Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 AMG Wagon software updates

Old 09-27-2015, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 AMG 63S wagon
2015 AMG Wagon software updates

I am sorry for the double post...but found the right place
I just bought a brand new S63 Wagon and I was wandering if any of you could help me with getting a list of software updates I need to ask for and what the software resolves.
It is my first MB and I am used to Audi and Porsche treatment which they always sell me cars with the latest updates, maybe because I buy a lot from them, and their service techs have no issues to showing me what is installed in my car and what is available.
My transmission (hesitation when starting) and suspension sometimes too stiff sometimes too soft at the same setting) are not consistent and I am tired of going to the dealer 4 times now for the tech to tell me that he does not feel the hesitation/vibration and how the suspension changes as you drive from stiff as a rock to soft like and old Citroen 2CV.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I would love to keep buying AMGs but I don't appreciate to spend more time at the dealer than driving my car.
Thank you!
Old 09-27-2015, 08:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,320 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
The hesitation is normal, you're gunna have to get used to it

Not saying that I like it, but it's here to stay

By s63 wagon I presume you mean the euro interpretation of s63 sedan....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...-annoying.html

Last edited by PeterUbers; 09-27-2015 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:18 PM

2015 AMG 63S wagon
Really!? A $145k "race" car and hesitation on the transmission? What about the suspension? The shifting delay for heaven's sake...it is like a phone call from NZ to the US in the 80s! helloooooooo............How areeeeeeee youuuuuuuuu......5-10 seconds later Hiiiiiii....I am doiiiiiiinggggg weeeeellllll! LOL
Do you know what is the latest on the maps?

Seriously, am I suck with it? MB will not release a software update for it?
Old 09-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Sorry to break your heart. Not trying to be rude, but did you test drive the car at all or with any length of time before you purchased it? Once you are rolling, there should not be a throttle delay. Most sports cars never come to a complete stop during a race unless they're coming to a pitstop.

The suspension is another issue entirely, I'm not exactly sure I know exactly what you are talking about in terms of what the problem is. My airmatic works flawlessly on my 63

The maps are re issued annually, should be an easy update
Old 09-27-2015, 09:07 PM

2015 AMG 63S wagon
You are not being rude, I did take the car for a test drive 5 miles, but the sales guy would not let me do anything as it was not broken in, which is understandable.

This is "race" car street legal, which means it is to be used also as a daily driver, which this is why I bought the AMG for. It is supposed to be the MB's Pride and shining star why not fix the issues and sell a brand new car with the latest updates and make your customer that just spent a boat load of $ to go back to the dealer multiple times when they have all the updates available at the time of the sale?

To me it is like your doctor saying I knew you had a bad heart, but since you did not complain so I did not take care of it....
Old 09-27-2015, 09:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by astolfor
You are not being rude, I did take the car for a test drive 5 miles, but the sales guy would not let me do anything as it was not broken in, which is understandable.

This is "race" car street legal, which means it is to be used also as a daily driver, which this is why I bought the AMG for. It is supposed to be the MB's Pride and shining star why not fix the issues and sell a brand new car with the latest updates and make your customer that just spent a boat load of $ to go back to the dealer multiple times when they have all the updates available at the time of the sale?

To me it is like your doctor saying I knew you had a bad heart, but since you did not complain so I did not take care of it....
Trust me buddy, I started the thread about how ridiculous that throttle lag is and for how expensive this car is I completely and wholeheartedly agree with you. Unfortunately it's something that I've quite become accustomed to likely to the point where I don't even notice it anymore.

I hear you about sales people not letting you take their higher end cars for a true spirited test drive.

If this never gets fixed, will this be a make or break for you and will you unload the car?
Old 09-27-2015, 11:08 PM

2015 AMG 63S wagon
If MB does not step up and fix the problems in my car you bet I will sell the car and never buy a MB again. Would you give that kind of money to anyone again that does not deliver and does not value your time?

There is Nothing more that I would like that fall in love with this car (if $145K is not enough to show that, then what else MB or anyone else could possibly want?) but we are diverging from what I want to know.

What software updates do I need for my car to deliver and me not having to spend my valuable time on the dealer, for the dealer to keep my car for days, use all my gas, send me off in a loaner ask me to fill their gas tank, to then send me home with nothing more than "sorry we did not find anything wrong with it" or like in the case of the cameras not working "you did not say exactly that the cameras were not working, you said and showed us a video of the screen going blank which in MB's mid is very different" it took me 3 trips a 5 days without the car for them to finally upgrade the software and fix the issue.

A list of current software updates would help me to go to the dealer and say please fix this and this so i do not have to spend hours and days without my car.

I hope people here do have some type of my dealer upgraded the code on this and fixed this problem.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that when the suspension goes in not give at all (like a car without shocks) if i hit a bump the transmission goes into neutral. I can't reproduce this at will, and a video was not good enough..

Anyways if anyone has had a problem fixed with a software update if would be helpful.

Thanks I do not want to be a newbie and be an *** just want my AMG to be fun, German fun!
Old 09-28-2015, 12:26 PM

2015 AMG E63S 212
Throttle lag is much less with S or S+ setting, but there is some. I recently drove a selection of AMG's at the AMG Academy. They all had (except for the AMG GTS) a lag, be it throttle or turbo. Standing starts (drag racing) resulted in some lag, which could be minimized by two footing, but otherwise..... Have you played around with various combinations of settings? How long have you had the wagon (a wagon, really)? Where do you race it? Maybe you can get an MB handicap! Every time I hammer it, my wagon is like a video game on steroids. My teeth hurt, my wife screams, my neighbors complain. What's wrong with that? Jeez, a wagon not supposed to do that.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

My friend

Please review this link brought to you by one of the greatest members of this forum

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...tins-date.html
Old 10-02-2015, 07:04 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'16 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by grimesch
Throttle lag is much less with S or S+ setting, but there is some. I recently drove a selection of AMG's at the AMG Academy. They all had (except for the AMG GTS) a lag, be it throttle or turbo. Standing starts (drag racing) resulted in some lag, which could be minimized by two footing, but otherwise..... Have you played around with various combinations of settings? How long have you had the wagon (a wagon, really)? Where do you race it? Maybe you can get an MB handicap! Every time I hammer it, my wagon is like a video game on steroids. My teeth hurt, my wife screams, my neighbors complain. What's wrong with that? Jeez, a wagon not supposed to do that.
I LOVE my wagon - '16 w/ 3,000 miles in three weeks. Getting used to lag. Not as bad as a '89 930 Porsche....
Old 10-02-2015, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Get an ECU tune and you'll forget about all concerns over lag
Old 10-03-2015, 11:19 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by JoeNobody
Get an ECU tune and you'll forget about all concerns over lag

Ask the peeps with the tune the "lag" is still there

And people are talking about two different "lags"
- the one I'm talking about is the disconnect between pedal and throttle response
- other may be referring to turbo lag

The tune does nothing much from reports for the throttle lag
Old 10-03-2015, 11:20 AM

2015 AMG 63S wagon
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
My friend

Please review this link brought to you by one of the greatest members of this forum

https://mbworld.org/forums/new-s-cla...tins-date.html
thanks!
Old 10-03-2015, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Ask the peeps with the tune the "lag" is still there
Lag is still there, but with 600whp and 700wtq I would gladly live with a little throttle/turbo lag to have some truly absurd power.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by JoeNobody
Lag is still there, but with 600whp and 700wtq I would gladly live with a little throttle/turbo lag to have some truly absurd power.
Amen, just wish it wasn't such a warranty issue