought this is one of the best cooling solution for our e55.....
Old 11-11-2014, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Unless it's really hot out. Then you get one quick blast of cold air, then wait for the air conditioning to chill the water back down. All the while your air conditioner works worse for the cabin of your car. I personally wouldn't put it on my car if you gave it to me free and paid me on top of that. But it's okay for cooler climates.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:30 PM

E55
i see, so water injection will be the best solution?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:20 PM

E55
i feel the weistec CAN tuning file is not optimize to my car..

there always has a punch feeling after i let off the gas pedal during hard acceleration. and the punch feeling can be stronger if i let off the gas faster during acceleration.

i can minimize the punch feeling myself, the way is let off gas slowly. but it is hard to do when you driving fast.

do you guys has this problem with your weistec s/c kit?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No, mine has a hell of a punch when I push the gas pedal down though!

How many miles are on your car? Is the rest of the driveline ok? Propshaft couplers, transmission, converter, etc?
Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM

E55
i like the punch feeling when i step down the gas!!

but the punch feeling i am talking about is happened after you let off the gas.....
Old 11-27-2014, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
i like the punch feeling when i step down the gas!!

but the punch feeling i am talking about is happened after you let off the gas.....
No, I don't have that. But, I have only had my Weistec for less then a month. What does Weistec say when you call/email them? They have been really responsive to my calls/emails.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:36 PM

E55
the water tank is keep leaking, do you guys have this problem?

http://youtu.be/hbcwtdfSZoI
Old 11-27-2014, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
the water tank is keep leaking, do you guys have this problem?

http://youtu.be/hbcwtdfSZoI
That's your radiator overflow tank, for the Weistec CAI kit right? If so, that is more of an issue with your radiator system. Did you put too much radiator fluid in it?
Old 11-27-2014, 11:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
You probably overfilled that tank, you don't need to put much in there, it's an overflow tank
Old 11-28-2014, 01:09 AM

E55
Originally Posted by Hulk
You probably overfilled that tank, you don't need to put much in there, it's an overflow tank
i didnt overfill the water, the tank was only 80% filled.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
That tank is not as big as the stock one so you can't fill it like it, put 50%, what did Weistec say?
Old 11-29-2014, 03:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Wow some misinformation going on in here about the killer chiller Useless in hot climates ? Seriously ? Yeah I guess if you like 60-70 degree cruising IATs on a 100+ degree day useless ....... You wont get your IATs that low with any kind of Heat exchanger without out adding a ton of ice to your system. Trunk tank holds 5 gallons and water drops down to 39 degrees. That is freaking COLD. Doesnt matter if your AC is off that is more than enough water to run. Let off the throttle and it jumps right back down quickly.

First get a real tank for it either a trunk tank or a real underhood tank like the FTP one that holds 2.5 gallons. Thats what I have. I'd probably get the 5 gal trunk tank if I did it over again. Also better off bypassing your heat exchanger or removing it all together.

Adding meth with a killer chiller seems to be the best combo you could possibly do for our cars. Daily driving the killer chiller by itself is the ultimate mod on these cars even if stock.

Here is a post I made a while back with videos. These were on older pump.

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...my-review.html

Last edited by dllhg; 11-29-2014 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-29-2014, 10:42 AM

E55
Originally Posted by dllhg
Wow some misinformation going on in here about the killer chiller Useless in hot climates ? Seriously ? Yeah I guess if you like 60-70 degree cruising IATs on a 100+ degree day useless ....... You wont get your IATs that low with any kind of Heat exchanger without out adding a ton of ice to your system. Trunk tank holds 5 gallons and water drops down to 39 degrees. That is freaking COLD. Doesnt matter if your AC is off that is more than enough water to run. Let off the throttle and it jumps right back down quickly.

First get a real tank for it either a trunk tank or a real underhood tank like the FTP one that holds 2.5 gallons. Thats what I have. I'd probably get the 5 gal trunk tank if I did it over again. Also better off bypassing your heat exchanger or removing it all together.

Adding meth with a killer chiller seems to be the best combo you could possibly do for our cars. Daily driving the killer chiller by itself is the ultimate mod on these cars even if stock.

CAN YOU TAKE SOME PICTURE OF YOUR KILLER CHILLER WITH TRUCK TANK SETUP?

THANKS
Old 11-30-2014, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hardly misinformation , but you're free to your own opinions. KC might work okay where you're at, but in a hot climate it's junk. Yes the water in the tank gets cold. Super dooper cold as in almost as cold as if you put some ice in the tank. However even with the tank full of cold water, blast WOT once with the boost cranked up or a bigger supercharger, and now the water is ambient at best. It will cool back off, but it takes time and your AC doesn't work well in the interim.

Meth injection combined with a trunk tank and big front heat exchanger is nice and consistent and reliable. And your AC stays working like it should

Old 12-01-2014, 12:23 PM

E55
just received the kc system.

according the kc installation guide. the connection is like below.

ic reservoir>ic pump>HE>KC>intercooler

so should i still runing kc with HE? i dont have extra water tank at this moment, but i think the HE will be a good idea to hold more water before i get a tank....just put the KC after the HE should not heat up the IAT..?

ED
Old 12-01-2014, 12:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
The HE will raise the water temps back to ambient temps. Who gave you those instructions? Joe from KC avoids the HE.
Old 12-01-2014, 01:04 PM

E55
hi hulk

this is joe instructions below.
right IAT & COOLANT TEMP-20141202_015234.jpg

if kc>he, i understand your point. the cooled water will be warmed up by the HE.

But my idea is place the kc after HE, like IC>HE>KC, it will be better idea? the hot water is cooled down abit by HE, then go to the KC, and go back to the IC.

ed
Old 12-01-2014, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Notice how he notes in red to bypass or delete the HE for max performance

You will be making a closed circuit cold water system with the kc ,if you are using the HE it won't be worth it.

Maybe with the clutchless pulley system the Weistec comes with the HE would be beneficial, I think Ajm has it hooked up that way

Last edited by Hulk; 12-01-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Added something
Old 12-01-2014, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 208 Likes on 91 Posts
2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
Do you own a killer chiller ? If not you opinion doesn't mean anything it's just speculation and incorrect. Saying it's junk In a hot climate is just plain silly. You even said it might beat up to ambient. Well what do you think the water temps do in the best heat exchanger money can buy after a pull ? You are lucky to be cruising around with 20 degrees over ambient and I bet the water ends up 50 degrees over after a long pull. That is a night and day difference over a chilled setup yet you keep saying its junk lol. Iats with a chiller can be 50 degrees BELLOW ambient when cruising. There is no comparison here. Only way you will get any heat exchanger to cool this well is if you put ice in it constantly.

Would methonal help sure it would. The best combo for ultimate cooling would be chiller and methonal. Even then unless you are doing a lot of huge pulls back to back the meth isn't needed. Regular daily driving chiller works fantastically well. Plus you don't have to buy or fill anything once installed it just works.

As far as ac goes. Works as crappy as it did before the chiller as far as I could tell. Cools my car fine on a 105 degree day.

CAN YOU TAKE SOME PICTURE OF YOUR KILLER CHILLER WITH TRUCK TANK SETUP?

THANKS
Old 12-01-2014, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
99 ford lightning
I don't really hit on my car in the summer but nothing is more miserable on a 90deg day when your crusing after a while and that act read 100 plus just cruising or after it sits and you start it and it is super high. Killer chiller for me for this summer.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes I had one before. Hey, stick with whatever works for ya. Happy holidays!

Do you own a killer chiller ? If not you opinion doesn't mean anything it's just speculation and incorrect. Saying it's junk In a hot climate is just plain silly. You even said it might beat up to ambient. Well what do you think the water temps do in the best heat exchanger money can buy after a pull ? You are lucky to be cruising around with 20 degrees over ambient and I bet the water ends up 50 degrees over after a long pull. That is a night and day difference over a chilled setup yet you keep saying its junk lol. Iats with a chiller can be 50 degrees BELLOW ambient when cruising. There is no comparison here. Only way you will get any heat exchanger to cool this well is if you put ice in it constantly.

Would methonal help sure it would. The best combo for ultimate cooling would be chiller and methonal. Even then unless you are doing a lot of huge pulls back to back the meth isn't needed. Regular daily driving chiller works fantastically well. Plus you don't have to buy or fill anything once installed it just works.

As far as ac goes. Works as crappy as it did before the chiller as far as I could tell. Cools my car fine on a 105 degree day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: right IAT & COOLANT TEMP