Sponsored by:

My 10.2" screen install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 12:58 PM

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
2004 E55
My 10.2" screen install

Hey All as per request, here's a little something on my 10.2" screen with Android 10. I have had a few different Android units over the years. Android 5 up to Android 10 now. I have used Avin (great product), Ownice (semi decent), and now this Dasaita unit. I did a lot of reading online for this unit and the company, they seem to be pretty good. This is a standard 2 din unit with the screen attached to a mount. It's basically a tablet. I freaking love the size, it's crisp, and multi-touch is nice. So far the company provides all updates via xda developers forum, which is pretty cool. The screen is rotatable to portrait and it swivels.

On to pics.

Purdy box

Video of it powering on and going through some screens.

Customized it a bit, easier on the bench then playing around in the car...

Can bus module that I used to regain control of the steering wheel buttons

Don't mind my mess, I installed this at the same time I fix my HVAC box assembly.

The mount

What it looks like behind the screen with the double din setup installed. I am thinking about pushing the unit back another .5 inch to allow the screen to sit close to the dash.

Getting Torque setup

This is how it looks currently, yes I have AFR recording via obd to Torque. That is a whole other write up on it's own.

A video of the system recognizing reverse and switching, yes I have a 360 camera system setup. I MIGHT have pics of that install somewhere.

Another one showing the steering wheel buttons working

Tada! That's pretty much all I have for now. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Here are links to parts that I used.

Dasaita unit -
Amazon Amazon
Screen protector -
Amazon Amazon
Can bus module -
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
hachiroku (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 05:37 PM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
@builtbyfood Interesting, but your pics have not come through. The three vids did, but not the pics. Thanks
Old 11-05-2020, 06:28 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by machild
@builtbyfood Interesting, but your pics have not come through. The three vids did, but not the pics. Thanks

Thanks, I'll take a look.
Old 11-05-2020, 06:32 PM

2004 E55

All set now!
Old 11-05-2020, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
I know nothing about this system so can you data log on the torque app and what is involved in making it work ?
The following users liked this post:
l pagan (11-05-2020)
Old 11-05-2020, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 IWC
Can you post pics of the dash once it’s all put back together... wondering what kind of access is available to all he analog buttons on the dash
Old 11-05-2020, 11:33 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by SICAMG
I know nothing about this system so can you data log on the torque app and what is involved in making it work ?
Yes, you can datalog with torque. I'm using an elm327 based adapter. Torque picks up some very useful sensors from the stock ecu. The only downfall is the limitation on the old ecu. You can at least see timing, iat, boost.

Originally Posted by jm6001
Can you post pics of the dash once it’s all put back together... wondering what kind of access is available to all he analog buttons on the dash
The height of the screen is adjustable. I'll see about the pics.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 307 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
And as far as play back can it be done live on the screen or must be down loaded to computer.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:07 AM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by SICAMG
And as far as play back can it be done live on the screen or must be down loaded to computer.

The last pic is showing data live.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:12 PM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by builtbyfood
All set now!
How does this system integrate with the OE COMAND system? Is COMAND retained or does this completely replace it including the amps and such?
Old 11-06-2020, 12:54 PM

2004 E55
How does this system integrate with the OE COMAND system? Is COMAND retained or does this completely replace it including the amps and such?
I am using a MOST device that has a 5m fiber cable that is directly connected to the factory amp. All other factory fiber connections have a loop installed. Navi, cd changer, all of it is coded out. The cd door is controlled via switch as it required communication with the AMP to and UCP to open.
Old 11-06-2020, 03:43 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by jm6001

Old 11-08-2020, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
2004 E55
I am using a MOST device that has a 5m fiber cable that is directly connected to the factory amp. All other factory fiber connections have a loop installed. Navi, cd changer, all of it is coded out. The cd door is controlled via switch as it required communication with the AMP to and UCP to open.
The timing of this is perfect for me, I'm currently trying to install an Avin unit and I'm getting no sound from my MOST fiber optic adaptor box right behind the head unit.

Was your original unit a Harmon Kardon Comand? Did you have just the 1-2 connections behind it (fiber optic and power/ground)?

Can you post a link to which fiber optic cable you used to connect to the stock amp?
I'm trying to reuse the stock amp, and using this box behind the head unit but am getting no sound no matter what I try.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:02 PM

2004 E55
Originally Posted by bobgodd
The timing of this is perfect for me, I'm currently trying to install an Avin unit and I'm getting no sound from my MOST fiber optic adaptor box right behind the head unit.

Was your original unit a Harmon Kardon Comand? Did you have just the 1-2 connections behind it (fiber optic and power/ground)?

Can you post a link to which fiber optic cable you used to connect to the stock amp?
I'm trying to reuse the stock amp, and using this box behind the head unit but am getting no sound no matter what I try.

If you are using AVIN, check out this cable from them: https://avinusa.com/most-fiber-optic...ers-cable.html

I suggest you get star or someone with star to take out the components that are not in use anymore.

I have the harmon system. NTG1.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
If you are using AVIN, check out this cable from them: https://avinusa.com/most-fiber-optic...ers-cable.html

I suggest you get star or someone with star to take out the components that are not in use anymore.

I have the harmon system. NTG1.
So you had to use this cable in conjunction with the MOST fiber decoder box?
Old 11-08-2020, 09:30 PM

2004 E55
So you had to use this cable in conjunction with the MOST fiber decoder box?

Correct, Android unit rca goes out TO the MOST. Most FIBER is connected directly to the AGW via the 5m fiber cable. Everything else in the "old" fiber ring can be removed and a loop used for each device removed, comand, navi, cd changer, etc. All of them should be coded out as well. AGW will get the sound directly from the MOST and not need to see "comand".
Old 11-08-2020, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Correct, Android unit rca goes out TO the MOST. Most FIBER is connected directly to the AGW via the 5m fiber cable. Everything else in the "old" fiber ring can be removed and a loop used for each device removed, comand, navi, cd changer, etc. All of them should be coded out as well. AGW will get the sound directly from the MOST and not need to see "comand".
Thanks a lot for the help. So if you take the fiber output of the MOST decoder box, and send it straight to the audio gateway via the 5 meter cable, what do you do with the fiber that originally went onto the command, loop it out?

I'm still a bit confused, I just don't understand why that should be necessary... There's already fiber running back to the gateway via the original ring. In my case I have nothing else taken out, CD changer is still installed. If I plug the command NTG1 back in, everything immediately works. I'm starting to think maybe my decoder box could be DOA.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:36 PM

2004 E55
Thanks a lot for the help. So if you take the fiber output of the MOST decoder box, and send it straight to the audio gateway via the 5 meter cable, what do you do with the fiber that originally went onto the command, loop it out?

I'm still a bit confused, I just don't understand why that should be necessary... There's already fiber running back to the gateway via the original ring. In my case I have nothing else taken out, CD changer is still installed. If I plug the command NTG1 back in, everything immediately works. I'm starting to think maybe my decoder box could be DOA.

Yes, loop out every device that is removed.

Because the system does not see the MOST as a device in the fiber ring. It would be considered broken and nothing but faults come up in star.