Tired of Replacing OEM Engine Mounts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2023, 04:10 PM
SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Tired of Replacing OEM Engine Mounts?

Our Elimivibe™ polyurethane engine mounts parallel OEM vibration levels while still providing stiff mounting of the engine. Creative Steel manufactures every aspect of the engine mounts minus raw materials, hardware, and anodize.

For more information or to purchase: 03-06 Mercedes E55 AMG (ELIMIVIBE™) Engine Mounts 07-09 Mercedes E63 AMG (ELIMIVIBE™) Engine Mounts

Old 02-10-2023, 02:38 PM

Received 122 Likes on 91 Posts
W211 E63 AMG
my set of these just arrived today to put in use instead of the previous version. will support the brand and amazing products by creative steel by continuing to be a loyal customer!
Old 02-12-2023, 10:27 AM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by eightysixtuned
my set of these just arrived today to put in use instead of the previous version. will support the brand and amazing products by creative steel by continuing to be a loyal customer!
Thank you for your support in helping us grow. Let us know what you think of the Elimivibe engine mounts by leaving a review on them.
Old 03-21-2023, 10:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 216 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Does the factory engine mount heat shield fit over these mounts?

Old 03-22-2023, 12:14 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by tlambert
Does the factory engine mount heat shield fit over these mounts?
The silicone heat shield will fit over the Elimivibes however we don't suggest it. We only recommend re-using the metal heat shield.

The reason why is for that silicone heat shield to work properly it must have air space between it and the engine mounts. The Elimivibes are a little larger diameter and the silicone heat shield touches them. Also the Elimivibes are designed in a way that the housing acts as a heat shield.
Old 03-22-2023, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Ah yes. I was asking about the metal heat shields but didn’t think about the silicone ones.

Sounds good thanks For the info.

Few more questions for you.

I bought these for a CLK55 drag car project we have. When I purchased them the Elimivibes were not out yet.

https://creative-steel.com/shop/merc...engine-mounts/

Will the ones listed in the link be the better choice for the drag car than the Elimivibes that you have now?

Also would it be a good idea to use the silicone covers and the metal heat shields over them?

Old 03-22-2023, 03:59 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by tlambert
Ah yes. I was asking about the metal heat shields but didn’t think about the silicone ones.

Sounds good thanks For the info.

Few more questions for you.

I bought these for a CLK55 drag car project we have. When I purchased them the Elimivibes were not out yet.

https://creative-steel.com/shop/merc...engine-mounts/

Will the ones listed in the link be the better choice for the drag car than the Elimivibes that you have now?

Also would it be a good idea to use the silicone covers and the metal heat shields over them?
Either mount will work great. The Elimivibes are better at isolating vibration but since you said drag car I would just use the mounts you have.

The silicone covers wont fit either style of our mounts but be sure to use the metal shields. The metal shields go on top of the engine mount bracket and the silicone goes under the engine mount bracket.

Old 03-22-2023, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Yeah not worried about vibrations in the CLK55

Thanks for the info.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:51 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2007 e63 estate, 1998 ITB golf, ITE scirocco (sold to a collector in Japan)
these look nice and i love the idea of no fluid. are you using PU foam? PU foam has a pretty interesting stress/strain curve whereas solid PU is kind of linear.
also, someone asked if they should keep the Al heat shield in their car. if you hadn't anodized these things black, there would be no reason to have another layer of Al in there. that heat shield is a radiation shield. convection is not really important as conduction, a conduction barrier of a metal is useless. before claiming so many great things, you guys should get your engineering facts together. finally, i tried to look up your patent filing. i couldn't fine anything. care to let us know what is your provisional patent?
Old 03-27-2023, 01:09 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Originally Posted by sciroccor
these look nice and i love the idea of no fluid. are you using PU foam? PU foam has a pretty interesting stress/strain curve whereas solid PU is kind of linear.
also, someone asked if they should keep the Al heat shield in their car. if you hadn't anodized these things black, there would be no reason to have another layer of Al in there. that heat shield is a radiation shield. convection is not really important as conduction, a conduction barrier of a metal is useless. before claiming so many great things, you guys should get your engineering facts together. finally, i tried to look up your patent filing. i couldn't fine anything. care to let us know what is your provisional patent?
Engineering Facts? You asked if we use PU foam...

We do not use PU foam. It has no place in any drivetrain/suspension components but makes a decent mattress. The OEM heat shield is made of steel and should be retained as an added radiation shield from the exhaust. You are correct that convection is not as "important" as conduction, because when you are driving under hood temps go down. But the OEM heat shield isn't reused to stop thermal conduction, especially since it bolts to the top of the engine mount bracket and never comes into contact with the engine mount. I am not sure what anodize, or black anodize specifically, has to do with anything related to heat shielding, we do not anodize our products because of the lower thermal conductivity, but it is a bonus.

Our patent number will be laser engraved on the engine mounts when we receive it.

Last edited by Creative Steel; 03-27-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:26 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2007 e63 estate, 1998 ITB golf, ITE scirocco (sold to a collector in Japan)
creativ Steel;8748010]Engineering Facts? You asked if we use PU foam...
(Hi. I don't really mean to be rude. But, you guys cannot claim all of this stuff without answering questions that challenge your legitimacy as engineers. your quote that all PUs aren't the same and that you provide progressive damping isn't backed up by science or engineering (show me a solid PU that's not linear!). PU as cast is quite linear. If your claims are real, provide evidence. So far, you've shown that you don't understand basic heat transfer. Put your money where your mouth is. Show how you provide progressive damping (high marks for not writing "dampening!!!") in some sort of test. )
We do not use PU foam. It has no place in any drivetrain/suspension components but makes a decent mattress.
(Foams do not, necessarily, have low rates of elasticity (Young's modulus). PU foam can be of extremely high density. And while being slightly lower than solid PU, it can have non-linear stress/strain curves.)
The OEM heat shield is made of steel and should be retained as an added radiation shield from the exhaust. (Steel has a really bad emissivity; heat transfer through radiation is proportional to emissivity and temperature to the fourth power. when things get glowing, radiation is far more important than conduction.) You are correct that convection is not as "important" as conduction, because when you are driving under hood temps go down. But the OEM heat shield isn't reused to stop thermal conduction, especially since it bolts to the top of the engine mount bracket and never comes into contact with the engine mount. I am not sure what anodize, or black anodize specifically, has to do with anything related to heat shielding, we do not anodize our products because of the lower thermal conductivity, but it is a bonus. (anodization is a surface treatment. on anything of substance, it has no effect whatsoever on bulk conduction. emissivity as pointed out above is super important to radiation heat transfer. steel, for example has an emissivity around 0.5. black anodized Al is around 0.85 whereas clear anodized is around 0.15. so, do the math. the worst thing you can do that is sitting close to an exhaust manifold is make it black. the images on your website for an e63 w211 show black engine mounts. they've been anodized. clearly, a black anodized mount will absorb 5.7X more heat than the clear anodized one. conduction makes no difference here, at all.)
as far as the patent, why don't you give a provisional patent number?

Our patent number will be laser engraved on the engine mounts when we receive it.

Old 03-28-2023, 06:34 PM
SPONSOR

AMG's, CTS-V's, SRT's
Sciroccor,

I am unsure what we are trying to solve here? Are you trying to say that our engine mounts don't do what we say they will or are you arguing that the terminology we use is incorrect? We can go round and round on what you assume about our engine mounts and throw all the physic's theories and principals around but at the end of the day the Elimivibe engine mounts do exactly what we intended and say they do.

If you think we have no idea what we are doing that's fine and it is really as simple as not buying our product. If you are trying to justify buying our product or justify if we know what we are doing, feel free to ask others or look at the reviews we have for the last 15+ years. And by all means don't just look at our Mercedes reviews, look at the many other vehicle platforms we offer parts for and see what they have to say.

View this post on Instagram
- Here is only one of the many

The following users liked this post:
nd-photo.nl (03-29-2023)