Eurocharged W212 Wagon - First impressions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 E63 Wagon
Eurocharged W212 Wagon - First impressions

Hi All,

I got my ECU back from Eurocharged on Friday last week and wanted to drive a few times to really give some feedback. Here's what I got:

First the process/work itself:
1) The turn around time at EC is incredible. I sent them my ECU, it was delivered at 10AM, they had it back in the mail by 4.

2) They answered all my questions (stupid or not) promptly and were easy to work with

3) I can't really tell that the ECU has been modded. There isn't a giant hole that's been painted over etc.

4) Removing the ECU takes about 2 minutes. Seriously...don't let the work deter you.

The Tune:
1) The transmission is slightly rougher than my recently adapted car. I know this sounds weird, but I'd say general shifting seems harder? It's still significantly better to my prior to adaptation shifting, but not quite as smooth. I've had a few harsh shifts but in the end...meh. Don't care.

2) The paddles oddly feel more responsive? This might be my imagination...still, using sport and sport+ as per usual yield the best results

3) The car is notably faster now when you step on it. There is no question it's been tuned. You aren't scratching your head going "hmm...I think I make more power" like when you added a K&N filter back in the day and lie to yourself. 1st gear pulls really really hard and it shifts and then seems to lose some traction going into 2nd (again, awesome). Did any of you play Grna Turismo? remember in the high HP cars when you were at the top of 1st or 2nd and it kind of revved up and down around 4500-5k and made weird noises but your mph kept going up. It's kind of like that? Maybe my cold weather, wet roads just added to this affect but at redline the car behaves VERY differently. I love that I'm finally clawing for traction though. stock non-S just didn't have the juice for me.

4) elaborating on point 3...the car actually feels a bit scary now when you're driving it. It gives you that feeling of "man, maybe I shouldn't be doing this" when you mash the gas

5) day to day drive-ability honestly feels the same. If you're under 2.5k RPM or gently running it to 3.5k, it's really similar. I actually don't drive around constantly at WOT or anything, but it's nice to know the extra shove is behind you when you decide to put your foot down.

6) My one "wtf" moment was that after the tune, when redlining 3rd gear going into 4th ONLY in S+, the car blew out some white smoke during the shift. No warning lights, stutters or issues. Jerry from EC got back to me quickly and said that it's probably blowing out old built up junk from the exhaust, which interestingly one of my mechanic friend with a 600 whp lotus thought also. no other smoke or issues, so I'll monitor this and do a few more runs to see how consistent it is.

As for my warranty? Who knows, it's done in December anyway
The following 2 users liked this post by ajs76:
Amg63- (03-27-2017), ymesq (04-15-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
Awesome review, i have the same tune and agree with all your points.

Do you find the car to drive faster in S or S+ or are you usually paddle shifting it?

You got the stage 2 file right?

Last edited by Amg63-; 03-27-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E63
"like when you added a K&N filter back in the day and lie to yourself."

hahahahahha
Old 03-27-2017, 04:09 PM
SPONSOR

Received 129 Likes on 92 Posts
C63S
Hey Allen,

Try disconnecting your battery overnight to clear adaptations. (:
Wagons!

-Tiff
Old 03-27-2017, 04:16 PM

2013 E63
What's an adaption?
Old 03-27-2017, 04:19 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by Ag Surfer
What's an adaption?
The way your car adapts to the way you drive. (:
Old 03-27-2017, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by sales@eurocharged.com
Hey Allen,

Try disconnecting your battery overnight to clear adaptations. (:
Wagons!

-Tiff
^^^This! HUGE difference in the way the trans shifts and behaves. The "sneaky reset" does nothing for my car.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:24 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 E63 Wagon
@AMG63 - I'm actually not sure what stage I have. I didn't ask for a wussy version or anything, but I also didn't do downpipes. Tiff has a wagon fetish so maybe she can answer

Also, S+ feels faster but that might just be placebo effect or throttle response.

@Tiff - I liked my adaptation though! The dealer did something magical to make it more smooth, but honestly, not sure with the additional power how much smoother it could be. I'll take the devil I know. For those that were unhappy with the transmission shifting though, I'd say disconnect it because you don't have much to lose.

@Silver Surfer

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...g-adapted.html
The following users liked this post:
sales@eurocharged.com (03-28-2017)
Old 03-27-2017, 05:15 PM

2013 E63

Can I do this myself by disconnecting the battery? Or is that only for clearing said adaptions?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:15 PM

2013 E63
Originally Posted by ajs76

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2017, 03:33 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Originally Posted by ajs76
@AMG63 - I'm actually not sure what stage I have. I didn't ask for a wussy version or anything, but I also didn't do downpipes. Tiff has a wagon fetish so maybe she can answer

Also, S+ feels faster but that might just be placebo effect or throttle response.

@Tiff - I liked my adaptation though! The dealer did something magical to make it more smooth, but honestly, not sure with the additional power how much smoother it could be. I'll take the devil I know. For those that were unhappy with the transmission shifting though, I'd say disconnect it because you don't have much to lose.

@Silver Surfer

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...g-adapted.html
Thanks, call me out why don't ya haha. Wagons are just awesome!

We do not have different "stages" of tunes. Our stages refer to tune, tune and downpipes, or tune, downpipes, and upgraded turbo, etc. Allen has our most up to date tune and any of his special requests added, if any. We tune for your mods, the octane of fuel you use, and elevation. Sometimes we have customers that know what AFR they want and so forth, so that would be considered a "special request".

-Tiff
Old 03-28-2017, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts
CLS63 AMG
So what does this mean?

http://eurocharged.ca/product/biturbo-m157-performance-engine-software-00_m157-tune_tt-2/

and

http://eurocharged.ca/product/biturbo-m157-stage2-performance-engine-software-m157-tune-tt-2/
Old 03-28-2017, 04:06 PM
SPONSOR

C63S
Eurocharged Canada is special, they have their own website.

We're franchises, so I'm not sure what all of that means.

-Tiff
The following users liked this post:
Amg63- (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:27 PM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
?
MCT adaptation is done by the dealer is an alignment of the gears, and will not be erased by disconnecting the battery.

Driving dynamics, which among other things like suspension and driving habits can be reset by disconnecting the battery.

2 very different things