W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NITROUS KIT INSTALLED!! ANY NITROUS GUYS OUT THERE? PLEASE CHIME IN!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 12:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nissan s14 kouki
NITROUS KIT INSTALLED!! ANY NITROUS GUYS OUT THERE? PLEASE CHIME IN!

Nothing special.. just a simple universal nitrous kit.. no elaborate things going on. And yes i been all over the forums and researching and using the seach engine on mbworld and still no luck.. yes I have the 1-step colder plugs, and upgraded heat exchanger with with slit cooling.. and yes I know there are plenty of mods to help me haul a$$..but with the holidays and the price I got this kit for , it was literally a no brainer. I mean who would say no to 75% off to a brand new Nitrous kit off your own buddy? Haha. Anywho , So my question for my e55 nitrous guys out there is

How many shots of nitrous are u guys running? And did you pull timing and get colder plugs? Please help a fellow HP maniac out.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
What does that mean "shots" of nitrous? Do you mean horse power?
Old 12-09-2016, 07:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
A Merc
50 shot is safe and not much timing will need to be pulled. The ecu might actually keep timing believe it or not with a small shot like that
Old 12-09-2016, 08:49 AM
SPONSOR

Location: Houston/ Austin /Toronto / UAE / Minneapolis / Orlando /Cincinnati
Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts
Eurocharged Performance ML63 and TT lambo
ya the cars love nos, but you need to tune for it with 75 shot or more

run a wet shot
Old 12-09-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
You are correct there is limited info on details on setting it up. I looked into it as an option and from what everyone told me if you go nitro to do a 35 shot to start then slowly ramp up after tuning, etc. It will give more power and keep IAT's low.

You planning on a Mad Max "push a button" set-up or something more elaborate?

Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NOS

Without a doubt.....NOS gives you big power for low$$$$.....but if not installed correctly it can cause significant damage to your motor.
,speaking from experience.The car definately LOVE NOS.
If you dont have bigger injectors and fuel rail,be sure to do this along with the timing.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:16 AM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by SICAMG
What does that mean "shots" of nitrous? Do you mean horse power?
shot/horsepower. Same thing.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:21 AM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by Hulk
50 shot is safe and not much timing will need to be pulled. The ecu might actually keep timing believe it or not with a small shot like that
yo "HULK" u messed with nitrous on ur e55 before? If soooo . Tell me your experience with running just a 50 shot and how much did u increase the nitrous horsepower/shots to before u called it a day. I want to do this thread for everyone on this forum who's curious about running nitrous . So no one gets iffy or scared or afraid to run this stuff. It's been a proven and reliable power adder. Nitrous doesn't blow motors, people blow motors because they don't know how to use nitrous properly. I know R_Flow88 was the nitrous god/guru but have read he's no longer around. So this should be helpful to all of the the guys wanting to run the happy sauce.

Last edited by jkamtan909; 12-16-2016 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-11-2016, 02:24 AM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by jamusa
Without a doubt.....NOS gives you big power for low$$$$.....but if not installed correctly it can cause significant damage to your motor.
If you dont have bigger injectors and fuel rail,be sure to do this along with the timing.
from your experience fill us all in on what u were able to run before u had to go with a tune and larger injectors.. we need a legit nitrous thread on mbworld. Even though alot of people are against it. V8's in general love this stuff. I'very seen plenty get away with 100shot. To bad we have cast pistons. Smh
Old 12-11-2016, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Saw it on 2 diff cars. No tunes either. They had canned tunes and just put the 50 shot. No nitrous tune.

One was completely stock except for canned tune , other had 178 pulley and headers canned tune. Both did the nitrous for awhile before selling them, as far as I know no issues. Cars ran strong. These cars love a small shot like that
Old 12-11-2016, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
Originally Posted by jkamtan909
shot/horsepower. Same thing.
Ha LOL ....Im old school. Forgot about about the "shot". My bad.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:02 AM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by jamusa
Old 12-12-2016, 12:04 AM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by Hulk
Saw it on 2 diff cars. No tunes either. They had canned tunes and just put the 50 shot. No nitrous tune.

One was completely stock except for canned tune , other had 178 pulley and headers canned tune. Both did the nitrous for awhile before selling them, as far as I know no issues. Cars ran strong. These cars love a small shot like that
what do u mean by "canned" tunes?
Old 12-12-2016, 12:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 993 Likes on 765 Posts
2003 CL 600
Injectors don't matter if you do a wet shot, which you should. The additional fuel is added by the kit, not through the injectors.

Start with a small 50 shot, look at the a/f and make sure it's dialed in (11.8-12.0) on bottle. If not, you can adjust the jetting to get it there.

If you go over 50hp, you should pull 2 degrees of timing for each 50hp, to compensate for the faster burn of the added nitrous. So pull 4-6 degrees for a 150, and make sure your a/f ratio stays good or adjust jetting appropriately.

Nitrous doesn't break parts, the added power breaks parts. Nitrous makes it very easy to add power though. If the car is not tuned properly or knocking, it will break with or without nitrous. Many people are afraid of it because they don't understand, but it's the best hp/dollar mod you can do, the downside is that it's a consumable.
The following 2 users liked this post by ItalianJoe1:
GatorMB (12-31-2016), jaffa426 (02-19-2020)
Old 12-12-2016, 12:40 AM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
Injectors don't matter if you do a wet shot, which you should. The additional fuel is added by the kit, not through the injectors.

Start with a small 50 shot, look at the a/f and make sure it's dialed in (11.8-12.0) on bottle. If not, you can adjust the jetting to get it there.

If you go over 50hp, you should pull 2 degrees of timing for each 50hp, to compensate for the faster burn of the added nitrous. So pull 4-6 degrees for a 150, and make sure your a/f ratio stays good or adjust jetting appropriately.

Nitrous doesn't break parts, the added power breaks parts. Nitrous makes it very easy to add power though. If the car is not tuned properly or knocking, it will break with or without nitrous. Many people are afraid of it because they don't understand, but it's the best hp/dollar mod you can do, the downside is that it's a consumable.
Italian Joe you are the man! These are the type of facts and knowledge I wanted on a post like this! And people dont forget colder plugs if your going over a 50shot/hit of nitrous!!!! Thanks for the advice. I haven't made a nitrous hit just yet. I'm waiting for this Fridays pay check to grab a wideband. All my previous cars I ran A EM UEGO . But I'm thinkin of innovate or zietronix. Still up in the air of wideband choice cause I'm only going to monitor the driver side since our cylinder 8 is located on that side. I'm also waiting on another purchase of a gopro to record different angles so I can update and post on youtube for our mbworld users
Old 12-12-2016, 06:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A Merc
Canned = off the shelf tune. Not a custom tune. Usually they are more rich and less aggressive.

Like I said with a 50 shot as long as the afr is good you will be fine
Old 12-13-2016, 01:56 PM

nissan s14 kouki
My baby! Rear wheels are clk320 wheels on mickey thompson et streets

Last edited by jkamtan909; 12-13-2016 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-13-2016, 02:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
This should get interesting. Is this the first car you've sprayed? Just wondering based on your questions. Good luck. Nobody really knows what these motors will hold. It's all just speculation and guesses. Also it might hold a 200 shot but how many times
Old 12-13-2016, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
E55 AMG
I'd throw some forged pistons in before going 150 or higher, unless of course you want an excuse to put in a new engine.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
If it's a wet kit, I wonder how much higher than 50 will the stock fuel pump supply...
Old 12-13-2016, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CL 600
Originally Posted by c55asleep?
If it's a wet kit, I wonder how much higher than 50 will the stock fuel pump supply...
The power levels are the same. So if you can make 500whp before a fuel pump upgrade is necessary on just boost, you will need to upgrade to make over 500whp on nitrous. Dry or wet, you still need more fuel. It's just where it comes in from. I don't know the specific E55 numbers myself but it has to be out there.

It's all in the tuning though. I've seen cars tuned way too rich that are "running out of injector/pump", but when you get the fueling where it's supposed to be, they are perfectly safe. Monitor A/F and see if it pushes lean at higher RPMS. That's the only real way to see, unless you are gonna install a fuel pressure gauge and watch for drops, which is just not necessary, although if done during the tuning phase could add an extra layer of information to have.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bicycle
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
The power levels are the same. So if you can make 500whp before a fuel pump upgrade is necessary on just boost, you will need to upgrade to make over 500whp on nitrous. Dry or wet, you still need more fuel. It's just where it comes in from. I don't know the specific E55 numbers myself but it has to be out there.

It's all in the tuning though. I've seen cars tuned way too rich that are "running out of injector/pump", but when you get the fueling where it's supposed to be, they are perfectly safe. Monitor A/F and see if it pushes lean at higher RPMS. That's the only real way to see, unless you are gonna install a fuel pressure gauge and watch for drops, which is just not necessary, although if done during the tuning phase could add an extra layer of information to have.
Different car but similar engine. Had a 2005 C55 with a wet kit. Car had all the bolts ons. A/F was perfect a little on the rich side. Installed a wet kit and tapped the fuel rail for the fuel side. Anything above "75 shot" and it would start to run out of fuel. So either the fuel pump wasn't able to keep up with the demand of the system or the fuel rail wasn't giving me the pressure I needed. We even installed a bigger jet on the fuel side and it wouldn't change. Just wasn't there. "50 shot" no problem. I understand it's a different car, but some what similar.. btw I wonder where those E55's on spray are at lol... OP where are you tapping in for fuel?

Last edited by c55asleep?; 12-14-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 CL 600
C55 probably has a smaller pump as it's a much less powerful car, but yeah what you describe is exactly why you use an a/f gauge. If you see it going lean, you can find out why and correct it rather than damage your vehicle.

There's usually a drop-in solution. A CL65 pump is in-tank and it's huge, capable of supporting a ton of flow. Just a thought.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:22 PM

nissan s14 kouki
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
This should get interesting. Is this the first car you've sprayed? Just wondering based on your questions. Good luck. Nobody really knows what these motors will hold. It's all just speculation and guesses. Also it might hold a 200 shot but how many times
naw I'm not new to nitrous just new to mercedes. Ls engines and other v8's eat up 100shot all day no problem. But then again they are all naturally aspirated. As far as us amg guys we got a blower so I just want some info from the experienced guys here on the forums before I go with a crazy hp shot of nitrous
Old 12-14-2016, 04:04 PM

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
2015 gl450
Originally Posted by jkamtan909
naw I'm not new to nitrous just new to mercedes. Ls engines and other v8's eat up 100shot all day no problem. But then again they are all naturally aspirated. As far as us amg guys we got a blower so I just want some info from the experienced guys here on the forums before I go with a crazy hp shot of nitrous
Double the shot when you are going to run it thru a blower, general rule of thumb.

A 50 shot, is like an NA engine running a 100. Anything beyond a 75, it's probably advised to go with a wet. Anything above a 100-150, most vendors like N2 Outlet will advise a direct port setup to properly disperse the shot.

Go for it. Only one way to find the limit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NITROUS KIT INSTALLED!! ANY NITROUS GUYS OUT THERE? PLEASE CHIME IN!