Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going from Corvette to 2010 E63

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 04:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by emericr
I had 2 vettes (C4 and C5) and currently drive a CLS63.
Bottom line I am probably going back to C7Z06 as I can't justify spending $50K more on an AMG-GTS that has more than 100hp less. I miss the "sports car" feel.
Unless you really have to have 4 doors, the AMGs sedans are great sedans and at least equal the straight line speed of the vette but can't compete with the lightness and sportier sensations.
How about a new C63 or M3? I had one of each and felt they were the closest to the vette but more refined than the vette interior wise.
You might be a candidate for the Cayman GT4. Would you consider that?
Old 02-15-2015, 11:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2011 AMG E63
Picked up the 2011 E63 this weekend, thread and questions here

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...questions.html

You know currently I don't miss the Vette, Yes it does handle a bit better, but for the majority of my driving the luxury is much appreciated and I really don't miss shifting.

The new Z06 looks fantastic though and I may get one at a later date, however I'm sure it will have the same GM quality which I'm not really looking forward to. I'll see if I can convince the wife to let me get another 2 seater if I really miss it. So far I really don't miss it at all.

Originally Posted by emericr
I had 2 vettes (C4 and C5) and currently drive a CLS63.
Bottom line I am probably going back to C7Z06 as I can't justify spending $50K more on an AMG-GTS that has more than 100hp less. I miss the "sports car" feel.
Unless you really have to have 4 doors, the AMGs sedans are great sedans and at least equal the straight line speed of the vette but can't compete with the lightness and sportier sensations.
How about a new C63 or M3? I had one of each and felt they were the closest to the vette but more refined than the vette interior wise.