Sponsored by:

To those of you w finished garage floors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 11:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2016 G63 AMG
To those of you w finished garage floors

I thought it would be nice to have my garage floor prepped and refinished as well as the "speckled" treatment put down.

Well they finished it today and it looks amazing. However they told me I can walk on it 2 hours after they left and park on it Thursday morning (about 36 hours later).

This sounds good but when I research pretty much anywhere else guys wait 5-7 days before they park on it.

Any of you have experience w this? Is there an effective way to "test" it without driving on it? I would hate to ruin such nice work.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:51 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Ok I think I answered my own question. They used HP spartacote not epoxy hence the fast dry time. Anyone else have this?
Old 08-14-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
I had my floor epoxied and waited a week before I parked on it and then the next 2 weeks they had me put cardboard down where my wheels would end up. No issues.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:43 AM

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
2011 Audi A4, 2014 E63S Wagon, 2020 GLS 580
I have a polyurea floor (no epoxy) and I parked on it within 12 hours and have had no problems for over 2 years. It's super easy to clean, as well. I power wash it once a year and then touch it up once a month with a wet mop or steam cleaner. Looks like new.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:48 AM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLS63
Originally Posted by JJCTHE1
Ok I think I answered my own question. They used HP spartacote not epoxy hence the fast dry time. Anyone else have this?
JC,

Post some pics when you get a chance (I know you've never heard that before ). Our garage floor is painted with the crap gray garage paint and has been slowly coming off for the last couple of years. I have been considering getting some kind of garage floor treatment, either tiles or having the floor stripped and coated.

Would love to get your impression after a few months of use.

X
Old 08-14-2013, 08:39 AM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by 335X-ray
JC,

Post some pics when you get a chance (I know you've never heard that before ). Our garage floor is painted with the crap gray garage paint and has been slowly coming off for the last couple of years. I have been considering getting some kind of garage floor treatment, either tiles or having the floor stripped and coated.

Would love to get your impression after a few months of use.

X
Hi Ray, I just got off the phone with the company, and as I expected I was reading some old articles. I am sure these companies love when you second guess their expertise and rely on a google search! Thats about as good as googling an illness you think you may have and going head to head with the doctor! Ha.

Anyway....this stuff is newer to the market, faster curing/drying and much more durable. I love the way it lays down and looks. Makes the garage so much cleaner looking. I too had the painted floor that peeled up over a few years. My house was built in 2008, I should have taken some before photos it was pretty bad. The problem is we all drive performance cars, that historically have a softer compound tire, I am in Florida where it is hot so its a double whammy - hot, soft compound tire in the Florida heat = paint peel.

Attached are some photos I just took. I love it, from what I read about HP Spartacote, this stuff is fairly bullet proof and trouble free. Only time will tell of course.

I originally wanted a black or a black and white floor which this company offered, however the rep talked me out of it saying you could see a lot of dirt and required more maintenance. Also, the inside of my house is full of earth toned woods, tiles and granite so this color flows well. The exterior of my home is also earth tones. OK I am getting off topic, lol back to AMG!!! This isnt a Home Show! ( :

Joey
Attached Thumbnails To those of you w finished garage floors-img_6291.jpg   To those of you w finished garage floors-img_6292.jpg   To those of you w finished garage floors-img_6293.jpg   To those of you w finished garage floors-img_6294.jpg  
Old 08-14-2013, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63
Your garage came out sweet looking
Old 08-15-2013, 01:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche 911 Turbo S 2014! E63S 14, Audi S8 13, CLS63 12, E550 12, C63 09, all tuned
Yes, there is two types. Here my only picture of floor.
Attached Thumbnails To those of you w finished garage floors-image.jpg  
Old 08-15-2013, 07:14 AM

2016 G63 AMG
very cool!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
Hi Ray, I just got off the phone with the company, and as I expected I was reading some old articles. I am sure these companies love when you second guess their expertise and rely on a google search! Thats about as good as googling an illness you think you may have and going head to head with the doctor! Ha.

Anyway....this stuff is newer to the market, faster curing/drying and much more durable. I love the way it lays down and looks. Makes the garage so much cleaner looking. I too had the painted floor that peeled up over a few years. My house was built in 2008, I should have taken some before photos it was pretty bad. The problem is we all drive performance cars, that historically have a softer compound tire, I am in Florida where it is hot so its a double whammy - hot, soft compound tire in the Florida heat = paint peel.

Attached are some photos I just took. I love it, from what I read about HP Spartacote, this stuff is fairly bullet proof and trouble free. Only time will tell of course.

I originally wanted a black or a black and white floor which this company offered, however the rep talked me out of it saying you could see a lot of dirt and required more maintenance. Also, the inside of my house is full of earth toned woods, tiles and granite so this color flows well. The exterior of my home is also earth tones. OK I am getting off topic, lol back to AMG!!! This isnt a Home Show! ( :

Joey
that looks really nice, is it pricey?

i was thinking of doing the jigsaw puzzle rubber checkered floors but thats pretty nice
Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM

2016 G63 AMG
Originally Posted by vdubpower
that looks really nice, is it pricey?

i was thinking of doing the jigsaw puzzle rubber checkered floors but thats pretty nice
I wanted to do something like that but after seeing this installed elsewhere I changed my mind. The black and white checkers also wouldnt match the inside or outside of my house.

It cost about $2k for everything, there was a LOT of prep work, and most of the cost was in the prep. My floor was pretty screwed up and they had to strip off a lot of crap, patch some cracks and I also had them fill the divider into one slab. I think if you were to get this installed on a fresh slab it would be half. If you did it yourself, you can probably get it all done for $500-700, however I am not a "do it yourselfer", I enjoy relaxing in my free time not getting dirty. (flame suit on).
Old 08-15-2013, 04:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 SL63, 2014 E63S Estate, 1995 300ZX Twin Turbo (gone but not forgotten), 2015 SQ5
When we finished our garage floor, we had them use a lighter color for the step. It makes it more visible as the texture paint can obscure the height change.

Last edited by richardaz; 08-15-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:55 PM

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
2011 Audi A4, 2014 E63S Wagon, 2020 GLS 580
Here's a picture of my finished floor. After two years and two winters of snow and salt, it still looks great.

Last edited by ksalno; 08-15-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:51 PM

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts
2021 GLS63
I wanted to do something like that but after seeing this installed elsewhere I changed my mind. The black and white checkers also wouldnt match the inside or outside of my house.

It cost about $2k for everything, there was a LOT of prep work, and most of the cost was in the prep. My floor was pretty screwed up and they had to strip off a lot of crap, patch some cracks and I also had them fill the divider into one slab. I think if you were to get this installed on a fresh slab it would be half. If you did it yourself, you can probably get it all done for $500-700, however I am not a "do it yourselfer", I enjoy relaxing in my free time not getting dirty. (flame suit on).
No flame suit necessary. I totally agree. Stuff like that is better handled by people who have the right tools (every job is easier with the right tools) and the experience. Price does not seem bad at all for the prep and finish. I will have to look into that product when we build next year.

Pics look great.

X