W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods $15,000 (Chicago area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods $15,000 (Chicago area)

Selling my 2005 w211 in the Chicagoland area. 118,000 miles. No accidents. All maintenance and performance upgrades performed by a certified Mercedes Benz technician. Panoramic roof, Dynamic heated/air-cooled seats, Xenon headlights. Interior in very good condition. Awesome car but selling in order to pursue a new project. Comes with set of snow tires (75%+ life left on them) that are mounted on the original AMG wheels. $15,000. Low ball offers will be ignored.

Aftermarket performance upgrades:
  • 180mm Crank Pulley
  • ECU tune by Eurocharged
  • FTP Heat Exchanger
  • Bosch 010 High-flow Coolant Pump
  • Split cooling
  • Kleemann Long-tube headers
  • Custom built exhaust from headers to mufflers
  • Belt Wrap Kit
  • Methanol Injection with safety shutoff
  • Boost gauge
  • Air/Fuel sensor
Attached Thumbnails For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods ,000 (Chicago area)-unnamed-2.jpg   For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods ,000 (Chicago area)-unnamed.jpg   For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods ,000 (Chicago area)-unnamed-3.jpg   For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods ,000 (Chicago area)-unnamed-4.jpg   For sale: 2005 E55 w/ mods ,000 (Chicago area)-unnamed-5.jpg  

Last edited by cts86; 12-20-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:47 PM

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
2006 E55
To anyone looking… I reached out to the owner in a PM and suggested the red tape around the windows is cute but he may want to remove it to appeal to the masses as some friendly advice.

as it turns out, he is the type of guy that tapes up all the trim around the windows when he waxes the car…

you guys can put the pieces to the puzzle together on how well cared for the car is...

Great car and good luck with the sale!
Old 12-20-2016, 07:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by BlackHammer
To anyone looking… I reached out to the owner in a PM and suggested the red tape around the windows is cute but he may want to remove it to appeal to the masses as some friendly advice.

as it turns out, he is the type of guy that tapes up all the trim around the windows when he waxes the car…

you guys can put the pieces to the puzzle together on how well cared for the car is...

Great car and good luck with the sale!
That may be the case, but I think the single post count subsequently lack of investment on the forum combined with the lack of other details; such as number of owners, more extensive service history, etc. are probably his biggest hurdles.

No doubt, the poster may very likely be a perfect angle with an amazing vehicle; but those who only use the platform with one single post to sell their wares are seen as risky.

Furthermore, I don't see any red tape around the windows, and I don't see any "EDIT" remarks to indicate the photos were changed.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:32 PM

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
2005 E55 | 1968 Road Runner
Wideride

If I'm looking at the same photos, that 'red tape' is the trim around the windows that almost invariably turns purple from UV exposure. My car exhibits this as well but not this extent.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:41 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by patrick_y
That may be the case, but I think the single post count subsequently lack of investment on the forum combined with the lack of other details; such as number of owners, more extensive service history, etc. are probably his biggest hurdles.

No doubt, the poster may very likely be a perfect angle with an amazing vehicle; but those who only use the platform with one single post to sell their wares are seen as risky.

Furthermore, I don't see any red tape around the windows, and I don't see any "EDIT" remarks to indicate the photos were changed.
My single post count is for a very good reason: my brother is a Master-certified Mercedes tech, and is the only person allowed to touch my car when it comes to maintenance or mods. If I have a question, I go to him. It's his job to know these cars backwards and forwards, and he is extremely talented when it comes to performance upgrades. Therefore, I don't need this forum for discussion purposes. I use it because I'm interested in work done by other people, seeing other builds, etc. It would also be great to sell it to someone who truly is interested in AMGs - hence why this forum is appealing.

I certainly have receipts for all the service and mods done to my car. I'm happy to share those with anyone who expresses serious interest. I honestly love this car, and I'm not in a hurry to sell it. So anyone who thinks I'm "risky" because its my first post and I didn't go into minute detail about the service history...I don't care to deal with anyway. You can think what you want.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:43 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by WideRide
If I'm looking at the same photos, that 'red tape' is the trim around the windows that almost invariably turns purple from UV exposure. My car exhibits this as well but not this extent.
Yup - you are exactly right as to why they appear that color. It actually isn't very noticeable outside of bright sunlight.
The following users liked this post:
Toadster (12-22-2016)
Old 12-22-2016, 10:40 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
05 E55, 06 Audi S4
So car wasn't garage kept? C'mon you shouldn't be allowed to own this car of your gonna store it outside haha. Good luck with sale regardless.
Old 12-22-2016, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by cts86
My single post count is for a very good reason: my brother is a Master-certified Mercedes tech, and is the only person allowed to touch my car when it comes to maintenance or mods. If I have a question, I go to him. It's his job to know these cars backwards and forwards, and he is extremely talented when it comes to performance upgrades. Therefore, I don't need this forum for discussion purposes. I use it because I'm interested in work done by other people, seeing other builds, etc. It would also be great to sell it to someone who truly is interested in AMGs - hence why this forum is appealing.

I certainly have receipts for all the service and mods done to my car. I'm happy to share those with anyone who expresses serious interest. I honestly love this car, and I'm not in a hurry to sell it. So anyone who thinks I'm "risky" because its my first post and I didn't go into minute detail about the service history...I don't care to deal with anyway. You can think what you want.
Those last two sentences were really classy. Really shows you're a big man who likes to swing around your prerogative.

People really assume that you're, until you give them reason not to.
Old 12-22-2016, 05:48 PM

clk320
Those last two sentences were really classy. Really shows you're a big man who likes to swing around your prerogative.

dude, seriously? Why are you being such a douche to this guy? The OP is just trying to sell his car. Who the f#@k cares about what he's done on these forums. It's people like you who ruin these forums. Unless you want information about the car mind your own business. Anybody is allowed to sell a car on this site. Nobody deserves to be put down because it's their first post. Everyone has a first post. To the OP: good luck with the sale, it looks like a really nice car. I'm sure the fact that a family member is a Mercedes tech your car is probably very well cared for. Ignore the negative posts on here. I would love to buy that car from you but I'm a little broke around Christmas. If it's still for sale in a month or two I would like to come and see it.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:50 PM

2005 E55

...I'm just trying to sell this car to someone who will enjoy it as much as I do, which I thought this forum would be best for. However, unprovoked comments like your's make me question whether that thought was correct.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:53 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by benzkomp
dude, seriously? Why are you being such a douche to this guy? The OP is just trying to sell his car. Who the f#@k cares about what he's done on these forums. It's people like you who ruin these forums. Unless you want information about the car mind your own business. Anybody is allowed to sell a car on this site. Nobody deserves to be put down because it's their first post. Everyone has a first post. To the OP: good luck with the sale, it looks like a really nice car. I'm sure the fact that a family member is a Mercedes tech your car is probably very well cared for. Ignore the negative posts on here. I would love to buy that car from you but I'm a little broke around Christmas. If it's still for sale in a month or two I would like to come and see it.
Sounds good - I'm happy to follow up with you in a month or two if I still have it.
Old 12-22-2016, 06:56 PM

2005 E55
Originally Posted by forcefed4door
So car wasn't garage kept? C'mon you shouldn't be allowed to own this car of your gonna store it outside haha. Good luck with sale regardless.
Eh it seems the previous owner maybe didn't. I've had it in a garage since I've owned it. Living in the midwest provides far more reasons to garage it, other than UV discoloration. The recent snowstorms are proof haha.