Another Great Experience at Benzworks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 E63 AMG
Another Great Experience at Benzworks - RADO Downpipes

So I finally got some downpipes on the car. Serge over at Benzworks had a set of RADO catless downpipes in stock and offered me a deal too good to pass up. So I headed down to his shop in Huntington Beach on Friday and he made time to get the install done. Everything went very smoothly and all was complete in about an hour.

All I can say is WOW!!! Fit and finish on the pipes is top notch, and the sound they make on start up and WOT is nothing short of intoxicating. My ECU is out to Renntech this week for the tune update, and once back I intend to get some dynos to verify power gains.

Thanks to Serge and his crew for another great experience and top notch product. If anyone in the So CA area is looking for a trustworthy MB shop with great customer service and prices, I highly recommend Benzworks.

Last edited by xtyper; 03-03-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:32 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Originally Posted by xtyper
So I finally got some downpipes on the car. Serge over at Benzworks had a set of RADO catless downpipes in stock and offered me a deal too good to pass up. So I headed down to his shop in Huntington Beach on Friday and he made time to get the install done. Everything went very smoothly and all was complete in about an hour.

All I can say is WOW!!! Fit and finish on the pipes is top notch, and the sound they make on start up and WOT is nothing short of intoxicating. My ECU is out to Renntech this week for the tune update, and once back I intend to get some dynos to verify power gains.

Thanks to Serge and his crew for another great experience and top notch product. If anyone in the So CA area is looking for a trustworthy MB shop with great customer service and prices, I highly recommend Benzworks.

I'm glad you liked the downpipes, we worked hard to make sure that we delivered a product with a superior fit and finish.

Serge is great and always has our products available to him. For any customers that are looking for any of our parts even if you require a last minute install of any of our parts, Benzworks in Orange County can probably accommodate that.

I'm excited to see what extra horsepower Renntech can squeeze out of your car with a new tune and our downpipes.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 BS, 2011 SLS, 2014 CLS63-S
I've been considering cat-less pipes, but am concerned about the fumes, do you have any in cabin smell? Can't wait to see the Dyno results
Old 03-03-2014, 06:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 Mercedes SLS, 2014 Mercedes SLS Black Series, 2014 E63S, 2013 S550, 2012 ML63, 2013 C250
Originally Posted by ced357
I've been considering cat-less pipes, but am concerned about the fumes, do you have any in cabin smell? Can't wait to see the Dyno results
We have not had any complaints of any fume smells in the cabin but on our car we have been using out street-legal catted downpipes. We are installing carless downpipes on our 2014 E63S for some longer term testing today.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
I'm glad you liked the downpipes, we worked hard to make sure that we delivered a product with a superior fit and finish.

Serge is great and always has our products available to him. For any customers that are looking for any of our parts even if you require a last minute install of any of our parts, Benzworks in Orange County can probably accommodate that.

I'm excited to see what extra horsepower Renntech can squeeze out of your car with a new tune and our downpipes.
Thanks Craig. Look forward to meeting you sometime soon.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
eric y choose catless vs catted? will u have too swap them out when it comes to smog test time?

also, how does renntech tune the ecu to optimize with the DP's when its not their DPs, do they just calibrate to theirs? Just curious
Old 03-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by vdubpower
eric y choose catless vs catted? will u have too swap them out when it comes to smog test time?

also, how does renntech tune the ecu to optimize with the DP's when its not their DPs, do they just calibrate to theirs? Just curious
The downpipes can be swapped out with the stock units very quickly for an inspection or return to the dealer for end of lease or warranty situations. It can easily be accomplished in less than an hour.

The RADO downpipes are designed using all the factory mounting points so that you do not have to cut or fabricate anything to install them. They fit 100% like the original equipment downpipes making them very easy to install and remove.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2013 E63 AMG
Originally Posted by vdubpower

Yes, my understanding is that Renntech will basically give me the same tune they use for their own catless downpipes. The key is making sure the O2 sensor locations on the new pipes are same as stock to ensure the fueling targets are still met.