Car won't start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
Car won't start

Well, here's the latest. Get in the car and in bright red (those who went to an AMG challenge will know what i'm talking about) instrument cluster reads BRAKE- "Reduced Breaking effect - start engine" or something to that effect. I turned the key and just a click with all the check engine lights on. In the "normal" cluster color something about "battery protection"... Just tried it again and the same thing, only when I turn the key no battery comment. I was away from last Sunday to this Thursday. Drove it hard Thursday and Friday, nothing yesterday. This car is starting to **** me off. Since the VP at my dealer has been offering a new car for the stalling issue, this might be the last straw. I've been hesitant to do that since I've spent some money on upgrades. Renntech, V1 install, steering wheel (yeah, I know I can swap that), etc.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:36 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts
What does the Renntech stage one involve?
Old 10-24-2004, 06:05 PM

Dead battery, happened to me at 7k miles. Was an interior light switch left on. Made the same warnings
Old 10-24-2004, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by RJC
What does the Renntech stage one involve?
ECU, pulley, and K&N filters
Old 10-24-2004, 09:50 PM

2005 E55 AMG
The dealer has had a standing offer to replace your car due to it's historic stalling problems. You have demurred, despite the fact that problems continue and the fact that you have invested a fair amount in aftermarket mods.

The value of the car itself far outweighs the value of the mods. If the car continues to be intermittently undriveable, the value of the mods becomes problematic.

Take the dealer up on their offer now and salvage what mods you can. Just my $0.02. FWIW, I just negotiated a new car exchange with the dealer after one of their lot porters hit my '05 E55 AMG while it was in for service.

Last edited by Beowulf; 10-25-2004 at 06:17 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:50 PM
RJC
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 260 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by cte430
ECU, pulley, and K&N filters
I'm amazed that the dealer is even willing to do anything considering the enginge control unit was replaced/altered/modified.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by RJC
I'm amazed that the dealer is even willing to do anything considering the enginge control unit was replaced/altered/modified.
They don't know about the mods. The stalling problems have happened before the mods were done, so like others experiencing the same thing I know it's the car.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by Beowulf
The dealer has had a standing offer to replace your car due to it's historic stalling problems. You have demurred, despite the fact that problems continue and the fact that you have invested a fair amount in aftermarket mods.

The value of the car itself far outweighs the value of the mods. If the car continues to be intermittently undriveable, the value of the mods becomes problematic.

Take the dealer up on their offer now and salvage what mods you can. Just my $0.02. FWIW, I just negotiated a new car exchange with the dealer after one of their lot porters hit my '05 E55 AMG while it was in for service.
I know the value of the car far outweighs the value of the mods. I guess since my dealer is willing to work with me I don't have a high sense of urgency to do something. I'm sure If I was fighting my dealer i'd be singing a different tune. Besides, maybe the crank sensor will fix this and then I can use this for a "future favor"!!