E63 Jerky Transmission Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
Question

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get this fixed via a eurocharged remap or transmission upgrade?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E63 S Hyacinth Red with Designo Ivory interior/ 2015 GLE63S Cavansite Blue
My 2014 E63S has the same jerkiness but seemed more severe in odd random occasions.

For example, I will be at traffic lights stationary waiting. Lights turn green, and as I stepped on accelerator as per normal, the car will move forward slightly and then a rather violent 'bang-like sensation' and silence. I would describe this very moment as a sudden violent jerking forward of the car as if the transmission was 'cut off' or at neutral or even seemingly that engine felt switched off but in reality, it was not. And then I would struggle hastily to step on accelerator (with a puzzled car behind me wondering I was not taking off) further to no avail for a 1-2 seconds, before the gear engages, and car drives off. Happened a few times and I could not reproduce this sequence in any way I know of.

At other times, the car came be jerky but I didn't mind it as long as it does not give me a shock of my life with this violent jerk whereby I felt as if I was thrown forward from my seat.

It happens about 7-8 times since owning this for 9 months - averaging once a month.

Brought in to MB service, did a 'thorough' check, and had an electronic printout of the diagnostic tests which I saw and came back as 'nothing.' Before this car, I own a W204 C63 with mild jerky trans at low gears, but never like this. I just live with it for now as I don't think I can find another contender with such a great ride. With the new 2015 C63S coming in close to as a possible contender, I still like the luxury and space of the E. Perhaps the next generation of E - I hope it won't turn to look like a medium sized S - that would be such a bummer.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 AMG E63
Originally Posted by Quarks
My 2014 E63S has the same jerkiness but seemed more severe in odd random occasions.

For example, I will be at traffic lights stationary waiting. Lights turn green, and as I stepped on accelerator as per normal, the car will move forward slightly and then a rather violent 'bang-like sensation' and silence. I would describe this very moment as a sudden violent jerking forward of the car as if the transmission was 'cut off' or at neutral or even seemingly that engine felt switched off but in reality, it was not. And then I would struggle hastily to step on accelerator (with a puzzled car behind me wondering I was not taking off) further to no avail for a 1-2 seconds, before the gear engages, and car drives off. Happened a few times and I could not reproduce this sequence in any way I know of.

At other times, the car came be jerky but I didn't mind it as long as it does not give me a shock of my life with this violent jerk whereby I felt as if I was thrown forward from my seat.

It happens about 7-8 times since owning this for 9 months - averaging once a month.

Brought in to MB service, did a 'thorough' check, and had an electronic printout of the diagnostic tests which I saw and came back as 'nothing.' Before this car, I own a W204 C63 with mild jerky trans at low gears, but never like this. I just live with it for now as I don't think I can find another contender with such a great ride. With the new 2015 C63S coming in close to as a possible contender, I still like the luxury and space of the E. Perhaps the next generation of E - I hope it won't turn to look like a medium sized S - that would be such a bummer.
I guess I'm lucky, mine seems to work fine, its not the smoothest transmission, but appears to go when I need it to. As for the luxury and space of the E,I wish they made smaller luxury cars. I really don't need all the space and would have bought a C63 had it come with the same luxury features.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,425 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Quarks

I've had this happen once within 200 miles on the odo, but now at 3300 miles I've not had that happen since....

The pro's of this car are soooo much more than the cons... Otherwise I couldn't tolerate a mediocre car with this transmission
Old 10-12-2016, 02:12 PM

E63
does someone find special damage ?
i have E63 2010
i noticed jerky pulse shifting, i think that's oil level and engine/transmission mounts problem. ill try change
is it right to do this ?
Old 10-13-2016, 11:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 C32 AMG...W221 S63...SOLD...W212 E63 CURRENT
Originally Posted by bisko
does someone find special damage ?
i have E63 2010
i noticed jerky pulse shifting, i think that's oil level and engine/transmission mounts problem. ill try change
is it right to do this ?
Leave it alone most of us have the same issue
It's common on mtc
Old 10-14-2016, 11:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
2014 E63S Steel Grey/Beige Nappa, Lexus GX470, Honda Accord
Yep, normal. Took my car in a couple weeks ago for 'jerky' tranny. All their tests came back normal.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 C32 AMG...W221 S63...SOLD...W212 E63 CURRENT
Originally Posted by EddieK
Yep, normal. Took my car in a couple weeks ago for 'jerky' tranny. All their tests came back normal.
It really gets annoying sometimes
Old 09-21-2017, 06:01 AM

2017 E63s AMG 2016 GLE 63s
anyone experience the same issue?

Hi guys i have a 2014 W212 E63 sAMG 57,000kms
i have recently realised that when I'm on full throttle load in S+ or M my gear box jerks when it shifts gears from 2nd - 3rd sometimes 3rd - 4th, and i get a slight jerk when i shift from Drive - Reverse and vice versa whilst stationary. I have not had the car for that long and the only change from standard i have done to it is secondary catalytic removal. I also have a 2013 c63 P31 with the MCT gearbox and its shifts are extremely smooth. is it normal for these cars to behave like this or is there something that could be wrong? i was thinking possible gearbox mounts?
Old 09-21-2017, 03:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,044 Likes on 1,425 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by Senna.28
Hi guys i have a 2014 W212 E63 sAMG 57,000kms
i have recently realised that when I'm on full throttle load in S+ or M my gear box jerks when it shifts gears from 2nd - 3rd sometimes 3rd - 4th, and i get a slight jerk when i shift from Drive - Reverse and vice versa whilst stationary. I have not had the car for that long and the only change from standard i have done to it is secondary catalytic removal. I also have a 2013 c63 P31 with the MCT gearbox and its shifts are extremely smooth. is it normal for these cars to behave like this or is there something that could be wrong? i was thinking possible gearbox mounts?
your first move should be a tcu reset
Old 12-03-2017, 05:26 AM

2017 E63s AMG 2016 GLE 63s
2014 E63s AMG

Hey guys anyone have an update on this? Today i was in McDonalds drive thru and went to take off and the whole car cut out as if the MCT Tripped over itself and threw the gear out of position. i ts very unusual as i know the mct gearboxes are generally rough so to speak and im use to it being so but this time it was different, i just hope that it was a one off time through adaptation as i haven't driven the car for a while..... The things we go through for a Big Mac haha, Any one have any experience or suggestions?