W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there anyway to limit the ride height via airmatic/star diagnose?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MBenz
Is there anyway to limit the ride height via airmatic/star diagnose?

i like the looks when the car is low. but the car has his own mind and likes going up and down... so is there anyway to limit the ride height? e.g. i want the car to have 1" gap maximum and can't go any higher.

i don't want to modify anything.. i remembered somebody here posted that dealer can do this via stardiagnose or something?? how much will it cost me? will it void warranty?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
It can be done via Star Diagnostics.. If you can find a dealer willing to do the programming for you, just ask them to optimize the car with the ROW suspension settings.

It requires a good 3 or 4 hours to complete because they have to completely recalibrate the Airmatic Suspension and perform a 4 wheel alignment.

I tried to get my dealer to do it, but they wouldnt. They said they are not allowed to change the settings that are required for North American cars. It affects the crash safety regulations.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 wheels
Hey vrus, thats a total lie. Its just that they probably dont want to do it. I had my car lowered via Star Diagnostics and the ride height is excellent now. It did take them a while since they performed a 4 wheel alignment and made sure everything was within specs. I cant remember how much the total drop was but it changed the way the car looked entirely.

Last edited by MB Fanatic; 02-15-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Banned

yea vrus YOU ARE A GO***MN LIAR!!! or not, my dealer pussed out too.
Old 02-15-2005, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by vrus
It can be done via Star Diagnostics.. If you can find a dealer willing to do the programming for you, just ask them to optimize the car with the ROW suspension settings.

It requires a good 3 or 4 hours to complete because they have to completely recalibrate the Airmatic Suspension and perform a 4 wheel alignment.

I tried to get my dealer to do it, but they wouldnt. They said they are not allowed to change the settings that are required for North American cars. It affects the crash safety regulations.
"Rest of world" vs. "US-spec" is not a setting that can be done with Star Diagnosis. The control module needs to be replaced with the correct unit because of differences in the operation of the unit (not just static ride height).

Star Diagnosis can change the static ride height though.

-s-
Old 02-15-2005, 08:22 PM

MBenz
vrus, how much will it cost to lower via stardiagnose?
Old 02-16-2005, 10:58 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by lpolo
vrus, how much will it cost to lower via stardiagnose?
My dealer charges $110/hr and based on what I heard, it is a 4 hr job, so I would budget $500 to get it done.

The trick is to find a dealer which is willing to perform the work.

A person I know in the dealership I deal with told me that I should approach a dealer which is an independent (one that isnt owned by MB corporate). They would be more willing to do the work. So, I am trying to make friends with an independent dealer in the hopes of getting this done.
Old 02-17-2005, 04:15 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
A guy I supposed to order the DPE wheels from told me Mercedes Benz dealer in Long Beach (Signal Hill area) can adjust the ride height. I'm still trying to get more info, anyone know exactly where this dealer is so I can call?
Old 02-18-2005, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215 CL600
I'm going to be installing the lowering links that I purchased through the help of Peter B on Monday. I will post pics when the job has been completed. I thought about used the Star at my MB dealership, but this was cheaper and my shop knows what they're doing (as opposed to my MB dealership).
Old 02-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Banned

2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by MBAMGPWR
I'm going to be installing the lowering links that I purchased through the help of Peter B on Monday. I will post pics when the job has been completed. I thought about used the Star at my MB dealership, but this was cheaper and my shop knows what they're doing (as opposed to my MB dealership).
I got the info from Peter as well.. I was going to order them also, but I am a little worried about how it will affect the car. When you install those, and you decide on how much lower you want it, keep in mind that as the car gets up to speed, it will automatically go 0.4" lower. In other words, if you decide to setup the links to prove 1" of drop, the car will automatically drop it an additional 0.4" when you are on the highway.

I am not sure what the safe limits are and that's what worries me. I have heard of people blowing their airmatic suspension (in general, not with these links). With the electronic modules, they stop the car from lowering any further when driving on the highway.