W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Know anyone that works for Chrysler...could get 12.5% off sticker!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 10:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Know anyone that works for Chrysler...could get 12.5% off sticker!!

Thanks a 90,000 pretty loaded E55 for 78,5 gentlemen....

Now if I waited for a minivan salesman to get in his car, then offer him a grand in cash to get me the discount...........oh sorry....thinking out loud again

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...0778398.htm?1c
Old 01-31-2005, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
Please copy & paste the article, I cannot read it because I am not a member (nor do I want to be).
Old 01-31-2005, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 e55 come march24 05
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
I cannot read it because I am not a member (nor do I want to be).
Me too...
Old 01-31-2005, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Neither am I...they must have closed the link on me....those jerks....

Lemme see if I can find another link..hang on.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
Got it...guess it's just family, but still..WOW.

AUBURN HILLS - They design, build and sell all-American cars and trucks, but now Chrysler employees in the United States can score big discounts for family members on German-engineered Mercedes-Benz vehicles.

DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler Group has extended and expanded its employee discount program through 2005. Chrysler employees and up to six family members are now eligible to buy or lease a Mercedes-Benz vehicle at 12.25 percent below sticker price.

Previously, the discounts were available to two immediate family members. "It helps us try to sell a few more cars," Chrysler Group spokesman Kevin McCormick said. "Employees are always proud to help out a friend or family member."

Mercedes is a DaimlerChrysler family member that could use some help.

While Mercedes-Benz's U.S. sales edged up 1.3 percent in 2004, the brand's once-vaunted reputation has been tarnished a bit over the past few years.

And General Motors Corp.'s Cadillac division surpassed Mercedes-Benz last year to become the third best-selling luxury brand behind Lexus and BMW.

"Quality is down, perception is down, image is down," said Art Spinella, president of CNW Marketing Research Inc., a Bandon, Ore., a company that monitors consumer behavior and vehicle sales trends.

Once looked at as the weaker half of the corporate marriage that combined the German and American automakers, Chrysler now is strutting its stuff as the only U.S. automaker to improve U.S. market share in 2004. Spinella said the wider availability of discounts on Mercedes vehicles is ironic.

"This could be a case where Chrysler saves Mercedes," he said.

The enhanced discounts on Mercedes models could also become a sore point for the United Auto Workers. In the past, the union has openly boycotted foreign-made vehicles to protect U.S. factory jobs.

In 2002, UAW members lobbied Ford employees to stop buying foreign-built cars, including models sold by Volvo and Jaguar, which Ford owns.

Employees interviewed last week were split over whether it was a good idea to offer discounted Mercedes vehicles to Chrysler employees, retirees and family members.

"That just shows you what (Chrysler executives) think of our products," said Guy Neroni, an inspector at Chrysler's Warren stamping plant. "You also see a lot of Ford execs driving around in Jags."

When asked if he would take advantage of the deal, Neroni said he recently bought a Chevrolet Corvette, a product of crosstown rival General Motors Corp.

Herb Helbig, an engineer for the Chrysler Group's street and racing technology division, said he has no plans to buy a Mercedes but doesn't think it would be disloyal. "We're all on the same team," he said.

One of them might be Mike Donoughe, vice president of engineering for the body-on-frame team. He once worked on Mercedes vehicle programs and would consider taking advantage of the deal to own one.

"More choices would always be of interest to me," said Donoughe.

"I would have no great compelling reason to drive a Mercedes. I'm a Dodge guy," said Helbig, adding that he thinks there will be plenty of takers.

Jason Vines, Chrysler's vice president of communications, joked he would still drive a Chrysler vehicle because he gets one for free, but "I hope that within the next year, I have a Mercedes-Benz in my garage my wife will drive."
Old 01-31-2005, 11:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Interesting...

I have gotten the discount on the Mercedes-Benz before (2003 CLK320) but they say it's not offered on AMG vehicles. Have any of you heard different?

EDIT: My Grandfather is an DC retiree.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
They say it's been expanded so who knows..if they have a clue...they had better.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

07 M6, 05 Noble, 01 S4, Smart ForTwo
Geeze, you can nearly get 20% off on an E320 just by walking onto a showroom.. jokes on the employees..
Old 02-01-2005, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Actually this program gets you the percentage discount plus the buyer gets all the incentives as well, dealer and/or public. Therefore your comment about a 20% walkin discount may still cost you more than the employee discount will. :p
Old 02-01-2005, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Actually, invoice price is 7% off of MSRP, so this is a pretty good deal. It is a little more than 5% off dealer invoice. And as amdeutsch has said, they would still get any incentives as well. No one gets 20% off unless it is a model with a very heavy incentive, last years leftover demo, or used. So I don't think it is a "joke" at all.