Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

xxGenericSNxx's 2015 E63 Wagon Build/Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 01:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E63 S
Thanks for all of your mod information. Based on your posts, I ordered and just had installed the AMG Steering Wheel trim. It vastly improves the look of the steering wheel. Even my service consultant remarked that it looked much better. He also learned that the SL part will work on the E63 because he previously had no information that indicated that it would work.
Old 04-14-2015, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
With that much mods going on...are you planning to add third-row seating?
Old 04-14-2015, 11:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by BluetecKING
This color is absolutely stunning. The other day I was driving on the FDR and mystic brown 2014 s63 drove by with black rims and by draw literally dropped.
Mystic Brown isn't offered on the 2013+ W222 S-Class as a normal order color. So unless you saw an off the chart order car then I don't believe that's what you saw. Perhaps it was the previous generation S-Class W221 body? That was a normal order color for that style.

Originally Posted by UNC Sooner
Thanks for all of your mod information. Based on your posts, I ordered and just had installed the AMG Steering Wheel trim. It vastly improves the look of the steering wheel. Even my service consultant remarked that it looked much better. He also learned that the SL part will work on the E63 because he previously had no information that indicated that it would work.
You're welcome! Glad to see people doing the steering wheel trim mod. SAs generally don't know if you can or can't do something- you've just got to have it in your blood to want to tinker around with things to see if they'll work.

Originally Posted by otakki
I've thought about it but learned that on the S212 the 942 trunk rail system is incompatible with the third row seating. I think the third row seat panels may be wider and impede on where those trunk rails are. I use the 942 rails more than I'd use the third row seats anyways so it's not a huge deal. It'd be cool though adding it in. Another issue I found is that with the B&O sound system, there's an amplifier under the trunk floor that would have to be completely relocated since the third row seats would occupy that space.

Funny enough that on the S211 E Wagon, you could get the rail system in conjunction with the third row seats.

I'm working up some other big factory retrofits so stay tuned for those.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
Mystic Brown isn't offered on the 2013+ W222 S-Class as a normal order color. So unless you saw an off the chart order car then I don't believe that's what you saw. Perhaps it was the previous generation S-Class W221 body? That was a normal order color for that style.
It was the W222 for sure it might have been Dolomite Brown Metallic, nonetheless it was stunning.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
Originally Posted by otakki
OP, fantastic thread!

For those without B&O is adding a third-row seat even possible?
Old 04-16-2015, 12:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by IGotId
OP, fantastic thread!

For those without B&O is adding a third-row seat even possible?
Absolutely: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...agon-done.html
Old 04-16-2015, 12:45 AM

'11 BMW 335xi M-sport, Performance Edition; '16 E63S Wagon (on order)
Subscribed. This thread is going to end up costing me so much money...with almost five months to wait until my wagon comes I am bound to find a gang of stuff to pick up for the wagon (list already started actually). Thanks for being such a fanatic and paving the way!
Old 04-16-2015, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by thatstoomuch
Subscribed. This thread is going to end up costing me so much money...with almost five months to wait until my wagon comes I am bound to find a gang of stuff to pick up for the wagon (list already started actually). Thanks for being such a fanatic and paving the way!
Isn't that what forums are for? Helping us spend more money?

I know exactly how you feel. I had interest in ordering a 15 in April 2014 but ordering banks didn't end up opening until July 2014 with Euro Delivery on November 2014 and US redelivery on February 2015. What this meant for me was 3 months of formulating my vision from April-July. Then ordering all of those forbidden fruit Euro parts after I placed my order, the HRE wheels in November, and many odds and ends parts in between. So basically I had a garage full of car parts for a car that wasn't even on US soil yet. I think that definitely helped me pass the time as I was waiting for the car to arrive- looking and ordering parts while I waited. I look forward to seeing your build thread when you get your beast!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:23 AM

'11 BMW 335xi M-sport, Performance Edition; '16 E63S Wagon (on order)
Isn't that what forums are for? Helping us spend more money?

I know exactly how you feel. I had interest in ordering a 15 in April 2014 but ordering banks didn't end up opening until July 2014 with Euro Delivery on November 2014 and US redelivery on February 2015. What this meant for me was 3 months of formulating my vision from April-July. Then ordering all of those forbidden fruit Euro parts after I placed my order, the HRE wheels in November, and many odds and ends parts in between. So basically I had a garage full of car parts for a car that wasn't even on US soil yet. I think that definitely helped me pass the time as I was waiting for the car to arrive- looking and ordering parts while I waited. I look forward to seeing your build thread when you get your beast!
Haha, true!

I am not quite sure yet what I will be doing to the car (especially since I haven't decided if I intend to purchase or lease) but it is a lot of fun seeing all the different possibilities!
Old 04-16-2015, 08:13 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
'18 E63s
Old 04-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
I want to do the amg bezel

How do I remove the old "airbag" bezel and install the new one?

Thanks
Old 04-30-2015, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
'12 C63 Black Series, '12 ML350 BlueTech
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I want to do the amg bezel

How do I remove the old "airbag" bezel and install the new one?

Thanks
1-disconnect the battery
2-remove the airbag
3-remove the trim
4-replace the trim
5-reinstall airbag
6-reconnect battery

Nathan,

Can you share the part numbers for the AMG trim and leather airbag?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:28 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by abcut973
1-disconnect the battery
2-remove the airbag
3-remove the trim
4-replace the trim
5-reinstall airbag
6-reconnect battery

Nathan,

How do you remove the airbag... Any trick to removing he trim?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!!

Found this link -- assuming this should be same procedure for w212

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...heel-swap.html

when I disconnect the battery -- will my presets or settings (seat memory, etc) disappear or will these be retained?
Old 04-30-2015, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Found this link -- assuming this should be same procedure for w212

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...heel-swap.html

when I disconnect the battery -- will my presets or settings (seat memory, etc) disappear or will these be retained?
Yep that DIY will give you an idea. The only difference is on the facelift steering wheel there are no torx in the back. Instead you have on the side two little holes where you can insert a small flat screwdriver. You ust need to push on the springs to release the airbag.
As for your settings i think they will be saved (definitely yes for the seats memory position) unless you leave the car without battery for a longer period of time. Obviously your trip ODO computer will reset as well as your mpg average.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:20 PM

2015 E63 S
I had the dealership install my AMG trim. They mentioned having to reset an airbag default code. Maybe that was just a way to charge more for the install.
Old 04-30-2015, 03:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

I had the dealership install my AMG trim. They mentioned having to reset an airbag default code. Maybe that was just a way to charge more for the install.
Is there no way to just pry up the black "airbag" plastic part and replace with the brushed aluminum "amg" piece?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lol! The only way you could get a fault code is if you reconnect your battery and the airbag is not connect or you messed up with the airbag itself (like you dropped it or else) or connection. So surprising (or not) that dealer made the mistake ( or on purpose).

Is there no way to just pry up the black "airbag" plastic part and replace with the brushed aluminum "amg" piece?
I doubt it. It is one piece trim. Otherwise you would have seen that AMG piece sold on ebay instead.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:55 PM
SPONSOR

Received 62 Likes on 61 Posts
Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, BMW, MINI and more!
What a great looking vehicle! Definitely looks better without that plate holder.

-Luccia
Old 05-04-2015, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abcut973
1-disconnect the battery
2-remove the airbag
3-remove the trim
4-replace the trim
5-reinstall airbag
6-reconnect battery

Nathan,

Part numbers can be found on post 36: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post6372514

Yes you're exactly right on the install procedure. That dealer didn't know what they were doing when toying around with the airbag.

No, you have to buy the trim aforementioned on post 36 and replace the whole piece.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Part numbers can be found on post 36: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post6372514

Yes you're exactly right on the install procedure. That dealer didn't know what they were doing when toying around with the airbag.
Thanks a lot.
I haven't gone through all the posts.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's been a while since my last update but I've done a few more things to the car.

-Video in Motion Module w/ ECO disabled and Active Windows Feature
-European Rear Door Locks
-Formed Dynamics Carbon Fiber Front Flics and 3 Fin Rear Diffuser

-3M Crystalline 40% window tint on all side and rear windows
-Xpel UV 80% window tint on the windshield
-Xpel UV window tint on the two sunroofs

I'll start off by explaining the module I had installed. This video in motion module has three notable features:
1. Video in Motion (allows you to watch video, input navigation directions, MB apps, read text messages while in motion) we can save the debate for whether or not the driver should be allowed to do this in another discussion- I am merely reporting what this module does and would like to remind you that I have my copilot (passenger) perform these tasks.

2. Eco disabled. Yes, this module will automatically disable Eco mode when the car is turned on. Should you wish to reactivate Eco mode you simply press the Eco button. In essence this module defaults Eco mode off when the car is turned on instead of defaulting to on. Should you wish to reinstate the original Eco functionality (perhaps you're taking the car to the dealer and you wish to not draw attention to yourself) you hold down the Eco button for six seconds, until your flashers blink, and the module will put the car back into stock mode and have Eco turn on automatically.

3. Active Comfort Closing of windows. This feature is only available on NTG4 cars (so this unfortunately isn't available for the 2016 E-Class with NTG5). This allows you to open and close the windows on your car through RF instead of IR. On a stock car you can open and close the windows of your car with the keyfob by holding your keyfob in the unlock or lock position within a few inches of the driver's door handle. With this module you simply press lock once on the keyfob or lock the car using the Keyless Go door handle and any open window and trunk (if your car has power trunk) will automatically close. In stock format the trunk will only close with a press of the button on the trunk itself or with the button in the driver's door panel. You cannot close it with the keyfob- but now with the module you can. You can also open all of the windows on the car with 2X press of the unlock button on the keyfob. There's no need to hold the key a few inches away from the door handle to air out your hot car on a sunny day.

The installation of the module was fairly easy. It piggybacks behind the headunit and can be removed when you sell the car.

The next mod are the Euro Door Locks. Traditionally on a US Spec MB, you cannot open the rear doors from the inside when the car is locked. With the European spec door locks, the rear door locks function like the front doors: this means you can open the rear doors from the inside when the car is locked. There's no need for the person in the front to unlock the doors in order for the rear passenger to exit the car. Should you have children, the child safety lock feature is still integrated into this mechanism so you can override the rear doors from being able to open from the inside. This is the perfect mod to do in conjunction with the AMG Door Lock Pins because the pins sit flush when locked, so in an emergency the rear passenger can't pull the pin in order to let them out of the car. It is for this reason the Europeans have a flush mounted door lock stock while the US has always gotten the hideous pins that stick up even in the locked position.

Installation requires removal of the door panel and inner door skin to change out the assembly.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

As mentioned in my previous post I also got some Formed Dynamics Carbon Fiber accents for the exterior of my car.

First up are the Carbon Fiber Front Flics which add on top of the stock gloss black pieces. The weave is in the same direction as the factory Exterior Carbon Fiber Package.

Next up is the Three Fin Diffuser. Stock already has three fins but these fins run an extra 1.25" (3cm) below the stock one to give it more substance. This part simply affixes on top of the stock diffuser to give the rear end a little more of an aggressive look without being over the top.

Here are some comparisons between stock and with the Formed Dynamics Diffuser:

The following users liked this post:
carlsbadbill (01-19-2022)
Old 08-17-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 E63 AMG, 2013 E350 4matic (SOLD), 2006 C55 AMG (SOLD)
This is one bad *** wagon!!!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
2002 C32 AMG, 2013 GLK 350/4, 2015 E63S AMG Wagon
Nathan, did you get the VIM module from comrade Vladimir?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: xxGenericSNxx's 2015 E63 Wagon Build/Photo Thread