Sponsored by:

E63 AMG S or C63 AMG 507 Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 01:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
E63 AMG S or C63 AMG 507 Edition

Hey guys, I'm kind of struggling on wether to buy the C or the E 63. Has anyone here owned both? Pros/cons of each? The main reason I'm considering the E63 is simply two things, more HP, and a larger back seat for my daughter.

p.s. I'm new to the MB world (or will be soon), but I love fast cars. My previous car was a C6 Z06 with a supercharger.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 12-25-2014, 02:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'12 E63 Wagon
I haven't owned both, but I've certainly driven both.

The E63 4-matic puts power to the ground effortlessly. The C63.... does not
The E63 is a medium sized car inside and out. The C63 is a small car inside.
The E63 has refined materials and feel. The C63 feels less so.
The E63 was $20k+ more.
The E63 can be had as a wagon...
Old 12-25-2014, 02:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 180 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by v8maro
Hey guys, I'm kind of struggling on wether to buy the C or the E 63. Has anyone here owned both? Pros/cons of each? The main reason I'm considering the E63 is simply two things, more HP, and a larger back seat for my daughter.

p.s. I'm new to the MB world (or will be soon), but I love fast cars. My previous car was a C6 Z06 with a supercharger.

Thanks,

Steve
Have driven both: if more power and larger back seat are priority then it is a simple choice: E63
Old 12-25-2014, 04:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,142 Likes on 1,500 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I have three kids under 4 in the back of my e63... It was an easy decision

C class was too small and I wanted awd
Old 12-25-2014, 08:12 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
I owned both and switched mainly because of a 3rd kid was on the way and I needed more space. If you only have one kid then space should not be the issue.

It all depends on the feel you want.

The C is a smaller rwd beast that feels like a muscle car and sounds like one. Less refined like mentionned earlier.

The E is a bigger car with a more refined feel that you would expect from a benz. It is more powerful but I cant say it feels faster, although it is.

I love me E wagon but miss my C a lot. The 507 edition is a blast to drive (tried it in Vegas last year and it was my favorite track car of all AMG offerings). plus tou have to own a m156 car once in tour lifetime!!!
Old 12-25-2014, 08:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
'14 E63S, '13 G550, '06 E320 cdi, and a bunch of other stuff.
I can't imagine cross-shopping these two vehicles. There's a vast gap in size and performance. I've driven them back to back on the track, and they're two entirely different animals. The NA motor sounds great in the C63 an it handles quite nicely, but that's the end of the story. The E63 is more car by virtually every measure i can think of.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes
C63 feels more nimble, is more tossable, has "better" throttle response, feels more raw, rides rougher, feels smaller inside but by no means cramped (depending on your own feeling), has a more aggressive exhaust note (you won't get the same bark on downshifts with the E), lacks the comfort and luxury features (ventilated seats, etc). If it matters to you, the C draws a lot of attention and thumbs ups.

E pulls harder especially as revs climb, has more adjustability and comfort, is more comfortable for 4 adults, AWD feels great - car is stable and planted. It's quieter but still aggressive, smoother but doesn't glide like a soft high end luxury sedan. The attention you get in the E is a but more negative...less enthusiast thumbs ups and more "wow's" and of course obligatory hate.

Added that last part for each in case you care, some do some don't. Also keep in mind the 507 is outdated at this point, and looks it (IMO).
Old 12-25-2014, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Originally Posted by ace10
I can't imagine cross-shopping these two vehicles. There's a vast gap in size and performance. I've driven them back to back on the track, and they're two entirely different animals. The NA motor sounds great in the C63 an it handles quite nicely, but that's the end of the story. The E63 is more car by virtually every measure i can think of.
Originally Posted by rory breaker
C63 feels more nimble, is more tossable, has "better" throttle response, feels more raw, rides rougher, feels smaller inside but by no means cramped (depending on your own feeling), has a more aggressive exhaust note (you won't get the same bark on downshifts with the E), lacks the comfort and luxury features (ventilated seats, etc). If it matters to you, the C draws a lot of attention and thumbs ups.

E pulls harder especially as revs climb, has more adjustability and comfort, is more comfortable for 4 adults, AWD feels great - car is stable and planted. It's quieter but still aggressive, smoother but doesn't glide like a soft high end luxury sedan. The attention you get in the E is a but more negative...less enthusiast thumbs ups and more "wow's" and of course obligatory hate.

Added that last part for each in case you care, some do some don't. Also keep in mind the 507 is outdated at this point, and looks it (IMO).
These two comments pretty much sum up my feelings, I spent two years with my C63 coupe and loved it for what it was both the good and bad. I think the C is great as a coupe but too small as a sedan while the E excels in every way you would want a sedan to but is considerably larger and you feel it. For me AWD was the biggest selling point, all the power in the world does you no good if you can't get it to the ground. But I do miss the sound of an M156 with headers.
Old 12-25-2014, 11:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,142 Likes on 1,500 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by TTA850
These two comments pretty much sum up my feelings, I spent two years with my C63 coupe and loved it for what it was both the good and bad. I think the C is great as a coupe but too small as a sedan while the E excels in every way you would want a sedan to but is considerably larger and you feel it. For me AWD was the biggest selling point, all the power in the world does you no good if you can't get it to the ground. But I do miss the sound of an M156 with headers.
http://youtu.be/5qanlirrRWs

Awd ftw!!
Old 12-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 773 Likes on 752 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
E for sure cuz of ur daughter...
Old 12-25-2014, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
You can have kids with a C63. I have 2 daughters and were pretty happy in my previous sedan particularly when I was from time to time hitting the throttle . Same applies to the Black Series.
But for sure the practicality of the 4 doors is greater than the coupe. Even more when you had extra comfort/luxury and power like in the E. I almost pulled the trigger on an E63 wagon before i had the opportunity on the BS. Having driven both back to back these are different cars for different purposes. The E is a comfortable sport sedan with massage seats, larger, cruiser, etc... feels a bit heavier too. The C is more brutal/raw but does the job. Although I understand tall people saying it lacks space (I'm just 5'9").
It depends what your priorities are. We have a family SUV and I was looking for a fun car able to have people in the back. After test driving I realized the C was still what I was looking for. Price wise there is a difference as well. So this might be a criteria to take into account.
GL
Old 12-25-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2008 Saab 93 TurboX SC (BSR stage 1)/2014 E63 S Wagon (Rebellion Tuned/Renntech Sport Mufflers)
I traveled for many 2 day week end trips with 2 kids (5 and 1 at the time) in the back seat and all the stuff necessary to entertain/carry the above mentionnes kids with the C63 and was really happy with it, although I had to use packaging tricks to fit everything in the trunk. For sure the E wagon is bigger!