W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xxGenericSNxx's 2015 E63 Wagon Build/Photo Thread

Old 03-07-2015, 10:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
I'm also interested in the CF parts you described.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by Lenin
I'm also interested in the CF parts you described.
You got it!
Old 03-07-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
'19 GLC 63S, '17 911 TTS Cabrio, '16 Viper TA2.0, '15 E63S (sold),'12 Harley CVO 2212cc
Time to replace the R63 pic for the E ? Or do a combo!!
Old 03-18-2015, 09:04 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts
2016 GLE 350d
Nicest E63 I've seen. Absolutely love that exterior color.
Old 03-21-2015, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SilveRT8
Time to replace the R63 pic for the E ? Or do a combo!!
I want to do a combo... need to find another driver to help me first!

Here's some more mods:

AMG Door Pins installed. Fronts are screw on and rears pop in.

OEM roof racks, windshield sunshade, and rubber floor mats:

I'll use the stock designo ones when the weather gets better:

Racks mounted:

Windesa sunshades for the rear three windows. They generally sell this as a kit that includes the side doors as well, but since the wagons come with that standard I asked them to make me a three piece set instead of five. The fitment is really good and installs with simple clips that slide into the gap and is held on by the tension in the shade itself. There's no rattling and they can be removed in seconds.

I also got my license plate!

The last set of mods for this round is some upgrades to the steering wheel area of this car. The E-Class shares the same steering wheel as the CLA, GLA, C, and SL. Which is to say the finish in some areas are cheap. On the SL, they come with a nappa leather airbag with stitching and on the SL63/65 the steering wheel trim says "AMG" on the bottom instead of "Airbag" as found on the lesser cars. I purchased the SL airbag and AMG steering wheel trim, in addition to the Brabus paddle shifters which are plug and play.

Before:

After:

Old 03-21-2015, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Here's a photoshoot I did:

Old 03-21-2015, 04:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E63S WAGON (On Order), BMW X5 (Gone), E92 M3 (Gone)
well done. it must be expensive to buy the leather airbag and brabus paddles.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 E63S sedan
Looks great! Awesome license plate too.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Really like the look of the leather airbag and amg trim with the paddles. Thinking about doing it myself as well. Would it be possible to tell us where you go these parts, and how much? Part numbers would be great as well. Is the install pretty straight forward? Thanks! You have a great looking car.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:47 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Truly awesome

Love the steering wheel.. Guessing you spent $1000 on parts
Old 03-21-2015, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The whole install is very straightforward as the airbag and trim are OEM. The Brabus paddles are also plug and play so we were in and out in an hour.

Last edited by Vic55; 08-20-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:55 AM

2019 GLC 63
I just noticed your steering wheel is stitched in black thread, is this a designo option? My stock '14 wheel has silver stiching that matches the black seats.
Old 03-22-2015, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by RJD AMG
I just noticed your steering wheel is stitched in black thread, is this a designo option? My stock '14 wheel has silver stiching that matches the black seats.
All E63 interiors that are not black w/ grey stitching have black stitched steering wheels. Since you have the black w/ grey stitching you get a matching steering wheel rim.

No E63s came with leather airbags.
Old 03-23-2015, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Looking great!
I'm not too fond of MB's OEM rear passenger window shades' coverage. There is that gap between the shade and the c-pillar. I don't see why MB cannot design it in such a way to fill that gap.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:20 PM

2018 GLS 550; 2018 Volvo XC90
Everything looks awesome! I especially love the leather airbag cover, the license plate and the sunshades

I have similar sunshades for my E46 wagon and am definitely going to get some for the MB. Do you think the rear passenger door shade clips can be installed even with the OEM shade fixtures? I wouldn't use them at the same time, but I'd rather have my dogs drool on/puncture the aftermarket shades than the OEM roll-up shades, so I'm hoping they will work over the existing window shade infrastructure.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:23 PM

16 E63 Wagon
Really like the steering wheel trim.. I will be ordering that.!

Thanks for figuring out all these details and making it easier on us!

I tried to search and find pics of the "RENNtech Carbon Fiber Rear Wing" but was not able to find it.. Do you have a link or pic of it?
Old 03-27-2015, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
S550, R350, GL550, ML63 AMG
Love the mods. Looking great!

Old 03-29-2015, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Beemie
Everything looks awesome! I especially love the leather airbag cover, the license plate and the sunshades

I have similar sunshades for my E46 wagon and am definitely going to get some for the MB. Do you think the rear passenger door shade clips can be installed even with the OEM shade fixtures? I wouldn't use them at the same time, but I'd rather have my dogs drool on/puncture the aftermarket shades than the OEM roll-up shades, so I'm hoping they will work over the existing window shade infrastructure.
Yes they absolutely can be. As mentioned earlier I ordered just a 3 piece set, but their instructions showed me how I'd install the second row window's pieces if I had those as well. You have to attach a clip doohickey onto the plastic window trim on the interior of the car. I suppose it is held on by double back tape and this is permanently on the window frame to hold your window shade. I don't care much for the add on thing that goes onto the plastic frame and am happy enough with the factory window shades that I'm not upset I didn't get Windesa's for the second row- but for your use this may make more sense.

Originally Posted by KINGLEH
Really like the steering wheel trim.. I will be ordering that.!

Thanks for figuring out all these details and making it easier on us!

I tried to search and find pics of the "RENNtech Carbon Fiber Rear Wing" but was not able to find it.. Do you have a link or pic of it?
No problem- this is what I love to do when modding cars. No detail goes unnoticed.

RENNtech doesn't have any formal info on their website about the wing. I saw the prototype during SEMA and really liked the shape so I'm eagerly awaiting its release. RENNtech is already taking preorders for their wing and you can order from any dealer that normally sells their parts. MSRP is $1,640 + shipping. I'm waiting for the first pieces to get released so I can look at the photos to determine its carbon weave direction. The folks at RENNtech can't give me a straight answer for which direction the weave is and RENNtech is more than happy to charge me an extra $200 to have the weave in a certain direction (I want to match my OEM carbon pieces). But if RENNtech releases the wing already in the OEM direction, there's no need for me to pay an extra $200.

From what I understand the first pieces will be coming out last week, but when I called they still didn't get them yet. So who knows, any day now I suppose?
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT S & E63 S AMG
Just a FYI for anyone interested in the leather airbag from the SL, I contacted Steve from MBenzNL and the price is 650 euros shipped. However, there is the issue of shipping an airbag via an express service as airbags are viewed as an explosive. I have been warned by the vendor that my package maybe red-flagged and seized by customs if shipped alone. The OP was able to get his in the country apparently because it was part of a much larger shipment, and customs probably didn't look at the entire contents of the package. I have looked for a vendor in the US and it will cost about $1500 plus shipping. While it looks great, I don't think it's worth the money as these prices. Anyone got ideas to bring a few of these airbags into the country?
Old 03-30-2015, 02:20 PM

'12 E63 Wagon
I just swapped out the airbag -cover- with a matching stitched leather Mercedes one. I think the total cost was under $200. Let me see if I can find my post detailing the job...
Old 03-30-2015, 02:24 PM

'12 E63 Wagon
https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ng-wheels.html

The parts, description, and result are all in that thread. I'm very pleased with the result. The standard steering wheel cover really looks cheap once you get used to the leather one.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by joseyu
Just a FYI for anyone interested in the leather airbag from the SL, I contacted Steve from MBenzNL and the price is 650 euros shipped. However, there is the issue of shipping an airbag via an express service as airbags are viewed as an explosive. I have been warned by the vendor that my package maybe red-flagged and seized by customs if shipped alone. The OP was able to get his in the country apparently because it was part of a much larger shipment, and customs probably didn't look at the entire contents of the package. I have looked for a vendor in the US and it will cost about $1500 plus shipping. While it looks great, I don't think it's worth the money as these prices. Anyone got ideas to bring a few of these airbags into the country?
I plan to do another big order from Steve in the next couple of months. If you like we can probably ship together and then I'll mail to you from the US.

I found the airbag for $1,200 from American dealers at wholesale price- Euro one is still much cheaper.

Originally Posted by cnolke
I just swapped out the airbag -cover- with a matching stitched leather Mercedes one. I think the total cost was under $200. Let me see if I can find my post detailing the job...
Thanks for the update- I guess I missed it when you finally got it on. Looks good, is the cheapest method, but I'd rather not touch the airbag assembly for no real rational reason.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Time for another update and the latest round of mods.

I have Carbon Fiber front flic photos to share (and they're almost complete for installation on my car) if you're interested in these please send me an email to wong.nathan01@gmail.com and I'll send you what I have. I'll wait until they're installed on my car before I post them on this board.

Another option that the folks overseas can get but is unavailable in the US is the skibag passthrough. What this option allows you to do is to run a set of skis through the rear amrest opening from the trunk into the main cabin of the car. If you don't ski, the bag can be removed and the passthrough can still be used for other oblong objects or if you need to access the trunk from the rear seat (such as reaching for snacks or drinks on a road trip). Once again Steve from MBenzNL in the Netherlands helped me get all of the right parts for my car and Jesse at Eurosport helped me with the install. Everything was a breeze and plug and play except for my stock middle headrest where the polls must be trimmed in order to fit into the minimized opening.

The parts themselves consist of a new metal backrest frame for the Left + Middle rear seat. There's also some new misc. plastic trims for the top of the seat, new carpet backrest with skibag opening, and of course the skitbag itself along with the doors and trim for the opening.

Here's what it looked like stock with no opening:

And here's how the car looks like with the skibag passthrough installed:

Here, the skibag is removed and sitting on the right side. It easily snaps back into place when needed.

The next modification completed is the install of a loading sill protector for the rear bumper. All of the MB SUVs and R-Class come with some sort of sill plate that goes on top of the bumper to protect it from loading and unloading various objects into the trunk. I find it ridiculous that the MB Wagons lack this feature. Luckily Shaetz, a very high quality Germany aftermarket company, makes a stainless steel piece for the S212 Wagons. They make two different styles, one for the prefacelift and one for the post facelift. The design between the two varies in that the post facelift version is slightly more narrow. For this reason, I actually decided to purchase the prefacelift version for my post facelift car to see if it would fit, especially since the upper rear bumper design looks so similar between the two. I figured how different can they really be. My intuition paid off as the prefacelift fitment is 97% perfect. There is only a slight gap on the left and right edges where the sill protector curves but is unnoticeable from most angles (unless under the car looking up). The stainless steel finish is also quite prone to scratching so I placed some Xpel Stealth (matte) paint protection to protect the protector. The original finish was chrome but I like how the Xpel Stealth essentially turns the chrome part into a matte silver, very similar to the finish on the bumper of the stock 2014+ E63 (provided it doesn't have the Night Styling Package).

The original chrome finish with the Xpel Stealth film beneath:

The Schaetz logo etched into the protector:

Old 04-13-2015, 04:53 PM

2018 Lexus LS500
Your plate should be 63Roar for the e63

Last edited by BluetecKING; 04-13-2015 at 06:30 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 08:30 PM

2018 Lexus LS500
This color is absolutely stunning. The other day I was driving on the FDR and mystic brown 2014 s63 drove by with black rims and by draw literally dropped.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: xxGenericSNxx's 2015 E63 Wagon Build/Photo Thread