Sponsored by:

Huntington Beach tuner?.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 AMG--1999 E55 AMG--2007 ACURA MDX--E-GLIDE Electric Skateboard
Huntington Beach tuner?.

Hello. Can anyone recommend a tuner near Huntington Beach? My E55 is stock and the SC bearing just blew out.... Ininstalled a new pulley and need to find a good tuner in HB. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Old 11-13-2018, 01:20 PM
SPONSOR

Received 797 Likes on 570 Posts
2007 Mercedes E63 AMG
there are quite a few...OETuning is in HB...they only offer tuning services...Benzworks is in Costa Mesa...and there are i think 2-3 other established Mercedes hop up shops in the area.

​​​Follow us on instagram @eightysixtuned
https://www.eightysixtuned.com
The following users liked this post:
Jaybejay (11-13-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 01:34 PM

Received 74 Likes on 66 Posts
2006 E55
JBJ,

I'm in the HB area, I stopped by Benzwerks (HB) and the guy try to sell me two s/c shims for $40. Needless to say, I'm not coming back! There's Chris at Star Motor Werks in Costa Mesa. BUT.....

I get my tune from RaceIQ, give Tony a call or email him for your tune needs. Great guy, veteran and he remote accessed my laptop setting me up for my E55 tune and then some....and free re-tune as well, I'm on my third retune; first tune was last month.

PM me as needed...

"If you need immediate attention or sales and assistance please contact our sales team via email at sales@raceiqperformance.us or call 833-2RACEIQ ext. 103 for sales."
The following 2 users liked this post by MSG 55G:
Jaybejay (11-13-2018), shardul (11-14-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 01:45 PM

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
2004 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Jaybejay
Hello. Can anyone recommend a tuner near Huntington Beach? My E55 is stock and the SC bearing just blew out.... Ininstalled a new pulley and need to find a good tuner in HB. Any advice would be great. Thank you.
Chris at Star Motor Werks in Costa Mesa is a Race IQ dealer. He can get you what you're requesting. Or contact Tony directly same thing.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/star-motor-...s-costa-mesa-5
Jaybejay (11-13-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 03:42 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
ez-go
Cant recommend avoiding Benzworks enough. Can they produce good cars? Certainly. However my experience was unpleasant with benzworks. He (serge) took months to complete simple tasks on my car, charged me for parts I gave him to use (wheels and tires I had delivered to his shop he added $800 to as a mark up claiming he needed to make money on parts too), he delivered the car to my parents claiming my new 550 injectors were in it (they weren't) and he ****s on other shops in order to sell what he's selling. Example: my brother hit a 2X4 on the freeway and it made flat spots on my wheels. He went to a wheel shop to try and have them fixed but it didn't work. Cars with flat spots vibrate when driven.

Im like hey Serge, take a ride with me and tell me if you feel vibration from the wheels and ask him if I need new wheels. We circle the block and he's like yep, seen this a hundred times. Its your Eurocharge tune bro. They are terrible. You need to let me retune it. Who knows how much worse it will get. Definitely get that software off this car.

New tires and wheels went on the car and I guess Eurocharge tune stopped misbehaving. Shocked. I was shocked.

So in addition to the above, Eurocharge sent me corrections for the 550 injectors in the tune and I gave it to serge to update the ECU. He was like no way man ill never use their software. They suck.

This put me in a quagmire. I have new injectors, Serge is the indy I employed to install them, but he won't correct the ECU with software I already have (he wants me to pay him for his software instead) which means the factory injectors need to stay in so I can do it myself later. Fine serge, fine.

So I get the car from my parents, no 550 injectors in the car.

Im like yo Serge wheres my injectors. He's like, I put them in a box in the car. Im like, they're not in a box in the car. He's like, sure they are. Round robin, he said/she said, there was nowhere to go with this. I was living in Italy (military guy here) and my 85 year old grandfather took possession of the car in my stead. He didn't know what to look for.

So, whatever. I really cant recommend not going to Serge enough.

He's probably a good guy to go to if you are a specific type of customer. And I think that customer is as follows. You buy all parts from him. You don't have any other company's parts or software or you are happy to throw them out and buy new as he tells you. You accept everything he says as facts.

If thats you, you may have a good experience with Serge.

But if you question his years of experience by trying to tell him no dude, I think its the tires cause my brother hit a 2x4, his attitude on you and your car may sour.

I know he reads the forums here with disdain. At least 10 times in our conversations he points out how stupid car forums are and that I should trust his wisdom. So when he reads that im sharing my experience through this forum to help other make an informed decision to not do business with him I will take a little joy in the irony that my post may persuade others to avoid him.

And if you read this Serge, suck it man. You suck.
shardul (11-14-2018)
Old 11-14-2018, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 293 Likes on 242 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
Chris at Starmotorwerks is the best.

Stay away that the other place mentioned multiple times in this thread. Scam artist.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:39 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
W210, W164, W220, W222
Another vote for Chris at Star Motor Werks and Tony at Race IQ, very pleasant professional people to do business with in tuning my S55 with good results!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CLS 55 AMG E500 99 ML320
Been hearing similar stories about this Serge character for years and years. How does someone like that stay in business? Yikes!
Old 11-19-2018, 02:41 PM
SPONSOR

Received 131 Likes on 115 Posts
OE Tuning C63 AMG
Originally Posted by hachiroku
there are quite a few...OETuning is in HB...they only offer tuning services...Benzworks is in Costa Mesa...and there are i think 2-3 other established Mercedes hop up shops in the area.
We have moved location to Santa Ana and are no longer affiliated in anyway with Benzworks.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e55 AMG Wagon
Thumbs up

Go See Chris at

Starmotorwerks

949-903-5434