W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-29-2004, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Improviz
Let's see how the attacks started from your first post:

And then, you follow that little gem up with this:

So, in your first post to me, you basically accuse me of poor reading comprehension, lousy reasoning skills, telling half truths ( = lie by your definition)...and you have the gall to complain about personal attacks??

Can you say pot/kettle?

Here is my response. Not one personal attack against you, i.e. I ignored the ones listed above...but in your second response you pressed on with more of them:

So, that's two posts in a row with personal attacks against me, not one leveled against you...and then you whine like a baby when I respond in kind. Can you say "hypocrite"?

Words cannot express the sense of disappointment I feel at having to wait until tomorrow to be dazzled once again by your towering intellect.

I believe I did both...I presented reasoned responses to your "arguments", and in response to your continous unprovoked personal attacks against me, counterpunched.

Welcome to the Internet. If you can't stand the heat, don't start brushfires.

Lol, so what level were you stooping to when you insulted my intelligence and my integrity in your very first post to me, then insulted me again in your second? And now you inject high-school level insults and profanity into the mix.

And fwiw, I believe my reasoning holds up to scrutiny one helluvalot better than anything you've presented thus far.

[NOTE: the above quotes were from mb10175's post before he edited it...]
I edited my post within 5-10 minutes of posting after rereading your responce. Do you wait for someone to reply by hitting refresh a billion times after you post something? Go drive your benz. I will reply tomorrow, as previously stated I have better things to do than pick apart every argument you make. Tomorrow, I probably wont.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:14 AM

I do agree, however, that a true 600 hp M5 should definitely outrun a 500 hp E55! But it seems that, at least judging by the trap speed, this one was a bit short of 600 hp.
I missed that you said this. Thank You.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
No....

Originally Posted by mb10175
I edited my post within 5-10 minutes of posting after rereading your responce. Do you wait for someone to reply by hitting refresh a billion times after you post something?
No, I have automated email responses selected in my preferences, and they work pretty well.

Go drive your benz. I will reply tomorrow, as previously stated I have better things to do than pick apart every argument you make. Tomorrow, I probably wont.
This assumes you can pick any of my arguments apart, which you have so far failed to do. And be forewarned: I do have a threshhold when it becomes apparant that someone is arguing simply for the sake of arguing, and you're already approaching it with this tangential little sub-thread.

The thread is about apk1013's claim that he could beat a stock CL55 AMG and actually getting him to show his face at Moroso, not about the performance of supercharged M5's, and I'm not inclined to waste much time arguing with you over an point.

The irrefutable fact is that whatever the *possible* performance of a supercharged M5 *might* be, the one Car & Driver actually *tested* could not match the 0-60 or 1/4 mile times they acheived in a bone stock E55 or those obtained by Motor Trend in a bone stock CL55.

And anyway, apk1013's M5 isn't supercharged, and by his own admission certainly wasn't when he claimed to have beaten the CL55 AMG.
Old 11-29-2004, 02:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
You're welcome...

....btw, what was that you were saying about "reading carefully"?

I missed that you said this. Thank You.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:43 AM

....btw, what was that you were saying about "reading carefully"?
I will refute your arguments tomorrow... which is actually today (12:43 am). I am realizing that this is going to go on forever though.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:34 PM

2003 BMW M5
You are calling me bogus while you claim to beat M5's with your 2001 CLK55!! You are the crazy one, not me. A monkey driving an M5 will smoke your car. You still haven't responded to the fact that a stock M5 ran 12.8. I am a modded M5. You have no idea what I have done to my car because I haven't posted that for a while now. 12.8 to 12.4 for the CL is pretty close, and a great launch will cover that, so my story is very plausible in every sense. I want you to respond to this, and you haven't done so. Forget the tests for one moment, I am giving you a real life example of a stock M5 running a 12.8. Line this up against the generous test of 12.4 for the CL, and this can be a close race, especially if the one driver is superior. This can also be a close race if the one car is modded and the other car is on 20's. Please respond to this and stop all of your nonsense. (Stock M5 ran 12.8 to CL55 12.4) Mine is not stock. This makes for a great race and not the blowout you describe. Magazines mean nothing, this is real life I am telling you about!
Old 11-29-2004, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
APK1013, if you can run a 12.8 in your M5....

....then why not show up and meet SGC and/or Dr. Chill at Moroso and prove it?????

Stop wasting our time, and show up. You keep talking, but for some reason, you keep avoiding the "real world" of Moroso and instead insist on repeated ruses and diversions to try and mask this fact. Talk is cheap!

I repeat: when are you going to Moroso??
Old 11-29-2004, 02:56 PM

2003 BMW M5
....then why not show up and meet SGC and/or Dr. Chill at Moroso and prove it?????

Stop wasting our time, and show up. You keep talking, but for some reason, you keep avoiding the "real world" of Moroso and instead insist on repeated ruses and diversions to try and mask this fact. Talk is cheap!

I repeat: when are you going to Moroso??
I am gonna go to the track but I have exams all week for school. I didn't go last week because of a problem that I told SGC about. The only thing about the track is that I am most likely not going to put up times that equate to my car's potential right off the bat because I have never gone to the track before. I am going to have to get used to it then put up times that equate to my car's actual performance. I think this is understandable.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Is wagering allowed on the outcome?
Old 11-29-2004, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
The guy in the CL55 may have had a bad supercharger pump or intake manifold like Ealanore did. That right there will cause your car to loose about 40 or more hp.
Old 11-29-2004, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
These cars aren't that complicated to run down a track. The traction control and automatic make our cars easy to run down the 1/4 mile. I also own a Viper GTS and I bet I could beat my Viper vs. my E55 because the Viper is a much harder car to run down the track, it's just that simple.

With an M5, it won't be hard to run down the track 3-5 times and get the hang of it quickly. I think 12.4 for the CL55 isn't that generous, I would imagine that they would run very low 12's (ie. 12.1, 12.2 or so) with an almost decent drive behind the wheel, correct tire pressure and good launch.
Old 11-29-2004, 04:16 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
These cars aren't that complicated to run down a track. The traction control and automatic make our cars easy to run down the 1/4 mile. I also own a Viper GTS and I bet I could beat my Viper vs. my E55 because the Viper is a much harder car to run down the track, it's just that simple.

With an M5, it won't be hard to run down the track 3-5 times and get the hang of it quickly. I think 12.4 for the CL55 isn't that generous, I would imagine that they would run very low 12's (ie. 12.1, 12.2 or so) with an almost decent drive behind the wheel, correct tire pressure and good launch.
You can't keep the traction control on in the M5 when driving hard. When you attempt to hit second hard, the brake control steps in and prevents any tire spin. It is as if the car literally slams on its breaks. You have to just time it perfectly. It is so easy to just wheel hop or get that dreaded bog when launching the M5.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
APK1013, you seem to have misunderstood my question:

I did not ask you "When are you *not* going to the track?"; I asked you "When *are* you going to the track?"

And from all of your talk, it seems that you felt very confident that you *were* "putting up times that equate to your car's actual performance"; otherwise, why were you citing the supposedly stock 12.8 second run by an M5 if you weren't capable of meeting it??

Excuses, excuses...all we get are excuses!! First you were like "those AMG wimps won't show up", then when they did you were like "oh, I can't go now, I'll go next week", and now it's next week and you're saying "I have exams this week" (I guess they just scheduled them today, given that you didn't seem to know about them last week when you promised to go this week), and I'll go when I get good enough".

Excuses, excuses!

Originally Posted by APK1013
I am gonna go to the track but I have exams all week for school. I didn't go last week because of a problem that I told SGC about. The only thing about the track is that I am most likely not going to put up times that equate to my car's potential right off the bat because I have never gone to the track before. I am going to have to get used to it then put up times that equate to my car's actual performance. I think this is understandable.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:01 PM

Mercedes-Benz A170 CDI
I have to say its not unusual in the States to see young kids driving big cars. This is the story so far.....

You post a controversial kill on the M5board, die-hard M fans support you, those with brains opt out...

Improviz sees you story, calls you a liar....

You go on the defensive and make "chicken*****" as Improviz put it comments, such as AMG's are boats and driven by old losers and the like....

Improviz takes you apart....word by word, link by link, your credibility in 3 pages of thead at M5board is reduced to no more than that of Bangle explaining his theory of flame-surfacing...

You register at Mbworld and completely use a more adult theme in your posts to convince us you ar a mature, intelligent person and ty to restore your credibility.

Improviz takes you apart again, he even sets up races with AMG'ers and yourself, you decline/accept/decline/accept/make excuses....

Improviz takes you apart.... and will keep doing so until you stop!

My advice: don't post for more than a month and sleep this one off

Our resident prosecutor is hot on your trail....
Old 11-29-2004, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
Originally Posted by Bilal
I have to say its not unusual in the States to see young kids driving big cars. This is the story so far.....

You post a controversial kill on the M5board, die-hard M fans support you, those with brains opt out...

You go on the defensive and make "chicken*****" as Improviz put it comments, such as AMG's are boats and driven by old losers and the like....

Improviz takes you apart....word by word, link by link, your credibility in 3 pages of thead at M5board is reduced to no more than that of Bangle explaining his theory of flame-surfacing...

You register at Mbworld and completely use a more adult theme in your posts to convince us you ar a mature, intelligent person and ty to restore your credibility.

Improviz takes you apart again, he even sets up races with AMG'ers and yourself, you decline/accept/decline/accept/make excuses....

That is some funny **** Bilal.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:50 PM

2003 BMW M5

I will go to the track when I get the chance. I am still in school trying to finish up with my exams, and then I will be at the track with SGC even though he does not have the car that I claim to beat. I still think it is funny that not one CL55 wants an "easy kill" like myself. I saw a few today without seeing one E55. I will go to the track, but all I am saying is that I need a couple practice runs to get a feel of things. The other thing that I am saying is the E55 is low 12's while the CL is mid 12's. To put this story completely to rest, I need a CL to compare to. If you can't supply that, we have to go by times. Is there one CL within 100 miles of me that wants to go? We can do it on the street or on the track. I will be wherever I have to be to go head to head with the car I claimed to beat.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:28 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
I will go to the track when I get the chance. I am still in school trying to finish up with my exams, and then I will be at the track with SGC even though he does not have the car that I claim to beat. I still think it is funny that not one CL55 wants an "easy kill" like myself. I saw a few today without seeing one E55. I will go to the track, but all I am saying is that I need a couple practice runs to get a feel of things. The other thing that I am saying is the E55 is low 12's while the CL is mid 12's. To put this story completely to rest, I need a CL to compare to. If you can't supply that, we have to go by times. Is there one CL within 100 miles of me that wants to go? We can do it on the street or on the track. I will be wherever I have to be to go head to head with the car I claimed to beat.
With all due respect, Give it up! It would be prudent for you to take Bilal's advice, if you wish to regain some credibility on this board.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:50 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by MrAMG
With all due respect, Give it up! It would be prudent for you to take Bilal's advice, if you wish to regain some credibility on this board.
You give it up. I know what happened. A stock M5 ran 12.8, and I am not stock. A good launch will run very close to a CL55 or even beat it, I hate to tell you. Just because the CL55 is the twice the price, doesn't mean anything!!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 09:05 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
You give it up. I know what happened. A stock M5 ran 12.8, and I am not stock. A good launch will run very close to a CL55 or even beat it, I hate to tell you. Just because the CL55 is the twice the price, doesn't mean anything!!!!
don't you think using the best time EVER posted for an m5's 1/4 mile is being unreasonable? We have had many many members post times in the 12.0x to 12.2x range bone stock but we all still say the w211 E55 is a 12.4 - 12.6 car

the stock m5 is a low 13's car plain and simple. Not to mention that you, yourself said you have no track exp, therefore no practiced launch exp, this would exclude you from getting the same time and the one guy who has it down to a science (over a 1000 1/4's run, he said! great post with that link, I enjoyed the read).

Like I said before:

1. Anything can happen on the street, and only you were there.
2. A stock CL / S / SL / E AMG will annihilate a stock M5 on any straight line performance measurement, it will merely thrash a lightly modded one
Old 11-29-2004, 10:25 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by DRCrowder
don't you think using the best time EVER posted for an m5's 1/4 mile is being unreasonable? We have had many many members post times in the 12.0x to 12.2x range bone stock but we all still say the w211 E55 is a 12.4 - 12.6 car

the stock m5 is a low 13's car plain and simple. Not to mention that you, yourself said you have no track exp, therefore no practiced launch exp, this would exclude you from getting the same time and the one guy who has it down to a science (over a 1000 1/4's run, he said! great post with that link, I enjoyed the read).

Like I said before:

1. Anything can happen on the street, and only you were there.
2. A stock CL / S / SL / E AMG will annihilate a stock M5 on any straight line performance measurement, it will merely thrash a lightly modded one
I am not stock. Nobody knows what I have done to my car, so you can't call me a liar if you didn't see the race and if you don't know my mods. Plain and simple. Thanks for at least being understanding. Most of you have been!!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:12 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
I am not stock. Nobody knows what I have done to my car, so you can't call me a liar if you didn't see the race and if you don't know my mods. Plain and simple. Thanks for at least being understanding. Most of you have been!!
On the M5Board you said: "For now I have the Active Intake, Borla Exhaust, temperature relocator, and a chip."

Read my post again, I'm not calling anyone a liar, I am however, saying that you're acting your age again but I guess that's ok since it is your age....
Old 11-29-2004, 11:54 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by DRCrowder
On the M5Board you said: "For now I have the Active Intake, Borla Exhaust, temperature relocator, and a chip."

Read my post again, I'm not calling anyone a liar, I am however, saying that you're acting your age again but I guess that's ok since it is your age....
That was a few weeks ago!!
Old 11-30-2004, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
APK1013, you can't have it both ways.

On one hand, you are pointing to a man with (by his own admission) over 1,000 runs at a dragstrip running 12.8 in a (supposedly) bone stock M5 (although he did admit that his fronts were pumped up to 50psi, which *will* lower one's times), and imply that because *he* supposedly did this, it is perfectly credible for *you* to do it.

On the other hand, you are adding to your ever-expanding litany of excuses with the latest: "I've never been to a track, and so I won't hit these times!" (in addition to the usual yadda yadda ya, whine, whine, whine, dodge, dodge, evade, excuses, excuses excuses, the dog ate my homework, I have exams this week that I didn't know about last week, etc..)

So, you say that you have such incredible driving/launching skills that you beat a CL55 AMG...but cannot be expected to have these driving skills with you when you arrive at the track. Apparently, they only show up on special occasions...like when no one else is around, eh? You crack me up, dude.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Talking Hehee, thanks, Bilal!!

The kid is fun...it's a weakness of mine!

(snip)
Old 11-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 996TT,2004 996 C2,2005 C230K
The Kid is a kid...It's just a little sad when he enters a Man Club and starts acting with ala honda civic/rice attitude...It just happened that he was/is in his mama'sM5

Regards,

Serg

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??