Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2016 | 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
^^^^^^ exactly, name this shop
Old 05-12-2016 | 04:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 cls63 a amg. 2018 AMG GTR
You would never know it from the outside , like any other shop if anything it is nicer than your average Indy shop. Specialize in MB too.
I just heard through the grapevine about them and the well known club they are affiliated with. No I'm not going
to name them on a public forum lol........ they are actually really nice to talk to from what my friend said.

Few grand isn't worth the trouble. I should have known she would take it to someone like that. She has been in some scary circles in her past. You would never know it by looking at her either.

Last edited by dllhg; 05-12-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 05-12-2016 | 05:01 PM

2004 E55 AMG; 1991 Previa
Guys guys guys, please put your pitchforks down ! Cylinder 8 is a common issue with these cars, and what's to say that OP and his buddy didn't weaken the motor to the point where it started to misfire when they happened to sell it to their girl friend. Seems like a classic case of pump and dump, especially when you consider that the car was modded and like everyone else on this forum I have a heavy foot when it comes to this car. Just common sense guys, and it sure seems that most of you lack it. LMFAO though, how many members have tunes with stock headers and ran their motors fine for how many miles? Oh wait unless they took it for a 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' style test drive. Can't blame OP or his buddy for any damages!

Also unless you have some concrete evidence (before and after compression tests) I'd suggest you not name the shop, unless you want to get sued for defamation.
Old 05-12-2016 | 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
whats the name of this shop ???
Goodfellas Auto Repair
Old 05-12-2016 | 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03SL55
Why would they change headers then do a compression test on the motor. If there was an issue prior to their work, then they would have done a compression check before hand. Stinks to high fkn heaven, they ragged that chix car and now they want to jizz on her face to the tune of 5k $$$. Just walk away man.
Old 05-12-2016 | 11:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by kustom2k1
Why would they change headers then do a compression test on the motor. If there was an issue prior to their work, then they would have done a compression check before hand. Stinks to high fkn heaven, they ragged that chix car and now they want to jizz on her face to the tune of 5k $$$. Just walk away man.

Nail on the head m friend . The flat out said the problem was noticeable after they swapped headers and most likely "test drove" it. I just had a ride in the car a couple days before she got it with my friend and it pulled like a freight train and ran smoothly. Will be interesting to see how it runs tomorrow when he picks it up and its stock again.

Not going to leave her holding the bag. We have known her for long time and she also isn't someone I would want pissed at me either

Last edited by dllhg; 05-13-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Old 05-13-2016 | 10:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '15 Jeep SRT8, '94 Mustang GT
WTF? Do you run around in Mafia circles? Is the shop owned by the Mexican Cartel? Being afraid of a friend and a shop sounds like there are more issues going on than you're saying.
Old 05-13-2016 | 10:50 AM

E55, Granturismo, F430, 993, E39, Jag
This thread is amusing
Attached Thumbnails Did this shop blow the motor ?!-img_1007.jpg  
Old 05-13-2016 | 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 SL55,2020 GTC ,2017 GTS sold ,2002 G500 Sold,2003 SL500 Sold,
Cmon man ,your giving us half a story ,tell us more about the shady garage and the girl
Old 05-13-2016 | 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally Posted by dllhg
Friend just went to shop and checked it out. Well it doesn't run terribly. No CEL but has occasional misfire on #8 which is the one that tested low.

Going to give money back to the girl. Taking rest of mods off to sell, Smog the car and sell as is for cheap disclosing the low compression.

Don't think he is going to push hard with the shop. Apparently they aren't the kind of people you want to **** off ....... Better to take a loss on some $$ if you know what I mean.
I would NOT take ANY responsibility for this if your friend was dumb enough to trust these guys, why should any of you pay for it?

Take a Lambo, drop it off at Meineke for a headgasket swap and blame someone else cos your engine blew up, that's about how close your description makes this sound
Old 05-13-2016 | 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HeissRod
WTF? Do you run around in Mafia circles? Is the shop owned by the Mexican Cartel? Being afraid of a friend and a shop sounds like there are more issues going on than you're saying.
LOL, its not quite like that ...

Very legit looking Mercedes shop. Just happened to find out they run in certain circles don't want to have anything to do with and wouldn't want to **** them off.

Even a regular shop it is unlikely any amount of noise will get them to replace the motor so there is no point in going down that road with these guys especially.

The girl, well we have known her for years. She has had a very colorful past. Super cool and very middle class looking ..... Mainly we both like her and wouldn't want her to get screwed on this whole thing. Its not her fault. It sucks but it is what it is. Sometimes I get hung up on every little $ or ethical issue, other times I let go of it. Depends on circumstances and whether its worth it or not.

Honestly pissing any woman off can be scary
Old 05-13-2016 | 04:18 PM
DVC
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

'06 E55 AMG
Wasn't this car a salvage title with a wagon wheel crank pulley on it?

Forgive me if I'm thinking of someone else!
Old 08-03-2017 | 09:51 PM

1956 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday, 2006 AMG S55, 2016 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE
LOL, its not quite like that ...

Very legit looking Mercedes shop. Just happened to find out they run in certain circles don't want to have anything to do with and wouldn't want to **** them off.

Even a regular shop it is unlikely any amount of noise will get them to replace the motor so there is no point in going down that road with these guys especially.

The girl, well we have known her for years. She has had a very colorful past. Super cool and very middle class looking ..... Mainly we both like her and wouldn't want her to get screwed on this whole thing. Its not her fault. It sucks but it is what it is. Sometimes I get hung up on every little $ or ethical issue, other times I let go of it. Depends on circumstances and whether its worth it or not.

Honestly pissing any woman off can be scary
Okay but are you talking some kind of mafia circle or maybe terrorism connections? Italian mafia is way more prevalent in the East Coast than Cali. So I'm just curious now...
Old 08-04-2017 | 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cmpcpro
Okay but are you talking some kind of mafia circle or maybe terrorism connections? Italian mafia is way more prevalent in the East Coast than Cali. So I'm just curious now...
I think they are a biker club of some sort.
Old 08-06-2017 | 05:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
I think they are a biker club of some sort.
So about a year later, what happened?

I'm inclined to believe it was the shop. Ages ago, something similar happened, had a shop replace some motor mounts and afterwards it ran really rough. Didn't know much about cars back then and thought it was coincidental at the time and the shop owner claimed that it was probably like that, just didn't notice because the mounts were gone before. Then later on I talked to another mechanic that used to work there and he said that some of the guys working in the shop tended to drive the cars hard, probably overreved it as it was a stick and a turbo.
Old 08-07-2017 | 09:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by cetialpha5
So about a year later, what happened?

I'm inclined to believe it was the shop. Ages ago, something similar happened, had a shop replace some motor mounts and afterwards it ran really rough. Didn't know much about cars back then and thought it was coincidental at the time and the shop owner claimed that it was probably like that, just didn't notice because the mounts were gone before. Then later on I talked to another mechanic that used to work there and he said that some of the guys working in the shop tended to drive the cars hard, probably overreved it as it was a stick and a turbo.
Friend who had the car just sold it to the same girl for 3K Funny she went to the same shop to put a "new" motor in for $10K supposedly.........

Glad it wasnt me , that is all I can say. Who would have thought driving it with all that boost after removing long tube headers could cause such a problem