W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

How much to offer? 2012 E63AMG

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None
How much to offer? 2012 E63AMG

I saw this car on craigslist and am thinking about contacting the seller tomorrow but the price seems very high for a 2012. It does appear to have a few of the rarer options, carbon ceramics, night vision and designo mystic red leather.

The current owner also claims it has a warranty until 2019 and the next to services are paid for as well.

I am new to MB AMGs and any pricing guidance would be helpful.

Here is the content of the ad:

Highly optioned 2-owner '12 E63 for sale. Just 48k miles. Extended Mercedes/MB USA factory warranty through 2019. Prepaid dealer service (2 more 10k mile full services left). Tire and wheel replacement package thru 2019. Adult owned. Showroom, immaculate condition. Zero curb rash anywhere, no fades, mint interior, pristine car! Never raced, modded, launched or abused in any way. Freeway miles only. Not driven in town. Exclusively dealer serviced, purchased from original owner through Stevens Creek Mercedes in April 2015.

Fully loaded:
-Palladium Silver
-Clear Bra
-Designo Mystic Red premium Nappa leather (Oxblood color - this interior is spectacular)
-Twin turbocharged V8
-P-30 performance package 550hp, limited slip, delimited top speed governor
-Carbon ceramic race brakes w/metallic orange 6-piston calipers. Good brake life left
-Premium twin spoke 19" alloys (tire & wheel replacement package thru '19)
-Factory Pirelli tires - approx 10k miles left on tires
-Night vision
-Distronic and Lane assist
-Factory carbon rear spoiler
-Piano black lacquer console
-Entertainment package - USB, Bluetooth, Navi, hands free voice command etc.

Recent dealer services for known issues: sunroof bolts torqued (no cracking sounds over transitions anymore), front shock tower tops replaced, O2 sensors replaced.

Price: $59k firm. No trades. You deserve this car. Finest, cleanest, most highly optioned '12 E63 you will ever find. Period. Factory warranty protection for extra peace of mind. Warranty alone was $5,800 plus other packages like tire & wheel protection, pre paid service etc. Original sticker was $128,800.00

This car hauls major *** and looks really good doing it.

Willing to have car completely gone thru at your mechanic or a local MB dealer.

Given the new body style is out, and this is a pre facelift and pre awd is this way to much for this car?

I believe it is California only car.

Thank you so much for your help and have nice day.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 68 Likes on 55 Posts
2011 E63, 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 v8, 2013 GMC Denali XL, 1965 Ford Mustang, 2005 Merc. E500
I note that you said you are new to AMG. FYI a front brake job including 2 new OEM rotors and pads can cost well over $4000.00 U.S. dollars. The car looks great and it does have all the bells and whistles.
The following users liked this post:
larrywong (10-09-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:47 PM

None
Originally Posted by homeofstone
I note that you said you are new to AMG. FYI a front brake job including 2 new OEM rotors and pads can cost well over $4000.00 U.S. dollars. The car looks great and it does have all the bells and whistles.
Good to know, thank you for that. I was planning $5k for the front brakes. What do you think of price for this car? Do you think it is fair?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Highly optioned 2-owner '12 E63 for sale. Just 48k miles. Extended Mercedes/MB USA factory warranty through 2019. Prepaid dealer service (2 more 10k mile full services left). Tire and wheel replacement package thru 2019. Adult owned. Showroom, immaculate condition. Zero curb rash anywhere, no fades, mint interior, pristine car! Never raced, modded, launched or abused in any way. Freeway miles only. Not driven in town. Exclusively dealer serviced, purchased from original owner through Stevens Creek Mercedes in April 2015.

Fully loaded:
-Palladium Silver
-Clear Bra
-Designo Mystic Red premium Nappa leather (Oxblood color - this interior is spectacular)
-Twin turbocharged V8
-P-30 performance package 550hp, limited slip, delimited top speed governor
-Carbon ceramic race brakes w/metallic orange 6-piston calipers. Good brake life left
-Premium twin spoke 19" alloys (tire & wheel replacement package thru '19)
-Factory Pirelli tires - approx 10k miles left on tires
-Night vision
-Distronic and Lane assist
-Factory carbon rear spoiler
-Piano black lacquer console
-Entertainment package - USB, Bluetooth, Navi, hands free voice command etc.

Recent dealer services for known issues: sunroof bolts torqued (no cracking sounds over transitions anymore), front shock tower tops replaced, O2 sensors replaced.

Price: $59k firm. No trades. You deserve this car Mr.Larry Wong, Finest, cleanest, most highly optioned '12 E63 you will ever find. Period. Factory warranty protection for extra peace of mind. Warranty alone was $5,800 plus other packages like tire & wheel protection, pre paid service etc. Original sticker was $128,800.00

Dude, you were mentioned in the for sale add, what more do you need to know? Its a pretty straight forward sign that this car was meant for you!
Old 10-10-2016, 12:39 AM

None
Originally Posted by kustom2k1

Price: $59k firm. No trades. You deserve this car Mr.Larry Wong, Finest, cleanest, most highly optioned '12 E63 you will ever find. Period. Factory warranty protection for extra peace of mind. Warranty alone was $5,800 plus other packages like tire & wheel protection, pre paid service etc. Original sticker was $128,800.00

Dude, you were mentioned in the for sale add, what more do you need to know? Its a pretty straight forward sign that this car was meant for you!
I don't understand, my name was not in the ad, and it was not in what I posted.

Why did you add it and quote it? I am trying to ask for community support assistance in pricing this vehicle. Are you making fun of my English because it was not my first language?

Sorry.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
I think he was trying to be funny, as if the car/ad was calling you to get it and enjoy it.

As for the price, it seems to be a bit high for that mileage and year. Although if the remaining warranty and maintenance is true, it may be worth it. You have to ask yourself what are the options you must have and what options you are willing to pay a premium for so you can truly compare some of the cheaper offerings. This car seems to have every option available.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:15 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
Car free at the moment
Originally Posted by larrywong
Good to know, thank you for that. I was planning $5k for the front brakes. What do you think of price for this car? Do you think it is fair?
I believe the carbon ceramic brakes are substantially more expensive to replace than the number you've quoted above. You're in the right range for a 4 wheel brake job on a car with conventional steel rotors. The ccb option is priced at $12.5k on this car. If you ever have to replace the carbon rotors - and you may not - my expectation is that you'll be looking at a bill in the low five figures.

You can use Google to find some discussions of ccb pricing and performance at mbworld and elsewhere.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Price is too high by almost 10K (5-10k) even with those options. CCB brakes cannot be added to the cost of the car like an option when you buy new. Also, replacement is not the same as option price especially with aftermarket support. Or just change pads frequently and you do not have to worry about rotor costs for well over 100k miles
Old 10-10-2016, 09:38 AM
AG6

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
13 GL550
The carbon ceramic is what's adding cost. A non ccb will be lower
Old 10-10-2016, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Bi-Turbo, C63, F430
Funny waking up and seeing this thread.

I went and looked at the car yesterday. It is beautiful. The brakes have me concerned as well ( https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...cost-life.html ).

He is not flexible on the price as he has 20k in warranty and maintenance plans and such added onto the car and is taking a large hit from when he purchased it. Other than a pretty hefty rock dent on the front nose into the clear bra the car is pretty much perfect.

I was pretty much ready to buy it yesterday from him, however we couldn't because he has a loan on the car. After spending the evening looking at other cars on the internet in that price range I am finding at 62k you can touch the new body style with AWD.
Old 10-10-2016, 10:46 AM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2012 E63
front and rear PARTS only for a CCB brake job (quoted from Oakland MB) is $11k (4 rotors 2 sets of pads).
Old 10-10-2016, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
I'll take the AWD for 5-7k more IMO. Yes I was INSISTENT on having RWD. Now that I've had it for a while now, it's not all its cracked up to be with about 800TQ at the engine.

You will be spending 3500-4000 to get the cooling system to equal that of the 2014 models (just a FYI). Yes idle that thing for 15 mins (or stop and go traffic for that long) and you will definitely feel missing HP without the cooling upgrade

Last edited by kponti; 10-10-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2016, 01:33 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
2012 E63
Buy mine http://imotor.io/52hap
Old 10-10-2016, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
If it is true that those miles have been mostly highway miles then there should be plenty of life left in the CCB. All you need are the pads, at most. Remember CCB is supposed to last the life of the car unless you track it.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My other car drives itself

http://www.cars925.com/vehicle-detai...74cc688906f35/

So here's a little perspective. I picked this up last Saturday.

Its a one owner CA car, CPO'd, P030 Performance Package with Dynamic Seats, Night Vision, etc, but no CCBs (Did not want them) and no Driver Assistance Package (Don't care). Had to have RWD, because Hooning.
It has a full service history and no accident history.
It needed a new battery (had the original) and a driver's window button as the paint wore off. Other than that, its flawless.
I paid $53990 and from what I've seen, wagons command more money than sedans.

I've already removed the rear and side badges, and ordered a Non-Darth Vader grill.

As for what you are looking at... The one thing that stands out to me is this statement, "Never raced, modded, launched or abused in any way. Freeway miles only. Not driven in town." So... It's never been raced? Ever? Not once? Really? And does the guy like... live on the freeway or something?

With all that being said, I have two good friends that I've known for over 25 years that are both Mercedes Benz Master Guild Technicians and have both opened their own independent shops. Both of them tell me that these cars really do need to been driven hard. They are designed to be used to their full potential and can suffer issues if don't really get driven. You'd be amazed how many people buy the car for the badge image and just use it to drive around to pose. Those are the cars you don't want.

This one looks like a better deal. http://imotor.io/52hap

Last edited by csebern; 10-11-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63 Bi-Turbo, C63, F430
Originally Posted by csebern

http://www.cars925.com/vehicle-detai...74cc688906f35/

So here's a little perspective. I picked this up last Saturday.

Its a one owner CA car, CPO'd, P030 Performance Package with Dynamic Seats, Night Vision, etc, but no CCBs (Did not want them) and no Driver Assistance Package (Don't care). Had to have RWD, because Hooning.
It has a full service history and no accident history.
It needed a new battery (had the original) and a driver's window button as the paint wore off. Other than that, its flawless.
I paid $53990 and from what I've seen, wagons command more money than sedans.

I've already removed the rear and side badges, and ordered a Non-Darth Vader grill.

As for what you are looking at... The one thing that stands out to me is this statement, "Never raced, modded, launched or abused in any way. Freeway miles only. Not driven in town." So... It's never been raced? Ever? Not once? Really? And does the guy like... live on the freeway or something?

With all that being said, I have two good friends that I've known for over 25 years that are both Mercedes Benz Master Guild Technicians and have both opened their own independent shops. Both of them tell me that these cars really do need to been driven hard. They are designed to be used to their full potential and can suffer issues if don't really get driven. You'd be amazed how many people buy the car for the badge image and just use it to drive around to pose. Those are the cars you don't want.

This one looks like a better deal. http://imotor.io/52hap
OMFG I am so jealous, I really would love to find a wagon. I find most wagons in the bay area are commanding 10-15k over sedan pricing. Jesus you stole that.

If you have buyer remorse let me know.

Fawk that is beautiful.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,506 Likes on 1,177 Posts
2008 E350 4Matic, 2011 E350 4matic
This was a good deal on a 2012 E63 for $45k with the performance package.

Too bad he traded it in.

https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...23k-miles.html