Sponsored by:

Should I buy this e55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Should I buy this e55

I am looking for a e55 and I came across one in my city its a 2004 e55 only had one owner Andy kept up on schedule maintenance and has all receipts. The clutch was just replaced. The car looks well kept. The car has 115k miles on it. And the dealer is selling it for $14,997. Does this sound like a good deal I'm not to sure how these car fair past that 115k mark. I'm a good mechanic I normally fix all my cars myself but this will be the first mercedes I will own. Just want to make sure I'm not getting in over my head.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:08 PM

E55
Here is the link of the e55 I am thinking of buying.
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/ctd/4896046051.html
Old 02-24-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
What clutch are you referring to? The SC clutch?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:30 PM

E55
Yes sc clutch
Old 02-24-2015, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W211 E55
That is a tough milage for me cause if it had truly been cared for properly you are fine but everyone has different opinions of how that's done.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:51 PM

E55
Yea I agree the mileage is scaring me away, thanks for your input.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts
2004 E55.98 SS Camaro.Jetta TDI. Expedition
115k isn't that high. With really good records it's not bad. Although lower miles would be better. I would offer less or find a solid car with 80k or so for 15-16. Offer 12.9k and see what they say. Or just wait and watch the price fall.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:04 PM

2006 E55 AMG
I just recently bought an E55 with similar mileage and so far I am very happy with it. Although I am already starting to experience airmatic issues I knew going into buying the car that I was going to replace the system with coilover suspension so I am not that worried about it. I bought mine from a Mercedes Benz dealer in San Jose and mine only had 2 owners with meticulous service records which helped me feel better about the mileage.

I also looked at that car online although never drove it (I live in Sacramento also). Here are some things to consider:

Galaxy Autosport is a third party dealer meaning they get most of their cars from auction and not trade ins. Auction cars are risky because they usually come from the inventory that big dealers didnt want. (I worked in the industry in Sacramento for 10 years)

By all means make an appointment and drive it. Make sure you get service records and verification it is a one owner instead of taking the dealers word for it. Most importantly test driving the car WILL give you rose colored glasses. One step of the gas and you wont be able to say no. Keep an open mind and listen to your gut.

HTH, feel free to message me if you have anymore questions. I'm always willing to help out a fellow Sacramentan... is that what they call us?
Old 02-24-2015, 07:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
But just based on the statistics... Price is high. For that mileage and year. There are 2005s and 2006s with lower mileage in the $15k-$18k range. But if it's in fantastic condition, maybe $15K is good.

These kind of used car places are really hit or miss. They don't spend much money to bring the car to a high condition that a Mercedes-Benz dealer likely would.
Old 02-24-2015, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by A-A-Ron
I just recently bought an E55 with similar mileage and so far I am very happy with it. Although I am already starting to experience airmatic issues I knew going into buying the car that I was going to replace the system with coilover suspension so I am not that worried about it. I bought mine from a Mercedes Benz dealer in San Jose and mine only had 2 owners with meticulous service records which helped me feel better about the mileage.

I also looked at that car online although never drove it (I live in Sacramento also). Here are some things to consider:

Galaxy Autosport is a third party dealer meaning they get most of their cars from auction and not trade ins. Auction cars are risky because they usually come from the inventory that big dealers didnt want. (I worked in the industry in Sacramento for 10 years)

By all means make an appointment and drive it. Make sure you get service records and verification it is a one owner instead of taking the dealers word for it. Most importantly test driving the car WILL give you rose colored glasses. One step of the gas and you wont be able to say no. Keep an open mind and listen to your gut.

HTH, feel free to message me if you have anymore questions. I'm always willing to help out a fellow Sacramentan... is that what they call us?
Nice post! A-A-Ron has some good advice.

Did anyone notice that the (-) nub on the steering wheel is missing?

Try to get one with meticulous service records. These cars last a long time if they're maintained well. These cars also fall apart very quickly when they're not maintained well.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:42 AM

E55
Thanks A A Ron I will double check the service records and confirm the one owner. I'm going to test drive it Thursday street and freeway. I'll send you a pm if I have any questions I'm new to the sacramento area I hope to buy a e55 soon.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:48 PM

2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Mrwhitemage
Thanks A A Ron I will double check the service records and confirm the one owner. I'm going to test drive it Thursday street and freeway. I'll send you a pm if I have any questions I'm new to the sacramento area I hope to buy a e55 soon.

Welcome to the neighborhood What part of Sacramento are you in. If you want to meet up for a I can show you around and recommend some spots