E55 totaled after 9 years...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 w211 E55
E55 totaled after 9 years...

Hey guys I have had the car for about 9 years now. Bought it with 19k miles and the car currently has 64k miles. My mom was driving the car and somehow bottomed out and the whole sub-frame came down. The car has always been properly maintained and garage kept.

I feel terrible to let the car go like this. I just installed the eurocharged headers I didn't even get to really use. The pulley, heat exchanger, tcu tune, spark plugs and new rotors just went in within the past year.

I was considering selling the car this year but would hate to let a well maintained low mileage modded e55 go to crap like this. I have a guy who said he would be able to repair the car for about $7-8k and I'm going to find out what I can buy the car back for tom.

Would this car be worth anything to sell with a salvage title? I know its scary for people but me knowing the car it would be such a waste to let it go down like this. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
65 Chevelle Wagon w/ C5 frame, 08 ML63, 04 S600, 04 E55,(sold) 00 ML55,(sold) 98 C43-55K Swap
Post up some pix. May be a easy fix for someone with some spare parts.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
E55
Slow down, take a breath, get her on a lift, assess the damage to the underside.

Any shop is going to slap a major repair bill when it comes to "frame" or "sub-frame" damage. The rear sub-frame bolts would scare the living **** out of a shop. Turns out they are relatively easy to R&R if sheared. Get a few opinions and go see for yourself

Remember, she put up with your right foot for 9 years. Don't give up on her so easy
Old 09-23-2015, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
That sucks bro, sorry to hear… Ive always enjoyed your videos and posts.. Your car ran really strong. Hope you get a quick painless resolution. We're rooting for you!

[QUOTE=2000UZJ;6565122

Remember, she put up with your right foot for 9 years. Don't give up on her so easy [/QUOTE]

I do not mean to laugh in a situation like this. I'm sorry, that comment by itself was funny.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by 2000UZJ
Slow down, take a breath, get her on a lift, assess the damage to the underside.

Any shop is going to slap a major repair bill when it comes to "frame" or "sub-frame" damage. The rear sub-frame bolts would scare the living **** out of a shop. Turns out they are relatively easy to R&R if sheared. Get a few opinions and go see for yourself

Remember, she put up with your right foot for 9 years. Don't give up on her so easy
I had her up on the lift with guys I trust and yeah Lolol. My right foot wasn't easy to deal with that's for sure lolol
Old 09-23-2015, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Max.H
That sucks bro, sorry to hear… Ive always enjoyed your videos and posts.. Your car ran really strong. Hope you get a quick painless resolution. We're rooting for you!

I do not mean to laugh in a situation like this. I'm sorry, that comment by itself was funny.
Thanks bro! I was looking forward to running my M4. The downpipes came in today and my jb4 and intake is gonna be here Monday. Was dying to see how the E does with the M4.

I am considering keeping it also. I just need to assess these damages more accurately and see tom what they offer me to buy it back.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
E55
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Thanks bro! I was looking forward to running my M4. The downpipes came in today and my jb4 and intake is gonna be here Monday. Was dying to see how the E does with the M4.

I am considering keeping it also. I just need to assess these damages more accurately and see tom what they offer me to buy it back.
Jeezus JB4 and Downpipes on an M4 you are moving out. I think stock for stock they would be a really close race. But, after 130mph I kinda think the M4's shorter gears and more gears would pull away like the 63s.

I bet you can buy it back cheap. GL!
Old 09-23-2015, 07:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by Max.H
Jeezus JB4 and Downpipes on an M4 you are moving out. I think stock for stock they would be a really close race. But, after 130mph I kinda think the M4's shorter gears and more gears would pull away like the 63s.

I bet you can buy it back cheap. GL!
I'll figure it out soon lol.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Damn ! I remember your car was the factory monster ! Hope you get her back and fix her up.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

04 w211 E55
Originally Posted by CharlyE500
Damn ! I remember your car was the factory monster ! Hope you get her back and fix her up.
Just kept up with the maintenance bro. This car brought me so much joy and happiness and still gets tons of attention and love everywhere I go. If I buy it back and fix it I have to be willing to keep it until the wheels fall off. That's what I'm debating about.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
E55K AMG
Originally Posted by E55AMGGG04
Hey guys I have had the car for about 9 years now. Bought it with 19k miles and the car currently has 64k miles. My mom was driving the car and somehow bottomed out and the whole sub-frame came down. The car has always been properly maintained and garage kept.

I feel terrible to let the car go like this. I just installed the eurocharged headers I didn't even get to really use. The pulley, heat exchanger, tcu tune, spark plugs and new rotors just went in within the past year.

I was considering selling the car this year but would hate to let a well maintained low mileage modded e55 go to crap like this. I have a guy who said he would be able to repair the car for about $7-8k and I'm going to find out what I can buy the car back for tom.

Would this car be worth anything to sell with a salvage title? I know its scary for people but me knowing the car it would be such a waste to let it go down like this. Anyone have any experience or suggestions?

do you mean the rear? it wont cost that much

my sub frame came away 3 times. first time cost the most -air bags, prop shaft and driveshaft rubbers. Then one bolt snapped at a time and finally fitted very high tensile nuts and bolts.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by £ C43 £ AMG £
do you mean the rear? it wont cost that much

my sub frame came away 3 times. first time cost the most -air bags, prop shaft and driveshaft rubbers. Then one bolt snapped at a time and finally fitted very high tensile nuts and bolts.
^^ THIS

I wouldn't stress too much - More than likely the sub frame bolts have snapped or fallen out, this is quite common for a lot of tracked/street raced/launched E55's

If you have a hole saw and decent drill it is an at home (axle stand) DIY

Some guys also weld in an additional plate where it bolts up for additional reinforcement

I know 3 guys who have all had their sub frames drop over the past 3 months and all of them repaired it at home by themselves in under a day, they all just needed to buy new bolts, although I think one of them also needed a new driveshaft flex disk because he had some vibration after replacing the bolts

Heres a DIY - https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...-big-deal.html

Last edited by menace2sobriety; 09-27-2015 at 06:01 PM.