Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tire pressure monitor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tire pressure monitor

o.k.,I know there are many complaints about the tpm in the past and here's mine:
there is a notice in the window saying to reset the tpm after driving a few miles. I press the reset and the windo comes up asking if I want it on or off and then I click on and it says tire pressure reset. I then push reset as it says in the manual and swith the no to a yes and get a notice saying please reset tire pressure. I have done this this afternoon about ten times and still it is asking me to reset the pressure.Anyone else?
Old 09-01-2004, 12:48 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Originally Posted by tendons
o.k.,I know there are many complaints about the tpm in the past and here's mine:
there is a notice in the window saying to reset the tpm after driving a few miles. I press the reset and the windo comes up asking if I want it on or off and then I click on and it says tire pressure reset. I then push reset as it says in the manual and swith the no to a yes and get a notice saying please reset tire pressure. I have done this this afternoon about ten times and still it is asking me to reset the pressure.Anyone else?
I'm getting aftermarket wheels and I opted not to have TPM on them...I just rather not deal with it.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:44 PM

one of seven
just press the reset 'once' and after 10 to 20 minutes of driving it will resume working.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
Yes, you must wait quite a bit, not a few minutes like it says on the display. I thought mine was malfunctioning but it only needed more time before it gave a reading.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:51 PM

tpm

thanks for all replies. I never got a chance to wait because I kept following directions. Something else happened to the steering wheel auto-up feature and in the garage I went into settings and then to convenience and found the setting for the steering wheel and the seat adjustment, but I couldn't get it off the off box.So, after fifteen minutes of pushing up and down arrows I just got out of the window and lo, the steering wheel raised up and even lower , the tpm came on with the correct readings.
I have no good idea what I did, but everything is working now. I think the reset button is something I should stay away from.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:25 AM

tpm, I love you

a pparently I have said some not so flattering statements about the tpm, but let me say that one morning after starting the car there was a little warning to check the tpm and there was a five pound discrepancy in a tire which had a nail firmly embeded in it. It's the reason I got the tpm, so that I wouldn't have to change a flat again. Well, someone else does it, but much better than I.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:34 AM

MB E55 2004
Originally Posted by tendons
a pparently I have said some not so flattering statements about the tpm, but let me say that one morning after starting the car there was a little warning to check the tpm and there was a five pound discrepancy in a tire which had a nail firmly embeded in it. It's the reason I got the tpm, so that I wouldn't have to change a flat again. Well, someone else does it, but much better than I.
And if you are going at high speeds it can save you of a crash as it will warn you and you will then slow down to check.

Regards,
Manuel
Old 09-07-2004, 04:39 AM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
ZipCar NYC / Boston
Yes the TPM definitely saved my rim when the tire was quickly deflating and the TPM warned me immediately to stop!!! AHHHHH =)
Old 09-07-2004, 02:54 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Hated the tpm initially due to the fact that it limits the choices of after market wheels. Now, I don't think I'll buy another car without a tpm!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:15 AM

2005 Brilliant Silver E55
Hmmm, I think I will tell them to install TPM on the HREs now...E55 POWER brough up a GREAT point...thanks!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
ZipCar NYC / Boston
wow primarily which wheels were you limited to? how about the whole AMG collection of wheels? just curious...
Old 09-08-2004, 02:36 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Originally Posted by onpaws
wow primarily which wheels were you limited to? how about the whole AMG collection of wheels? just curious...

if you want to keep the factory tpm, then you are limited to amg wheels. At least this is what I was told about a year ago.