W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brown Engine Oil, White Smoke From Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
none yet
Brown Engine Oil, White Smoke From Exhaust...

I noticed recently that at red lights and while idling that an unusual amount of white smoke was being emitted from my exhaust...I checked my coolant this morning and it was a little lower than it should've been, but I am not getting any warnings on the display for low coolant...I had my valve cover gaskets done recently...while those were being replaced wouldn't the mechanic have noticed an issue with the gasket or am I wrong? What's the first step of action here? Get a compression test? Surely this is a head gasket issue?

Man this car is really burning a hole through my pockets...

appreciate the help
Old 10-10-2018, 11:44 AM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
if its milky brown oil and tail pipe smoke....blown headgasket or something is causing coolant to mix with your oil.

don't drive your car...don't run your engine. tow your car to the shop for diagnosis ASAP.

http://www.techenomics.net/tech-blog.../water-in-oil/

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com

Last edited by hachiroku; 10-10-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2018, 12:30 PM

none yet
Originally Posted by hachiroku
if its milky brown oil and tail pipe smoke....blown headgasket or something is causing coolant to mix with your oil.

don't drive your car...don't run your engine. tow your car to the shop for diagnosis ASAP.

http://www.techenomics.net/tech-blog.../water-in-oil/
Any chance this could be an issue with injectors or valve seals? When I put the car in drive and am moving there is no smoke, there is only smoke when the car is idling
Old 10-10-2018, 12:46 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
  • if injectors your oil will smell like gasoline and your oil will become thinner due to gasoline in your oil.
  • if leaky valve seal, your oil would look normal, but you could have smoke from the exhaust in certain situations. (idle or lift off/snap closed throttle)
if your PCV system is bad you'll possibly have smoke out of your tail pipe. small amounts of oil will burn white to white with a blueish tint. large amounts of oil will burn bluish white out the tail pipe. inspection of spark plugs could assist with evaluation of leaky valve seal. PCV might be the issue you have as the W211 chassis is pretty old by now.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
Old 10-10-2018, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 255 Likes on 233 Posts
2001 E320 Wagon, 2006 LBZ Silverado, 2007 E63 (sold), 2001 E55 (sold)
Does this happen all the time or only when the car is cold?
Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 PM

none yet
Originally Posted by Strigoi
Does this happen all the time or only when the car is cold?
Unfortunately it happens when the car is warmed up too, so I’m confident that its not a condensation issue...

Car is in the shop right now. Will update with what mechanic says tomorrow
Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 AM

none yet
Wow...just received word from my mechanic that the car is fine, they let it idle for 10 minutes, took it for a drive, did some accelerations and were unable to replicate the white smoke problem...very strange. They also mentioned that my oil looks fine and is a normal colour...I think it’s time to get a second opinion.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts
C300 sport 2008
Originally Posted by failboat
Wow...just received word from my mechanic that the car is fine, they let it idle for 10 minutes, took it for a drive, did some accelerations and were unable to replicate the white smoke problem...very strange. They also mentioned that my oil looks fine and is a normal colour...I think it’s time to get a second opinion.
“did some accelerations” ... next thing you see on YouTube, e55 trapped 12.5 @ 120