Sponsored by:

Some more M5 info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Come on now. I am completely unbiased and I cant stand BMW's break OR stearing feeling. Both are completely overboosted, and there is no positive feedback. After getting used to MB, i love it a lot more. If anything, its better than BMW! WHo knows what the M5 will have in store, im sure it will be jacked up with all the new electronic stearing compononents. Even my friends X5, breaks were overboosted. Just like a ford expedition.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Brav
Come on now. I am completely unbiased and I cant stand BMW's break OR stearing feeling. Both are completely overboosted, and there is no positive feedback. After getting used to MB, i love it a lot more. If anything, its better than BMW! WHo knows what the M5 will have in store, im sure it will be jacked up with all the new electronic stearing compononents. Even my friends X5, breaks were overboosted. Just like a ford expedition.
Dont you miss ur previous m3 SMG?

Give us some positive comments about the m3!
Old 08-06-2004, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Yea, it was a great car (aside from my tranny blowing up, and waiting for 6 weeks for a new one to be built). I had a lot of rattles that really never quite got fixed. But you're damn right it was a fun car. I sold it because I didnt fit. I hated my head/hair hitting the headliner all the time. And with the 19's it was a rough ride. Never had time to really race it, or drive fast, 95% of the time, after working 10 hours or more a day, I just wish I had a more comfortable practical car, hence the E. I found the seats uncomfortable, but most people liked them. For a 6 banger, that engine perfoms. Although high strung, and now grunt down low, it really is a quick car if driven right. I would buy one again as a 2nd car, and/or if there was more room. Navi is better in the BMW. MB has the worst by far.

Id say anyone who bought an SMG car, 99% would do it again. I would. Most people that dont OWN one just dont understand what it is or how it works. People think its the same as triptronic.. the 19's on this car are by far the most beautiful OEM wheels ive come across.. Engine sound is awesome, exhaust sound sucks.

At the end of the day, I'll still take the MB. Better usefull value.
Old 08-06-2004, 02:51 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Brav
what??? this is a joke right? Other than old E39's recirculating ***** steering boos is lousy. The M3's brake and steering is not overboosted by any means. MB's steering/brake response is better than M3???

none of the W211 steering/brake response can touch the M3. And it was never designed to be to begin with.

M3 with 19' could be a little rough riding. But is not to a point its intolerable. Although I would not recommend long drive in it.

M5 will not have AFS. BMW already stated as such. Kind makes you wonder the beneft of AFS. Although I drove 545i with AFS many times, I really do not think it as awkward as the W211 steering response is.

As far as SMG goes, I am that 1% that do not want to go back to SMG if there is a choice to be had. I am actually in love with Audi's DSG right now. Far more superior in execution than SMG.

I might get a M5 plus a RS6 instead of 2 M5. I drove a TT with DSG the other day, man I was impressed with the DSG. If RS6 gets Gallardo's V10, I am sold on the RS6. Although, some one needs to tell Audi to shorten the grill because it looks like a fish.
Old 08-06-2004, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Originally Posted by Kain
FU.CK YOU BIT.CH.

YES I have a permit and FU.CKING YES I can drive a manual.
But you can't afford your own car. Have to go crying to mommy and daddy to buy you one.

Oh and you still can't read LMFAO.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
Did you say brake feel?? HAHAHA! The E-Class has NO brake/pedal feel at all. It's like pushing down on a pillow.
This coming from a kid who can't even reach the brake pedal. That's just great.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:06 AM

CLK320
Sick Of Kain

IM SO SICK OF KAIN.

IMA LAY THE LAW DOWN WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.

BMWs and Benzes are similar yet different cars. Everyone in this f**king forum who owns an MB can no dobut afford the CHEAPER BMW, and have probably test drove it or looked at it extensively before making a decision between the two.

The people on this forum chose MB cause it works for them. You chose BMW cause it works for you. Go be constructive on e46fanatics.com, where people actually might appreciate you.

BMW is a great car too, but to tell you the truth this is a constructive community of owners who own MBs, most of who spent more money on their car than a comparable BMW, and did so for a reason!

So in all in all, I think I speak for alot of us when I say we dont really give a f*ck what you have to say anymore.

Last edited by 3199cc; 08-07-2004 at 02:09 AM.
Old 08-07-2004, 02:35 PM

2003 E320
Good News

Hopefully this will end soon....
I was told, there will be first M5 delivered to NJ in Sep. Good news is my mate has authority to take this car for a spin - guess what??? I'm gonna take my camera and make some evidence - two pure stock big boys!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait to post this thing on board......... :v
Old 08-07-2004, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
Did you say brake feel?? HAHAHA! The E-Class has NO brake/pedal feel at all. It's like pushing down on a pillow.
Kain,

My experience is from cars I've owned, your experience is from your Uncle picking you up from daycare. My W210 had great brakes, and the W211's pedal feel is even better, very smooth and predictable. My M3 has incredible brakes as well, but for you to say that the E55 has the brake/pedal feel of pushing down on a pillow demonstrates yet again you have yet to graduate from 6th grade.

Quit posting assinine, unbased opinions, and maybe people will respect what you have to say.

-m
'04 E46 M3 (current)
'95 E36 M3 (for only a few days)
'02 E39 M5 (for a weekend)
'02 W210 E55 (gone)
'03 W211 E55 (searching)
Old 08-09-2004, 12:59 AM

2002 MB E55 AMG
Kain? Well if you read his profile he is nearly 20 years old and lists his occupation as:

"High School Student"

That kinda says it all, doesn't it?

TJC
Old 08-09-2004, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 3199cc
Very good point. I guess Mercedes is the car to own, BMW is the car to lease.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I guess you think the Enzo isn't sporty either?
Kain, this is exactly what I was talking about, you come in here claiming you don't intend to flame but look where u end up now, your initial post was about the M5, the BANGLE 5 and you're on about the ENZO

I have been following your posts so I know, wheres your M5?
Old 08-09-2004, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

once again, ur making an utter tit out of urself (as usual in ur other threads in here)

DID YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T INTEND TO FLAME?

ur abusing other Benz members with your beloved M5 that only exists in Bimmer showrooms, not ur garage.

Last edited by Jon200; 08-09-2004 at 02:35 AM.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by 3199cc
IM SO SICK OF KAIN.

IMA LAY THE LAW DOWN WITH YOU RIGHT NOW.

BMWs and Benzes are similar yet different cars. Everyone in this f**king forum who owns an MB can no dobut afford the CHEAPER BMW, and have probably test drove it or looked at it extensively before making a decision between the two.

The people on this forum chose MB cause it works for them. You chose BMW cause it works for you. Go be constructive on e46fanatics.com, where people actually might appreciate you.

BMW is a great car too, but to tell you the truth this is a constructive community of owners who own MBs, most of who spent more money on their car than a comparable BMW, and did so for a reason!

So in all in all, I think I speak for alot of us when I say we dont really give a f*ck what you have to say anymore.
agree

Bimmers are great cars, it's people like Kain who gives the name a bad image.

Kain = plastic bimmer fan
Old 08-10-2004, 12:29 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by Jon200
DID YOU SAY YOU DIDN'T INTEND TO FLAME?
YES I DID. But did I start it? NO. YOU FLAME ME, I FLAME BACK. SIMPLE.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:49 PM

'08 SL65
Looks like a cross of a Kabuki and a mud shark. If that's what a "king" looks like... El Paso. F'ugly to the bone.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:49 PM

2004 E55 tectite grey/charcoal
The King Returns

When did a Pontiac become the King?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
YES I DID. But did I start it? NO. YOU FLAME ME, I FLAME BACK. SIMPLE.
STFU you little nigglet. We all know your intentions. What did you think, that we're all a bunch of kids with low IQs similar to yours?