Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 11:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
E55 AMG W211
Under hood tanks for E55 and CLS55

Originally Posted by Tylerhayles
and what is that??
everyone writes that the cooling system with a tank quickly cools the system. but this comes from a large amount of liquid. because it heats up longer. this tank is relevant only for a dino stand, filling it with ice. or for competitions. using ice. and when driving around the city, this tank only does harm. so I connected the pipes inside this tank so as not to have a large volume of liquid when driving around the city. and when I go to For competition, I disconnect the tubes inside the tank and use a large volume of water and ice.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:32 AM

E55 AMG W211
conclusion

when driving intensively around the city, after the liquid heats up, we will not be able to accelerate in the car for a long time until a large amount of water in the tank cools down. I know this because I experimented everything myself.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:37 AM

E55 AMG W211
own revision

I have invented a method that allows you to have a tank like this and still use it in city driving without the disadvantages that I wrote about earlier. And I can also use it in competitions using ice.
Old 12-11-2021, 02:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sl55 amg 2002
Originally Posted by Alex e55
I have invented a method that allows you to have a tank like this and still use it in city driving without the disadvantages that I wrote about earlier. And I can also use it in competitions using ice.
Hmm okay mate fair enough il take that into account
Old 12-11-2021, 03:47 PM

E55 AMG W211
Tank

the point is that you get tired of waiting for a large amount of liquid to cool down so that you can again accelerate powerfully.
Old 12-11-2021, 03:53 PM

E55 AMG W211
Tank

but there is a method that allows you to have this tank under the hood and at the same time not wait for a long time until a large amount of liquid has cooled down. you just need to loop the inlet and outlet from the tank inside the tank with a tee and drill a hole in the tee so that pressure does not build up in the system. show a good result of the race, then you must disconnect the ring of the tubes so that the liquid mixes with the liquid of the tank and at the same time put ice there
Old 12-11-2021, 03:54 PM

Sl55 amg 2002
the point is that you get tired of waiting for a large amount of liquid to cool down so that you can again accelerate powerfully.
so basically for motor way driving its fine but for city driving the the car struggles to keep the water cool
Old 12-11-2021, 03:58 PM

E55 AMG W211
Tank

I made the tank myself, taking into account the shortcomings of a vrp tank. my tank has a greater manufacturability than a tank from vrp
Old 12-11-2021, 04:02 PM

E55 AMG W211
Tank

so basically for motor way driving its fine but for city driving the the car struggles to keep the water cool
yes, if you drive on highways, the water will have time to cool down, but in the city this is a completely different situation. the car is not blown through and a lot of water will not be able to cool down in time
Old 12-11-2021, 04:02 PM

Sl55 amg 2002
I made the tank myself, taking into account the shortcomings of a vrp tank. my tank has a greater manufacturability than a tank from vrp
did you have a picture of youre set up? Or how you have connected the hoses in tank
Old 12-11-2021, 04:10 PM

E55 AMG W211
Tank

did you have a picture of youre set up? Or how you have connected the hoses in tank
yes there is. only I do not understand how to send it on this forum
Old 12-11-2021, 06:07 PM

Sl55 amg 2002
yes there is. only I do not understand how to send it on this forum
you can click the attachment button above where you type a message and add a photo
Old 12-12-2021, 06:05 AM

E55 AMG W211
Tank

[QUOTE = Tylerhayles; 8471933] вы можете нажать на кнопку вложения выше , где вы вводите сообщение и добавить фото [/ QUOTE]
in the tee there should be outlets both from the bottom and from the top. the third thin entrance to the tank is a return flow. and it goes through a thin black radiator and then in a cooled form it meets in a tee with two thick pipes inlet and outlet

Old 12-13-2021, 10:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 392 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
Mostly nonsense being shared here... The custom tank he's showing doesn't have a pickup tube, Yes, If you're sitting in the city the water would heat up, except you're not engaging the supercharger. I dont think Alex has ever tested the tank, looks like hes just assuming. Our lower outlet with the tube to the back of the tank is exactly what's needed. His idea is impractical and messy, If you want to cut off the fluid circulation then ad a valve to the system. Hes asking you to reach into the tank and disconnect the line of course after stopping on the side of the road and popping the hood? really pretty bizarre, basically hes saying turn your tank into a split cooling by cutting off most of the circulation supply... Yeah, don't do that. Absolute nonsense. If you're driving around the city on your way to a competition and want the fluid to cool down buy a $5 bag of ice at a gas station,. Which you should be doing for a competition regardless. or take a couple highway laps so the fluid can circulate through the heat exchanger. We have sold hundreds of these tanks and they have proven to be the best cooling upgrade you can do (any tank) after a high speed high pressure cooling pump. Good for him for making his own tank, But there's nothing wrong with the existing design.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:05 PM

E55 AMG W211
Hi

I am not telling nonsense. and I tested a tank with a connection inside and without a connection inside the tank. The experiment showed that when driving around the city it is necessary that the tank fluid does not participate in the circulation. Because a lot of liquid cools down for a long time. This is obvious on a clear day!

Last edited by Alex e55; 12-13-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Ошибка
Old 12-13-2021, 01:15 PM

E55 AMG W211
I greet you. as far as I understand, you did not understand the meaning of my design at all! my design is universal compared to yours. and you are mistaken when you say that the compressor does not turn on in the city. the compressor turns on. because this machine rules to press the pedal and it doesn’t matter where are you in the city or on the highway. and I tested the tank with the temperature sensors that I have installed. and the experiment showed that when a lot of liquid heats up in the tank and the entire system, so that it cools down, it takes a long time to drive in the heat so that the car can effectively accelerate again .it is physics - a lot of water heats up for a long time and also cools down for a long time. and you want to prove to me the opposite. your tank for city driving has a drawback. and my homemade tank is universal. when driving around the city, the volume of liquid in the tank does not participate in the circulation. in other words a smaller amount of water participates in the circulation, which means it cools down faster. This is what the city needs to cool down faster. And I achieved this very simply - I'm an outcast I made a tank in which you can connect the supply and return inside when necessary. and when necessary, I disconnect one hose from the tee with the fingers of one hand - and that's it! now the circulation goes through the tank. and you can go to the races taking ice with you. so you they concluded early on about my custom tank, my friend. Better think about how to make your tank universal.!

Last edited by Alex e55; 12-13-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Ощибка
Old 12-13-2021, 01:29 PM

E55 AMG W211
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Mostly nonsense being shared here... The custom tank he's showing doesn't have a pickup tube, Yes, If you're sitting in the city the water would heat up, except you're not engaging the supercharger. I dont think Alex has ever tested the tank, looks like hes just assuming. Our lower outlet with the tube to the back of the tank is exactly what's needed. His idea is impractical and messy, If you want to cut off the fluid circulation then ad a valve to the system. Hes asking you to reach into the tank and disconnect the line of course after stopping on the side of the road and popping the hood? really pretty bizarre, basically hes saying turn your tank into a split cooling by cutting off most of the circulation supply... Yeah, don't do that. Absolute nonsense. If you're driving around the city on your way to a competition and want the fluid to cool down buy a $5 bag of ice at a gas station,. Which you should be doing for a competition regardless. or take a couple highway laps so the fluid can circulate through the heat exchanger. We have sold hundreds of these tanks and they have proven to be the best cooling upgrade you can do (any tank) after a high speed high pressure cooling pump. Good for him for making his own tank, But there's nothing wrong with the existing design.
your tank buyers will thank you very much if your tank becomes universal. I declare this as a user of this system and I know exactly what I am talking about.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:34 PM

E55 AMG W211
give your customers the opportunity to make their own choice - how much water they want to drive around the city with today - and how much water they want to race using ice.
Old 12-13-2021, 01:53 PM

Sl55 amg 2002
Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
Whats the main idea of the pick up tube thats on the outlet ? Whats does it help with or prevent from happening ? I did wonder this,
also when it comes to ice and the tank
do you drop single pieces of ice cube in the tank?
or wack the whole bag in and leave it sealed? Then when its all gone to water just remove the bag? Whats the situation iv been wondering
thanks bud
Old 12-13-2021, 03:20 PM

E55 AMG W211

The following users liked this post:
Tylerhayles (12-13-2021)