W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watermeth location that works for the m157

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 04:18 PM

Received 465 Likes on 205 Posts
2007 e350 sport. 2010 350 4matic sport. Worlds first W212 E63R self built.
Originally Posted by Pitbill
No, not a universal kit. I measured and ordered the stainless hoses built to size with only the holders included. Nozzles are not available at all right now through them.

perfect that's the best way
Old 09-22-2022, 12:09 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2013 CLS63
Originally Posted by Silver06hemic
Hey guys... I'm a little late here but looking for some info!

So I'm running a 13 GL550 with M157 turbos, VRP BOV, 1 stage cooler plugs, filters with spacers, custom intake tubes, full 63 AMG exhaust, Weistec trans pan, Weistec trans tune, custom Weistec ECU tune, snow performance WMI with dual nozzle dash adjusted controller.

So now that's out of the way... I have my WMI installed in the pre-tapped location on the tubes by the BOV just before intercooler... Car runs quicker without WMI on as I feel like it's puddling in the intake and the car is snorting a bit from time to time. Don't get me wrong the girl is quick running low 12's without too much torment I'm Florida 100deg heat but I know thos WMI has more to offer. So if I'm reading right I'm moving my nozzles pre turbo and switching to number 8 nozzles (500ml or cc)... I think I understand the locations, but tapping will be a pain. 🤦 I'm running boost juice right now but should I be spraying 80/20 meth/water or 100 meth? Also any ideas on the on settings or ramp amounts I should be looking at? I'm seeing in close to 30psi right now and the engine is happy by the logs... Just like the extra cooling and added nudge in hp of water meth (I run it on my dodge diesel right now too)... Just want to get it right!

Appreciate your knowledge!
Ok there’s a lot going on here, first off the location you’re spraying if exactly like Weistec right before the intercooler will net little to no gains as you may be right it is puddling as a member in here has confirmed no gains from that kit. Second… lose the boost juice run 80/20 or 100% m1 for best results “AFTER” relocating nozzles pre turbo.

Devils Own has a good selection for nozzles, lines fittings etc. similar to Prometh with out the wait. It literally took me 7ish weeks for Prometh nozzles to get to me they’re getting so far behind.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL550, M157 turbos, VRP BOV, Water/Meth, downpipes, AMG Catback, Custom Weistec Tune, Trans Tune & P
Excellent... so I'm ordering the correct nozzles for 700cc (believe it's a #8 through snow performance)... I do have the cheap nylon hoses... however I will swap for braided once my bank balance catches back up a bit! What mix do you think is right for now? 80/20?

Really appreciate the knowledge!
Old 11-03-2022, 09:46 PM

GL550, M157 turbos, VRP BOV, Water/Meth, downpipes, AMG Catback, Custom Weistec Tune, Trans Tune & P
Sorry... double post!

Last edited by Silver06hemic; 11-03-2022 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Double Post...
Old 11-03-2022, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by S63BenzO
Ok there’s a lot going on here, first off the location you’re spraying if exactly like Weistec right before the intercooler will net little to no gains as you may be right it is puddling as a member in here has confirmed no gains from that kit. Second… lose the boost juice run 80/20 or 100% m1 for best results “AFTER” relocating nozzles pre turbo.

Devils Own has a good selection for nozzles, lines fittings etc. similar to Prometh with out the wait. It literally took me 7ish weeks for Prometh nozzles to get to me they’re getting so far behind.
Fantastic info... you answered one of my questions on point! 80/20 it is... I am switching nozzle locations to pre-turbo and jumping to 700cc nozzles... I'm really hoping I feel a bit of meth benefit as I feel that right now it is a waste as is... the fact the Weistec positioning is the issue makes me feel better about the purchase!

I run watermeth on my cummins Ram and it makes a noticeable difference in cooling and power... I was shocked that it did the opposite on my GL but the puddling issue makes sense once I found this thread!

Next I have to figure out if my tune is right as I really feel like I'm leaving power on the table right now and I suspect a tuning issue may be the culprit...I feel no change in shifts after a weistec transmission tune and my engine tune feels like it backs off and I suspect I'm finding my tq limits (even though they were supposed to be raised)... but that's a whole other ball of wax!
Old 11-03-2022, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Cifdig
That said use 700cc .
[/QUOTE]

Would 750cc or 630cc be a better choice? I have those two options through snow.... Cheers!
Old 11-03-2022, 11:59 PM

What's type of boost are you running? . What's your current 60-130 and I know your quarter is in the 12 you said. I say run 750cc. Because your gonna lose pressure with the lines, check valves etc. and that 750 will be about 675 when it comes out the nozzle . And I recommend 100% methanol . It will give you the best gains . The cooling difference swapping the 20% water for meth is almost non existent. So it's best to stay with pure meth . You will net your best results with meth. Time after time everyone who switched to pure meth stays that way.

Last edited by Cifdig; 11-04-2022 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:21 PM

What's type of boost are you running? . What's your current 60-130 and I know your quarter is in the 12 you said. I say run 750cc. Because your gonna lose pressure with the lines, check valves etc. and that 750 will be about 675 when it comes out the nozzle . And I recommend 100% methanol . It will give you the best gains . The cooling difference swapping the 20% water for meth is almost non existent. So it's best to stay with pure meth . You will net your best results with meth. Time after time everyone who switched to pure meth stays that way.
I am not sure on boost but I will find out... I do not have a gauge but my Snow kit monitors boost (however I bet not accurately)... I'll take the car out this weekend and run a 60-130 on dragy... I'm ranging 12.2-12.4 on dragy for 1/4 mile. No meth... She's a heavy gal or I'm sure she would do better... car is custom tuned by a local Weistec dealer who did revisions through Weistec... The transmission is tuned as well... Not that I feel much difference there for the money at all... He said it's because it is not the 'new' 7 speed it's the slower shifting converter car.

I will order 750's as I imagine they will take awhile and I'll source some braided lines as well.

Spent a small fortune on the car... I'm happy with it, but honestly expected more. The car ran a solid 13.1 on just a renntech tune (still have the module for it)... I did downpipes, full exhaust, bigger charge pipes, bigger intake pipes, M157 turbos, cooler plugs, dual nozzle water meth, bigger coolant pump on the secondary cooling, filters, filter spacers, transmission tune and a custom engine tune and dropped less than a second... Guess I just felt I would get a little more bang from her... Maybe this water meth move will help it. 🤷
Old 11-05-2022, 02:02 PM

I am not sure on boost but I will find out... I do not have a gauge but my Snow kit monitors boost (however I bet not accurately)... I'll take the car out this weekend and run a 60-130 on dragy... I'm ranging 12.2-12.4 on dragy for 1/4 mile. No meth... She's a heavy gal or I'm sure she would do better... car is custom tuned by a local Weistec dealer who did revisions through Weistec... The transmission is tuned as well... Not that I feel much difference there for the money at all... He said it's because it is not the 'new' 7 speed it's the slower shifting converter car.

I will order 750's as I imagine they will take awhile and I'll source some braided lines as well.

Spent a small fortune on the car... I'm happy with it, but honestly expected more. The car ran a solid 13.1 on just a renntech tune (still have the module for it)... I did downpipes, full exhaust, bigger charge pipes, bigger intake pipes, M157 turbos, cooler plugs, dual nozzle water meth, bigger coolant pump on the secondary cooling, filters, filter spacers, transmission tune and a custom engine tune and dropped less than a second... Guess I just felt I would get a little more bang from her... Maybe this water meth move will help it. 🤷
keep us posted on your gains . She sounds like a beast.
Old 11-05-2022, 06:55 PM

keep us posted on your gains . She sounds like a beast.
I will do buddy... I appreciate all the knowledge on here!

What methanol should I buy for it? I have always bought boost juice so I'm trying to figure out what I should be ordering... found some 99.9% pure stuff... would that be the best bet?

Thanks again for the advice!

Old 11-08-2022, 12:57 PM

I will do buddy... I appreciate all the knowledge on here!

What methanol should I buy for it? I have always bought boost juice so I'm trying to figure out what I should be ordering... found some 99.9% pure stuff... would that be the best bet?

Thanks again for the advice!
stay away from boost juice . Most that run it have or are converting to pure meth . It's by far the best bet if and only of your lines are braided inside the engine bay . . You get you beat power gain from pure meth . I use vp M1
Old 08-16-2023, 07:40 PM

stay away from boost juice . Most that run it have or are converting to pure meth . It's by far the best bet if and only of your lines are braided inside the engine bay . . You get you beat power gain from pure meth . I use vp M1
Hello all!

Right an update from almost a year ago...

Figured out what my problems were... In tank pump was running out of fuel, swapped for a M157 pump, partial solved issue. New High Pressure pumps and finally the car is making power with no feel of falling off or jerking going on... logs are good.

Next, took the advice, switched to braided lines, 750cc nozzles and i'm injecting pre-turbo... start flow at 7psi and ramp to 100% at 17psi... I typically see in 17-20ish psi on a long pull, boost seems lower than I thought would achieve on swapped turbos but maybe that's a tune issue... however... gotta say... wowza... that pre-turbo injection is the truth! No dragy results yet but seat of the pants this thing is night and day different. Took the car to the shop and watched my buddies 5.0 mustang slowly walk away on a 60 roll... not coming home... 50-120 I put a half car on him, so this thing is absolutely a different animal.

So impressed! Cifdig... you are the man for this info... you changed this car for real! I thank you to no end... I'm on 50/50 meth/water right now and as the tank runs dry I'll up to to 100% meth as advised...

I'll post some dragy results in the upcoming weeks. This car would fight it's way to 12.2 going into the shop, coming out it put a half car on a car I have watched go 11.9's... that gives me some serious hope for this 5500lb monster!

Thanks again!

The following users liked this post:
Siegmann (08-16-2023)
Old 08-16-2023, 09:26 PM

Hello all!

Right an update from almost a year ago...

Figured out what my problems were... In tank pump was running out of fuel, swapped for a M157 pump, partial solved issue. New High Pressure pumps and finally the car is making power with no feel of falling off or jerking going on... logs are good.

Next, took the advice, switched to braided lines, 750cc nozzles and i'm injecting pre-turbo... start flow at 7psi and ramp to 100% at 17psi... I typically see in 17-20ish psi on a long pull, boost seems lower than I thought would achieve on swapped turbos but maybe that's a tune issue... however... gotta say... wowza... that pre-turbo injection is the truth! No dragy results yet but seat of the pants this thing is night and day different. Took the car to the shop and watched my buddies 5.0 mustang slowly walk away on a 60 roll... not coming home... 50-120 I put a half car on him, so this thing is absolutely a different animal.

So impressed! Cifdig... you are the man for this info... you changed this car for real! I thank you to no end... I'm on 50/50 meth/water right now and as the tank runs dry I'll up to to 100% meth as advised...

I'll post some dragy results in the upcoming weeks. This car would fight it's way to 12.2 going into the shop, coming out it put a half car on a car I have watched go 11.9's... that gives me some serious hope for this 5500lb monster!

Thanks again!

amazing!!!! Add 100% meth and your gonna be absolutely faster no question . The water actually slows you down . The pure meth may actually increase boost . But don't worry about zthe boost target . The turbos are running more efficient needing less boost to achieve the same power output . That's means the car is overall more efficient
Old 12-30-2023, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,195 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
I've used WMI previously on VWs and Audis, but primarily for cooling purposes. I honestly never noticed an increase with those cars (1.8T engines). And I probably didn't have it set up right as I was spraying after the throttle body. Spraying between the IC and TB caused some of the liquid to infiltrate the electronics of the TB, leading to failure. Never tried pre-turbo. And, I tapped into the washer fluid tank and ran -20°F washer fluid, which is supposed to be around 50/50 mix. Maybe I should have tried pre-turbo.

So, now I'm pondering what I want to do with my SL400. I already have a tune that added ~90hp over the stock engine, and pulled the plug on the oil pump solenoid, which added smoothness to the tune. I may have missed it in the discussion, but where did everyone tap into the electrical circuit for the progressive water injection?

Interesting, AEM states the nozzle should be placed after the IC and before the throttle body. They also recommend to use a 50/50 mix and state never to use more than 50% methanol. I know that is contrary to what has been stated on this thread.

AEM strongly recommends that users never exceed a 50% methanol concentration when using any AEM Water Methanol system or component. All AEM water/methanol injection systems and components (pump, lines, fittings, filter, flow sensor, tank, and nozzles) are 100% chemically compatible with methanol. However, for safety reasons we strongly recommend that users never use more than a 50% methanol concentration in our systems. Methanol is a toxic and highly flammable chemical. 100% Methanol ignites easily and burns vigorously with an almost undetectable flame. Methanol can be absorbed through the skin and even small amounts can cause blindness or even death. Using this fluid at high pressures, without dilution, in an under-hood environment with nylon lines and push-to-connect fittings is very unsafe. The performance advantages of using greater than 50% methanol concentrations are small, if they exist at all. However, the safety issues are very real and far outweigh any perceived benefit of running high concentrations of methanol.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:52 PM

[QUOTE=JettaRed;8900232]I've used WMI previously on VWs and Audis, but primarily for cooling purposes. I honestly never noticed an increase with those cars (1.8T engines). And I probably didn't have it set up right as I was spraying after the throttle body. Spraying between the IC and TB caused some of the liquid to infiltrate the electronics of the TB, leading to failure. Never tried pre-turbo. And, I tapped into the washer fluid tank and ran -20°F washer fluid, which is supposed to be around 50/50 mix. Maybe I should have tried pre-turbo.

So, now I'm pondering what I want to do with my SL400. I already have a tune that added ~90hp over the stock engine, and pulled the plug on the oil pump solenoid, which added smoothness to the tune. I may have missed it in the discussion, but where did everyone tap into the electrical circuit for the progressive water injection?

Interesting, AEM states the nozzle should be placed after the IC and before the throttle body. They also recommend to use a 50/50 mix and state never to use more than 50% methanol. I know that is contrary to what has been stated on this thread.

My advice is to ignore AEM instructions as that is for beginners that do not have another source of information for a more professional style setup or suggestions, which you have here in this thread., read through the tread and use what you find and implement that to your setup . Multiple locations that all work well some locations better then others , but regardless of location which is going to be a preference for your specific setup, using the correct amount, using pure meth and using quality material is what we all have in common which is why we all see results in some form. Do not use window washer fluid, that's a cheap alternative, it is not 50/50 and the dye will actually bond and cake in some areas destroying sensors. Use pure meth. Or at minimum use a mix you personally can make use distilled water. But know that water will not add power and will slow you down vs pure meth. For your setup I just don't know what's best , as far as , location, amount of meth, how many nozzle etc because you have a v6 . Perhaps someone with a v6 has tested some locations. Perhaps start a thread asking if anyone has experience with meth in your platform. As far as a progessive controller. for the m157 I find it absolutely useless. The difference from 5-30 psi is literally at the block of an eye so it will just cancel out any progressive settings. It's best to pick a psi you want it to turn on fully during WOT.

Last edited by Cifdig; 12-30-2023 at 12:56 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 01:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
@Cifdig Thanks for the input. The blue die from the washer fluid certain did at least stain the nozzles. My setup was Devils Own Stage 2. But I can't seem to find their website anymore.
Old 12-30-2023, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by JettaRed
@Cifdig Thanks for the input. The blue die from the washer fluid certain did at least stain the nozzles. My setup was Devils Own Stage 2. But I can't seem to find their website anymore.

contact ron 1-801-447-2559 from pro methanol injection. Tell him EFrAin has recommended you. He will spend time helping you . You will probably have to start with a dual nozzle universal trunk mounted kit , make sure it's all braided from trunk to engine. The kits I offer are made to suite m157 m278 m177 m178 only. Other wise I'd love to help
Old 12-30-2023, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The Weistec kit for the M276 includes new pipe from what looks like the turbo to the IC. I'm sure it's the premium kit to get, but $2000 is a little rich for me. Their kits for other engines are significantly less.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
gle63s
any suggestions for a stage 2 e50 eurocharged tune, catless downpipes and blackboost intakes gle63s for preturbo? Trying to figure out what to purchase etc. is there a certain kit that everyone is purchasing?
Old 02-20-2024, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by JettaRed
The Weistec kit for the M276 includes new pipe from what looks like the turbo to the IC. I'm sure it's the premium kit to get, but $2000 is a little rich for me. Their kits for other engines are significantly less.

they are not the preferred kit. That kit is actually pretty cheap using nylon lines plastic T's and a pump that's made for 50/50 not even pure meth. And priced as if it's top notch hardware . Your probably paying more for the pipes and surge valve option which is 3500 . You can build your own high quality kit from pro meth which would be a more professional setup , but you will have to tap into your engine. I built and sold many kits I highly recommend using only braided lines and high end hardware on these hot engines.