W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Who here has a built block /5.7 engine?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015 | 08:00 AM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by jcjmw
Actually, I was talking stock rod but with ARP bolt. By chance, anyone done that? Would that ARP bolt increase the limits of stock rod?
I have ARPs on stock rods.. but the rest of my engine is a little different as well
Old 09-04-2015 | 09:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
Excuse me fellas, but after all the insults and personal attacks at each other .. DOES ANY ONE HAVE A LEGITIMATE " dyno sheet from any kind of dyno on how much power or ET slips on these set-ups Also how much power does these built 5.6 or 5.7 blocks with weistec s/c with a 82mm tb or 90mm tb . Thanks We all would appreciate it.
Old 09-04-2015 | 09:17 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Originally Posted by badm
Excuse me fellas, but after all the insults and personal attacks at each other .. DOES ANY ONE HAVE A LEGITIMATE " dyno sheet from any kind of dyno on how much power or ET slips on these set-ups Also how much power does these built 5.6 or 5.7 blocks with weistec s/c with a 82mm tb or 90mm tb . Thanks We all would appreciate it.
STFU?
Old 09-04-2015 | 10:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
I have time slips with stock displacement built motor (stock cams) and Weistec s/c with 90mm TB (courtesy of SirBoostAlot, the TB inlet looks like it came that way from Weistec). First day at the track with Jerry remote tuning the car was able to trap 143.5mph in the 1/4 (Only 17PSI of boost and pulley'd to make over 20, have logs if needed). I believe there is only 1 mercedes that I know of that has trapped higher but I could be wrong. Definitely the highest 55 trap. There are a bunch of supporting mods and the car wasn't hooking due to a very bad alignment but that should give you an idea of how much power the setup can potentially make (I would say it's making over 700whp). There's alot left on the table too. Keep in mind this car is driven to the track and driven home from the track, no trailer queen here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 09-04-2015 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-04-2015 | 12:20 PM

2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
How about you find out for yourself and update the group.

Thanks.
Old 09-04-2015 | 01:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
I have time slips with stock displacement built motor (stock cams) and Weistec s/c with 90mm TB (courtesy of SirBoostAlot, the TB inlet looks like it came that way from Weistec). First day at the track with Jerry remote tuning the car was able to trap 143.5mph in the 1/4 (Only 17PSI of boost and pulley'd to make over 20, have logs if needed). I believe there is only 1 mercedes that I know of that has trapped higher but I could be wrong. Definitely the highest 55 trap. There are a bunch of supporting mods and the car wasn't hooking due to a very bad alignment but that should give you an idea of how much power the setup can potentially make (I would say it's making over 700whp). There's alot left on the table too. Keep in mind this car is driven to the track and driven home from the track, no trailer queen here. Let me know if you have any other questions.
What does your car weigh?
Old 09-04-2015 | 02:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by rockthemullet
How about you find out for yourself and update the group.

Thanks.
That's not how things work around here. Lots of yapping/hating and no running.
Originally Posted by kponti
What does your car weigh?
I don't remember exactly but race weight was around 3700 or 3750. I will be back at the track soon and throw it on the scales and report back. It is significantly lighter than the E55 even in stock form (keep in mind I've ADDED lots of weight including sleeves, supercharger, heavy duty axles, bigger diff, trunk tank, etc but I also removed seats when I trapped 143.5 before). Although none of the fastest E55's are running full weight anyway
Old 09-04-2015 | 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Oh Wow, that's about 500+ lbs less than a typical E55. That should help a lot, kewl thanks for info and damn fast ride
Old 09-04-2015 | 10:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 E 450 4 matic wagon, cadilliac CTS AWD performance ,2018 VW Tiguan SUV 2006 CLS55 030pkg modded
Ask a simple questions and you get 1 real answer from a legit person Blackbenz and bunch of ***-HOLE comments ... from others. This forum isnt about AMG performance is about ego's and ***-holes ..
Old 09-05-2015 | 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
2006 E55, Various other German and ‘Murican
Ask a simple questions and you get 1 real answer from a legit person Blackbenz and bunch of ***-HOLE comments ... from others. This forum isnt about AMG performance is about ego's and ***-holes ..

I see many types of enthusiast groups go through these cycles. Because each car is different, they go on different tangents or just fizzle out. But the e55 is clearly going through a stage where many new owners are not.... Super mechanically inclined. Other newer models may never get to the part where real petrol heads own the cars.

There are some people here that know quite a bit, but also some who believe that there is money to be made on a very small production run. So sharing is spotty.

Luckily it's still just a machine, and can be modified like any other machine. Just takes some effort and research.
Old 09-05-2015 | 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by BC928
I see many types of enthusiast groups go through these cycles. Because each car is different, they go on different tangents or just fizzle out. But the e55 is clearly going through a stage where many new owners are not.... Super mechanically inclined. Other newer models may never get to the part where real petrol heads own the cars.

There are some people here that know quite a bit, but also some who believe that there is money to be made on a very small production run. So sharing is spotty.

Luckily it's still just a machine, and can be modified like any other machine. Just takes some effort and research.
I believe another member here referred to this as the "ricer stage." This is the point where a performance car becomes cheap enough for the unwashed masses to buy it, modify it (ghetto style) and then drive it into the ground because they can't afford the repairs, all the while the value of the model drops to the point where it doesn't make sense to repair it, thus leaving around only a few nice examples of said vehicle. I previously owned a Grand Prix GTP, it was super clean and now you just don't see them on the road anymore, they are in the junk yards. The E55 is currently in this "ricer stage" and as the prices continue to drop and the mileage continues to rack up there will be fewer on the road in the coming years. There will be quite a few pristine examples parked in garages however...the 50-60k mile cars... they sold somewhere around 8,000 E55's in the U.S. alone I believe, during the economic heyday. Probably a record AMG selling model in the U.S. and I'd bet the C63 was next in line.
Old 09-05-2015 | 01:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,490 Likes on 986 Posts
This place is a joke.
You left out the part about peni$ size. (or lack of)
Old 09-05-2015 | 02:48 AM

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
clk63, cls55, ml63, (w210) E55
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
I believe another member here referred to this as the "ricer stage." This is the point where a performance car becomes cheap enough for the unwashed masses to buy it, modify it (ghetto style) and then drive it into the ground because they can't afford the repairs, all the while the value of the model drops to the point where it doesn't make sense to repair it, thus leaving around only a few nice examples of said vehicle. I previously owned a Grand Prix GTP, it was super clean and now you just don't see them on the road anymore, they are in the junk yards. The E55 is currently in this "ricer stage" and as the prices continue to drop and the mileage continues to rack up there will be fewer on the road in the coming years. There will be quite a few pristine examples parked in garages however...the 50-60k mile cars... they sold somewhere around 8,000 E55's in the U.S. alone I believe, during the economic heyday. Probably a record AMG selling model in the U.S. and I'd bet the C63 was next in line.
Absolutely right, mr monkey. I was here in '06 and the members were a little different in those days. Experimenting with a new platform back then and worked pretty well together with new ideas. Kinda felt like family. Now? Well.......anyone can buy a $20k car and rice it out. Seems to be a sh*t ton of overnight experts now.

It's a dated platform, folks. With just a tune......a new Audi will get you near mid 10's in the 1/4. And yet, some of you call out and d*ck measure over a few tenths with each other like it's a monster? Really? It's kinda like neighborhoods. Once you buy into $400k and above.........the trash neighbor factor diminishes.

Long live mental midgets and their insecure call outs. Some should stop acting like OG'S here.
Old 09-05-2015 | 09:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
You are correct greaser, maintenance is still for a 90k car, I have seen guys not drive their cars for weeks sometimes months if a strut goes out or even when the fuel pumps were bad some were driving around with crazy gas fumes to not pay the replacement
Old 09-06-2015 | 06:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon
I don't know about the ricer stage, although I don't doubt it. For me, the new cars I like as a replacement are pricey or if used would still take a few bucks to mod in addition to the price to acquire it. For me, it made more sense to just keep my wagon and beef up engine. This project is not exactly cheap and I never really thought of it. But, when I got the unexpected offer on my wagon I started thinking and decided to take this path.
Old 09-28-2015 | 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
For those of you with a beefed up engine and Weistec SC, what kind of boost levels are you running? And, how are you getting it.

I am asking because my understanding is that 17 psi is max boost (unless you have a map clamp).
Old 09-28-2015 | 07:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I'm coming in late (and will always keep my wagon too), but I don't see the point of opening the engine up. With a good tune and the right exhaust, you can get some monster power. Why invest in a car worth less than $20K?

I look a different approach. Left the E55 wagon alone and bought it a friend -- an 05 SL65.
Old 09-29-2015 | 09:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 Wagon
Originally Posted by tscales
I'm coming in late (and will always keep my wagon too), but I don't see the point of opening the engine up. With a good tune and the right exhaust, you can get some monster power. Why invest in a car worth less than $20K?

I look a different approach. Left the E55 wagon alone and bought it a friend -- an 05 SL65.
Because I want to. I'm not investing. This wagon is something I enjoy (like golf).
Old 09-29-2015 | 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Why would anyone call spending money on a car (ANY CAR, any price) an investment? Best case scenario, you get your money back (classic cars). Normal case you lose everything you spent. Worst case your car blows and you scrap the remainder.
Old 10-08-2015 | 01:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG twinturbo
I'm also late to the party. Recently bought a CLS 55 AMG that was converted to a twin turbo. My guess that for the past year or so, it has not been well taken care of. The car never had air filters, only wire mesh over the turbos. Once it's delivered I can run a leakdown test.

Hoping not to get bashed here but....how did the Carillo rods work out? Pauter makes rods for $2k. Any part numbers for ARP? I see Darton sleeves are about $1600 and I can drive the block to Oceanside. Then there is the question of pistons and CR. Yeay fun! Honestly, this car was fast enough on pump gas (10.9 at 128 apparently). A few more hp tweaks to compensate for a 91 tune is fine for me.
Old 10-08-2015 | 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts
2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
Originally Posted by kponti
Why would anyone call spending money on a car (ANY CAR, any price) an investment? Best case scenario, you get your money back (classic cars). Normal case you lose everything you spent. Worst case your car blows and you scrap the remainder.
That's like marriage lol
No divorce
Divorce
Real bad divorce
Old 10-08-2015 | 08:11 AM

2005 Mercedes E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Stiffmeister
I'm also late to the party. Recently bought a CLS 55 AMG that was converted to a twin turbo. My guess that for the past year or so, it has not been well taken care of. The car never had air filters, only wire mesh over the turbos. Once it's delivered I can run a leakdown test.

Hoping not to get bashed here but....how did the Carillo rods work out? Pauter makes rods for $2k. Any part numbers for ARP? I see Darton sleeves are about $1600 and I can drive the block to Oceanside. Then there is the question of pistons and CR. Yeay fun! Honestly, this car was fast enough on pump gas (10.9 at 128 apparently). A few more hp tweaks to compensate for a 91 tune is fine for me.
The stock static compression is 7.9:1 so that junk 91 should be just fine. What car is this? I only know of one turbo CLS and it was compound boost. Feel free to PM me, I'd like to hear more
Old 10-08-2015 | 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
If it's black it's bihns (powerhaus shop from jersey)
Old 10-08-2015 | 12:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLS 55 AMG twinturbo
Yes, it is/was Binh's from Powerhaus. The only information I could get from them was that they had not serviced the car in over a year. I emailed someone named Jake@eurocharged.com and did not get a response. The motor itself is stock.

It's unfortunate that we can only get crap 91 in California. E85 is definitely the route to go in that state if you want power. So stock CR is 7.9:1 and the SLR is 8.8:1 at 13 of boost? I'm a big fan of building the bottom end right and only doing it once. My 300zxtt survived 15 years of abuse and I just rebuilt it again (Eagle rods, Ross pistons, Cometic, ARP, balanced). Suggestions how to squeeze reliable power out of these motors would be greatly appreciated.

Please remember, fellow Mercedes builders aren't the enemy!
Old 10-08-2015 | 12:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Dirt Scooters
If that's the car that was a well put together kit. Has a lot of potential.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who here has a built block /5.7 engine?