Sponsored by:

Installing Trunk Tank

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Benz CL 55 amg
Originally Posted by Denroll
I used a bore bit to make two holes for the hoses. I found out that it's a double-walled bulkhead there, which messed up my idea of using these really sweet grommets I found for the passthrough.

This exit point was high enough that the hoses are completely clear of any moving suspension pieces and has suitable clearance from the exhaust. I fed the hose up from the bottom and pulled them through the holes, then routed the rest alongside the brake line. If you drop that passenger side undercarriage panel (easy), you'll see the brake line. Then I routed it up through the front wheel well and down to the i/c pump. I can't even see the hoses from under the car.

Note: the '03 & '04 have the battery mounted in the middle, so this may not work.

Attachment 368024
hi,
I'm new to ic trunk tank thing. I'm wondering which one is trunk tank and what's the second tank you have in your trunk ?
thanks
Old 09-20-2017, 10:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 CLS55
Originally Posted by Geesingh916
hi,
I'm new to ic trunk tank thing. I'm wondering which one is trunk tank and what's the second tank you have in your trunk ?
thanks
It looks like a methanol / water tank.
Look into Devils own or snow performance. They are a couple of the known brands for methanol injection.
Old 11-11-2019, 10:46 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 CLS55 & 2011 G55 & 2xE55 Wagon
Originally Posted by T9ja
Just replaced both pumps, and was wondering if there's any other way to bleed the system than to let the trapped air out through the tank?

Does anyone know if the 7 gallon trunk tank will fit to the spare tire space without having clearance issue to close the trunk cover so I could use the trunk space without having the cover ( one to access the spare tire area ) sitting too high.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 338 Likes on 290 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Get the specs from the tank and than measure the trunk depth. I run two 3.5 gallon tanks and they fit perfect and can still get some tools and stuf in there with no problem. I don't remember how deep the trunck is...would have to measure it.