AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG
AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum and this my first post.

I have a 2013 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG. It's a post face-lift RWD model.

I'm here, looking for help in deciding between these two options:

1. AMS Alpha 9.
2. RENNtech Stage II Turbo Upgrade.

Whichever one I end up choosing, I will also be getting their downpipes, exhaust, air intake and turbo intercooler upgrades as well.

I have searched online for a direct comparison of these two options but have not had much luck. They're both well established and trusted by those that know them. I understand the RENNtech option is more expensive but I don't mind spending more if it is better than the AMS option in a definitive way. Is it?

Does anyone here have any personal experience with both of these options?

Which one would you choose if given the choice? Why?

Which of these two exhaust systems sounds better? Which of the two, is the quieter one overall?

I've attached a few pictures of my car.

Thanks,

Shazi
Attached Thumbnails AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II-01.jpg   AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II-02.jpg   AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II-03.jpg   AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II-04.jpg   AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II-05.jpg  

AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II-06.jpg  

Last edited by Shazi02; 07-25-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:10 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Congrats on your new AMG. First I would like to point out, the photos you've attached of your new car is a facelift 2014+ AMG E63.

Second, I don't know about the warranty that comes with the AMG in the Middle East, but if you want to upgrade it for more HP and Tq. I would suggest going with the ECU tune and exhaust system first and see how you like it before you go for an turbo upgrade.

I have an Renntech ECU and 200 cell catalyst exhaust and in my opinion they make the perfect harmony. Also take into consideration that most Middle East countries including UAE is hot, very hot and that alone should dispare you from an turbo upgrade.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by Davidkuo0330
Congrats on your new AMG. First I would like to point out, the photos you've attached of your new car is a facelift 2014+ AMG E63.

Second, I don't know about the warranty that comes with the AMG in the Middle East, but if you want to upgrade it for more HP and Tq. I would suggest going with the ECU tune and exhaust system first and see how you like it before you go for an turbo upgrade.

I have an Renntech ECU and 200 cell catalyst exhaust and in my opinion they make the perfect harmony. Also take into consideration that most Middle East countries including UAE is hot, very hot and that alone should dispare you from an turbo upgrade.

Thank you for your response.

The car was purchased as a 2013 model. Its production month/year is 06/2013 and it was delivered 09/2013.

It is being exported from the UK to Pakistan via UAE and once it's in Pakistan, it can't be upgraded again as neither AMS or RENNtech exist there. This is one of the reasons I don't want just the ECU tune.

Aside from that, there are more than a few RENNtech and AMS tuned Mercs, GTRs etc. in UAE and they seem to be running fine. In fact, some the worlds highest tuned GTRs are in UAE (Alpha 12, 14, 16, etc.) In any case, this car will end up in Lahore, Pakistan where the weather isn't as severe.

The RENNtech workshop in Dubai currently has a CLS63 from Qatar for a Stage II upgrade and an E63 on its way to Karachi, Pakistan getting the Stage I upgrade.
Old 07-26-2015, 10:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Facelift started in 2013 for the rest of the world. Sweet ride

I think of money is a non issue get the renntech

Last edited by PeterUbers; 07-26-2015 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:50 PM
Banned

2016 AMG S65, AMG GL63, 2012 AMG E63 With AMS Alpha 9 Package, Renntech 200 Catted Downpipes.
Your welcome. A facelift 2014 model sold as 2013. Hope you got 2013 pricing.

Listen. If you have the money to burn, I say go for it. But if it was me, I would be concern since you mentioned there is no Renntech or AMS distributors in Palistan if something went wrong with a tune of any kind. What are you going to do or what can you do? Have your local mechanic take apart the tune and send it back to UAE for repair?

Anyways good luck, but I would go with Renntech tune.

Originally Posted by Shazi02
Thank you for your response.

The car was purchased as a 2013 model. Its production month/year is 06/2013 and it was delivered 09/2013.

It is being exported from the UK to Pakistan via UAE and once it's in Pakistan, it can't be upgraded again as neither AMS or RENNtech exist there. This is one of the reasons I don't want just the ECU tune.

Aside from that, there are more than a few RENNtech and AMS tuned Mercs, GTRs etc. in UAE and they seem to be running fine. In fact, some the worlds highest tuned GTRs are in UAE (Alpha 12, 14, 16, etc.) In any case, this car will end up in Lahore, Pakistan where the weather isn't as severe.

The RENNtech workshop in Dubai currently has a CLS63 from Qatar for a Stage II upgrade and an E63 on its way to Karachi, Pakistan getting the Stage I upgrade.
Old 07-26-2015, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
If he at least has a solid mb tech/master mechanic to service etc it the Tuning end can always be adjusted either via Computer Email files or just send the ECU directly to Renntech in Florida etc...
Old 07-26-2015, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Facelift started in 2013 for the rest of the world. Sweet ride

I think of money is a non issue get the renntech

Yeah, I was confused at first too.

Most people would say to choose RENNtech over AMS but why? I mean they do pretty much the same thing. Is it a reliability issue?
Old 07-26-2015, 03:50 PM

Your welcome. A facelift 2014 model sold as 2013. Hope you got 2013 pricing.

Listen. If you have the money to burn, I say go for it. But if it was me, I would be concern since you mentioned there is no Renntech or AMS distributors in Palistan if something went wrong with a tune of any kind. What are you going to do or what can you do? Have your local mechanic take apart the tune and send it back to UAE for repair?

Anyways good luck, but I would go with Renntech tune.
I got it for $69k VAT free since it's being exported. I will, of course, have to pay import duty once it gets to Pakistan. Import duties are high in Pakistan, somewhere around 100% to 150% for cars of this class.

Although neither AMS or RENNtech have authorized workshop representation there, their people in UAE are willing to fly out for repairs should there be any issues as such later on. Of course, I would have to pay for the flights but that's okay because return flights are not at all expensive between Dubai and Lahore.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Yeah, I was confused at first too.

Most people would say to choose RENNtech over AMS but why? I mean they do pretty much the same thing. Is it a reliability issue?
It's not necessarily a reliability issue directly it's just that renntech has been in the Benz tuning biz for a lot longer than AMS and that's worth something to many people. Not enough data to truly know if this is relevant or not
Old 07-26-2015, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Thericker
If he at least has a solid mb tech/master mechanic to service etc it the Tuning end can always be adjusted either via Computer Email files or just send the ECU directly to Renntech in Florida etc...

There is an authorized Mercedes Dealership in Pakistan and many Mercs on the road. A few E63s, not that many and maybe 10 in the country that are modified to the level I am thinking of. They have authorized workshops.

Anyway, ECU removal or workshop repairs are not a problem.

Last edited by Shazi02; 07-26-2015 at 04:03 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
weistec is another choice

yaar where in lahore can u even enjoy the extra power?

anyways if i ever go in the future, Meet me at liberty market, gimme a ride
Old 07-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Banned

I got it for $69k VAT free since it's being exported. I will, of course, have to pay import duty once it gets to Pakistan. Import duties are high in Pakistan, somewhere around 100% to 150% for cars of this class.

Although neither AMS or RENNtech have authorized workshop representation there, their people in UAE are willing to fly out for repairs should there be any issues as such later on. Of course, I would have to pay for the flights but that's okay because return flights are not at all expensive between Dubai and Lahore.
That is actually a good price for a U.S. Standard facelift 2014 E63. What options did it come with? Is it a 4matic, E63S?

In Asia, specifically Taiwan and China. VAT are also up to 100% so basically what we pay here in the U.S., it's double that amount in those countries.

Obviously, money is not of concern if your willing to fly a tech from Dubai to Pakistan if something went wrong with your tune so go for it. Like what Peter said. There is really no comparison as far as reliability from Renntech and AMS, but I choice Renntech because of the name and there length in tuning Mercedes Benz.
Old 07-26-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by vdubpower
weistec is another choice

yaar where in lahore can u even enjoy the extra power?

anyways if i ever go in the future, Meet me at liberty market, gimme a ride

The RENNtech dealer in Dubai also deals in Weistec. I'm just more attracted to these two specific choices.

You're right, there aren't many places where it's possible to enjoy the power. Maybe, Canal bank road after 1 am, motorway to Islamabad with a radar/laser detector, most places in Islamabad city, maybe even drive up to Khunjerab pass. I don't expect to be taking part in any drag races etc. Also, there are frequent auto shows that the car could be a part of.

Anyway, when you come we can go for a ride...
Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM

That is actually a good price for a U.S. Standard facelift 2014 E63. What options did it come with? Is it a 4matic, E63S?

In Asia, specifically Taiwan and China. VAT are also up to 100% so basically what we pay here in the U.S., it's double that amount in those countries.

Obviously, money is not of concern if your willing to fly a tech from Dubai to Pakistan if something went wrong with your tune so go for it. Like what Peter said. There is really no comparison as far as reliability from Renntech and AMS, but I choice Renntech because of the name and there length in tuning Mercedes Benz.

It would have been about $85k had I kept it in the UK. I will PM you the source website, you can see the options listed there.

Flying a tech, if and when a rare issue occurs will cost under $500.

I'm also leaning towards RENNtech but I can't fully explain why. If I had a GTR, I wouldn't think twice about this, it would be AMS above anyone else.

I suppose my main concern is the RENNtech exhaust sound for use on a daily basis for years to come. I think the AMS exhaust sound is quieter.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
what opinions does the dubai installer have over the different products

i know steve from weistec often makes personal visits to dubai for members
Old 07-26-2015, 06:50 PM
Banned

It would have been about $85k had I kept it in the UK. I will PM you the source website, you can see the options listed there.

I'm also leaning towards RENNtech but I can't fully explain why. If I had a GTR, I wouldn't think twice about this, it would be AMS above anyone else.

I suppose my main concern is the RENNtech exhaust sound for use on a daily basis for years to come. I think the AMS exhaust sound is quieter.
If you go on YouTube and search Renntech AMG E63 and the same for AMS. You'll hear the different sound clips from each vendor. If you think about it, if your going with the turbo and cooler upgrade off the bat as a daily driver. You shouldn't be too concern about the exhaust sound. The will both sound awesome and stand out from the crowd. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:52 PM
Banned

I got your PM. You got one heck of a good deal for your AMG. B&O sound, rear entertainment and only 7,500 miles. These are all highly options even for US standards.

Last edited by Davidkuo0330; 07-26-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:02 PM

2015 E63S AMG & 2013 GLK350
Give AMS a call and speak to them about what you want score you rule them out. I had my car tuned at their facility in West Chicago and they are serious about making reliable power on the M157 engine. I understand that RennTech has been working on AMG vehicles longer, how much that matters is debatable because IMO anything they learned in prior engines and computer architecture is irrelevant on the M157. AMS has been working with turbocharged engines for a long time, and understand how to make them live at ludicrous power levels.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:16 PM
Banned

Hi. I forgot to mentioned. When you get s tune, I highly recommend to get the spark plug changed. Renntech spark plugs is what I got.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLS550
Did the OP ever decide on which tuner he's going with?
Old 08-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 292 Likes on 241 Posts
2003 W211 E55, 2003 W220 S600
which ever company you decide to go with please take in consideration

1. RON rating of fuel being used in the country of use, this will determine the target timing setting on the ECU remapp
2. Get a good datalogging setup so you can see what the car is doing in case of future problems. With this it makes the manufacturers job easy to detect problems, rather than just the end user saying the car feels slow etc etc
Old 08-22-2015, 11:07 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
since youre considering downpipes, did you also consider the kleemann package?? their downpipes in the K3 package are true turbo back bridgepipes/downpipes unlike what ams and renntech uses.

plus the ams and renntech pipes only add like 10 hp, which is basically just a cat delete. the Kleemann pipes add 70 hp and over 100 lbft from just that mod alone.

its the one im going with.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:29 PM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Originally Posted by mainly
since youre considering downpipes, did you also consider the kleemann package?? their downpipes in the K3 package are true turbo back bridgepipes/downpipes unlike what ams and renntech uses.

plus the ams and renntech pipes only add like 10 hp, which is basically just a cat delete. the Kleemann pipes add 70 hp and over 100 lbft from just that mod alone.

its the one im going with.
Know of anyone running them?
data on them?
anything?

am curious u see
Old 08-23-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
Originally Posted by Zod
Know of anyone running them?
data on them?
anything?

am curious u see
yes Goletiani has it. and their are dynos on their website i think. plus they are a reputable company.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:50 PM

E63, 190e, s400
contact weistec they have an upgraded turbo kit that blows doors off 911 turbos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMS Alpha 9 or RENNtech Stage II