2014 E63 4matic AMG customization packages

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c63 coupe
2014 E63 4matic AMG customization packages

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/customiz...n=e63&lang=eng

The AMG night package with the black chrome exhausts looks like a sweet touch!

Hopefully they release the full options and pricing list for the US soon so I can configure and order mine!
Attached Thumbnails 2014 E63 4matic AMG customization packages-e63_nightpkg_4.jpg  
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLS63
Nice find. Grey with night package please!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:05 PM

c63 coupe
Couple questions for those that have experience with this...

I placed a deposit (fully refundable) for preorder on this car so that I get mine in the first shipment, should I expect to pay MSRP?

Has anyone had an experience where they were able to negotiate the price on a premium car like this one within the first few weeks of it being released?

When I spoke to my dealer, he said that I would have to pay MSRP and that they wouldn't negotiate on a new release like this.
Personally, I feel that it all has to do with demand and how popular the car is. Do you guys think that this car will be in high demand when it is released or will there be dealers across the country willing to negotiate to move them?

Old 02-27-2013, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
993, 2014 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by infinite95
...Do you guys think that this car will be in high demand when it is released or will there be dealers across the country willing to negotiate to move them?

I expect high demand: 1) pent-up demand from those wanting an e63 but waiting until the face-lifted model comes out, and 2) expanded customer base since it's now AWD.

I don't know what that means in terms of discounts, I'm just saying demand will be strong.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:36 PM

c63 coupe
Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
I expect high demand: 1) pent-up demand from those wanting an e63 but waiting until the face-lifted model comes out, and 2) expanded customer base since it's now AWD.

I don't know what that means in terms of discounts, I'm just saying demand will be strong.
I think your probably right. Now that you mentioned it, I'm sure people are waiting for this car; even those that are ready to buy right now (like me).

Those living in the northeast who prefer top of the line performance cars haven't been able to entertain buying BMW M and Mercedes AMG models in the past. Now that AMG is making a move to 4matic, I think it will allow them to take back some of the market, primarily from Audi S models.

Even though I dont expect demand to be as high as it was for the M5 F10 (i heard some people payed 10K over MSRP to get first delivery), its probably realistic to assume that demand for this car will be high enough to warrant MSRP pricing for the first few months. I guess I was hoping to hear that someone in the past had been able to work around this and deals are possible.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
expect to pay MSRP for a 2014 car delivered this year . even if US market loves AMGs, it will still be a rare car.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:00 PM

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
2020 E63S4S
Originally Posted by infinite95
Those living in the northeast who prefer top of the line performance cars haven't been able to entertain buying BMW M and Mercedes AMG models in the past. Now that AMG is making a move to 4matic, I think it will allow them to take back some of the market, primarily from Audi S models.
The only model I could see taking some of the market from the Audi S would be a C63 4Matic. Of the S models, the S4 & S5 are the most popular in my area of Long Island. I've seen one S8 around my town and rarely see any S6 driving along the N Shore of Long Island. I don't think people looking at a $90K price point are looking at AWD from an AMG or S model as much as those looking at a C63/S4 price range, hence the S4/S5 being more prevalent on the roads here on Long Island. I am sure that some of the market share may move as you suggest, but the AMG/S models are rare to begin with in the overall luxury car segment. Hope your wait for the '14 E63 is not a long one.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 PM

c63 coupe
Originally Posted by 2 '02 S600
The only model I could see taking some of the market from the Audi S would be a C63 4Matic. Of the S models, the S4 & S5 are the most popular in my area of Long Island. I've seen one S8 around my town and rarely see any S6 driving along the N Shore of Long Island. I don't think people looking at a $90K price point are looking at AWD from an AMG or S model as much as those looking at a C63/S4 price range, hence the S4/S5 being more prevalent on the roads here on Long Island. I am sure that some of the market share may move as you suggest, but the AMG/S models are rare to begin with in the overall luxury car segment. Hope your wait for the '14 E63 is not a long one.
You make a valid point. I do think however with AMG 4matics now in the mix there will be a growing demand for this class of car from places we wouldn't assume. Consider how common it is to see e550/s550 4matic's or 550xdrives, I'm sure a number of drivers of these cars can afford and prefer AMG or M cars but they don't buy them because in the northeast they are just not practical cars to use in the winter months.