Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corporate Vehicle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Corporate Vehicle

I am looking to get a CPO 2012 E63, found one with low miles that was never titled and the sales man claims it was a MB USA corporate or executive vehicle. The car is in great shape cosmetically, only some minor scrapping under the front bumper and one minor blemish on the passenger door trim.

As far as options, it has performance package and driver assist amongst other, original MSRP was $106K.

Should I make an offer or run away considering the prior owner or lack thereof.

TIA

--Sebis
Old 09-28-2013, 11:35 PM

Following up on this, can someone please post Manheim prices for 2012 E63. Thank you!
Old 09-28-2013, 11:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GL, E63
Originally Posted by sebis
I am looking to get a CPO 2012 E63, found one with low miles that was never titled and the sales man claims it was a MB USA corporate or executive vehicle. The car is in great shape cosmetically, only some minor scrapping under the front bumper and one minor blemish on the passenger door trim.

As far as options, it has performance package and driver assist amongst other, original MSRP was $106K.

Should I make an offer or run away considering the prior owner or lack thereof.

TIA

--Sebis
it is a demo.
I would not buy a demo AMG. Could be used in those "tracking events"
I guess it should be around the 60-70 range.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
my understanding of executive cars , that they arent considered CPO, but sold as new.
As you said its never titled so they dont give u the CPO extra yr warrenty.

how many miles on it?

i dont think it would be a tracked academy car, i heard all those cars go back to germany for engine research....who knows
Old 09-29-2013, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by vdubpower
my understanding of executive cars , that they arent considered CPO, but sold as new.
As you said its never titled so they dont give u the CPO extra yr warrenty.

how many miles on it?

i dont think it would be a tracked academy car, i heard all those cars go back to germany for engine research....who knows
9600 miles, they are selling it as CPO and asking $79900.... I was thinking about offering 70K max.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

seems reasonable

when do they start the warrenty, the day you buy it?? 4 yrs or 5?

i know with cpo they add one year from the day it was first sold... make sure u get as many as u can i guess
Old 09-29-2013, 11:26 AM

seems reasonable

when do they start the warrenty, the day you buy it?? 4 yrs or 5?

i know with cpo they add one year from the day it was first sold... make sure u get as many as u can i guess
They claim the warranty started 6/2012 even thou was never titled. I thought that sleeping on it will help to make a decision but I was wrong. The car is nice and loaded but not knowing the full history makes me weary.

On top of it they are asking 80K for a 2012 with 10K miles, I wish I could see some current Mainhem data. For this money I would spend a little more and get the 2014 facelift in December when dealers are looking to bust their end of year sales.

Thoughts?

Trending Topics

Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Are there carfax reports on the car
Old 09-29-2013, 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Service records to show u?
Old 09-29-2013, 12:52 PM

Service records to show u?
Carfax is useless, it starts 8/2013 when they bought the car, certified it and put it up for sale. I forgot to ask for service records.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Go with your gut then. Have them repair that front damage. Have them toss in extended warrenty. Get what u can get. Whats the color/ options of the car
Old 09-29-2013, 03:58 PM

Go with your gut then. Have them repair that front damage. Have them toss in extended warrenty. Get what u can get. Whats the color/ options of the car
Silver with black leather, performance package, driver assist, 19" AMG forged wheels, carbon fiber interior trim, carbon fiber trunk lip, parktronic.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Are they asking more for a car with more miles (80K for 10K miles)?--That is strange. From what I have come across, any cars that were never titled would be considered new regardless of the number of miles. But from a buyer's perspective, cars with plenty of miles should not be labeled new. But who cares if the dealer is going to have it CPO'ed, which is more appropriate for this corporate car than calling it new.

You might want to drive it down somewhat from the 79K. Also have them throw in the extended warranty and the repair as vdub had mentioned. IMO, the deal sounds pretty good especially if you can get all that and plan to use the full 7yrs/135K miles of it and trade it in at the end.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hmmm seems the same as my car...except i have the 10 spokes wheels

you should check if it was dealer certified or actually mercedes certified...there is actually a difference..

where are u located/dealer?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
you should check if it was dealer certified or actually mercedes certified...there is actually a difference..
Yes, major difference. You wouldn't be able to get factory ELW unless it is CPO'ed by MB dealer. If it is not MB CPO'ed, I wouldn't want to keep it beyond the 4-years factory warranty period because there is no way to tell how much abuse this car has gotten especially with the chin all scratched up.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by otakki
Yes, major difference. You wouldn't be able to get factory ELW unless it is CPO'ed by MB dealer. If it is not MB CPO'ed, I wouldn't want to keep it beyond the 4-years factory warranty period because there is no way to tell how much abuse this car has gotten especially with the chin all scratched up.
I didn't know that there is a difference, CarFax reads "Offered for sale as a Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle" and their website has it listed as CPO, this is an MB dealer.

Edit: this is a test car/mule, do not buy it, here is the VIN: WDDHF7EB6CA473507

Last edited by sebis; 10-02-2013 at 10:18 PM. Reason: To add the VIN
Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

to me....something just doesnt add up....i may be completely wrong, but like i said, my understanding that if they are callling it pre "owned" then it had to be titled.

i do know that when i was looking at CPO cars, that they would show me on the sticker when it was first purchased, because that was the first date that the 4 year warrenty would start. The cpo would get a fancy Mercedes cpo sticker on it and have a check list of everything that was done....tires changed, oil, etc etc....that they absolutely should be able to show you. And on top of that, they add one year to the warranty from that initial date of purchase.

If your car was never titled, they should start the date of warranty when you buy it...

if its the car in texas, the georgia dealer probably sold it to the texas dealer and then they CPOd it....so u should get a warranty till 2018

Last edited by vdubpower; 09-30-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:27 PM

E63 AMG
Exactly 1 year ago, I got an "Executive" 2011 E63 AMG that was never titled. I got it for around $72k (considering my trade). They certified it (claimed it costs an extra $1200 to CPO it). I have a warranty until 2017 or 100,000 miles (whichever comes 1st). It had about 4,200 miles on it. This was the exact same car that sat in the showroom for months with a MSRP of $107,000. I can't guarantee it was wasn't "tracked" or used in AMG testing facility, but I believe the dealer wanted to get it off the showroom when the 2012's rolled in and someone used it for a few months until putting it back on the lot for sale with a deep discount.

This sounds similar to your situation, but with more miles. Because they claimed it was "new, never titled," they put new tires on and completely repainted the front bumper, got rid of any dings/dents, fixed a couple wheel rashes. Essentially making it brand new.

I would suggest offering $70,000 and go from there... and make sure they CPO it. It is possible to do, they just need to do it. When I went to dealer for Service A, I almost traded it in for a C63 507, but the new warranty would end at the same time as my CPO would (4 years/50k miles, or essentially 10/17). I love the E63, especially the 6.2L engine. Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:45 PM

to me....something just doesnt add up....i may be completely wrong, but like i said, my understanding that if they are callling it pre "owned" then it had to be titled.

i do know that when i was looking at CPO cars, that they would show me on the sticker when it was first purchased, because that was the first date that the 4 year warrenty would start. The cpo would get a fancy Mercedes cpo sticker on it and have a check list of everything that was done....tires changed, oil, etc etc....that they absolutely should be able to show you. And on top of that, they add one year to the warranty from that initial date of purchase.

If your car was never titled, they should start the date of warranty when you buy it...

if its the car in texas, the georgia dealer probably sold it to the texas dealer and then they CPOd it....so u should get a warranty till 2018
It makes sense what you saying but they told me otherwise, I may need to call MB USA customer service to see if they can clarify it. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Raddoc
Exactly 1 year ago, I got an "Executive" 2011 E63 AMG that was never titled. I got it for around $72k (considering my trade). They certified it (claimed it costs an extra $1200 to CPO it). I have a warranty until 2017 or 100,000 miles (whichever comes 1st). It had about 4,200 miles on it. This was the exact same car that sat in the showroom for months with a MSRP of $107,000. I can't guarantee it was wasn't "tracked" or used in AMG testing facility, but I believe the dealer wanted to get it off the showroom when the 2012's rolled in and someone used it for a few months until putting it back on the lot for sale with a deep discount.

This sounds similar to your situation, but with more miles. Because they claimed it was "new, never titled," they put new tires on and completely repainted the front bumper, got rid of any dings/dents, fixed a couple wheel rashes. Essentially making it brand new.

I would suggest offering $70,000 and go from there... and make sure they CPO it. It is possible to do, they just need to do it. When I went to dealer for Service A, I almost traded it in for a C63 507, but the new warranty would end at the same time as my CPO would (4 years/50k miles, or essentially 10/17). I love the E63, especially the 6.2L engine. Good luck with your decision.
Thank you for sharing your story, at this point I am going to wait it out a bit, there are three different 2012 E63 for sale in town that are asking around 80K and so far none of them is moving of the dealer's lot (one of them it's been for sale for 30 days). They will be forced to lower the prices if no one is buying at these prices. I think the 2014 redesign may have something to do with this, I hope I can get some info on Manheim auction data so I can back-up my offer when ready to buy.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM

I think I figured it out, the retail date is sometime August 2013, here is the carfax description:

Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory

so to my mind this is the date that counts for warranty unless Mercedes has some strange rule that when cars are sold amongst dealers it goes by the date of production.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM

E63 AMG
I have a friend who works for Manheim. I will get that info for you. Can I have your zip code?
Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Raddoc
I have a friend who works for Manheim. I will get that info for you. Can I have your zip code?
PM Sent

Last edited by sebis; 09-30-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

if it is the houston car we are talking about, then find out how it went from georgia, to texas to riverside california, and back to texas.....

at the end of the day, in all likely hood the car is top class.... go in with a low offer work from there....silver/black, CF/pp .....cant go wrong there
Old 10-01-2013, 10:57 AM

if it is the houston car we are talking about, then find out how it went from georgia, to texas to riverside california, and back to texas.....

at the end of the day, in all likely hood the car is top class.... go in with a low offer work from there....silver/black, CF/pp .....cant go wrong there
This is getting stranger, I got a hold of the spec sheet with the options installed and there are few strange entries in there:

003 Factory code - Production test manually
103 PT3 - Production Trial 3
53T Factory code pre-production

What in the world does this mean, anybody have seen this before?

--Sebis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Corporate Vehicle