Received 393 Likes on 284 Posts
E55 C63
M278 M156 intake tubes

M278 Compatible with W207, W212, W218 only

https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/vrp...bes-w212-w207/

Photo By @Ericvss

M156 available in 3" and 3.5"

https://www.vrpspeed.com/product/vrp-m156-intake-tubes/

Last edited by VictoryRoadPerformance; 12-18-2020 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Anyone fitted these on the m157? Would be good to see the parts included in the package
The following users liked this post:
VictoryRoadPerformance (08-12-2019)
Old 08-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
2014 E63S AMG
Originally Posted by Cyclone1
Anyone fitted these on the m157? Would be good to see the parts included in the package
Looks like 4 silicone hoses and 2 metal pipes. Shouldn't be that complicated.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:02 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by brfatal
Looks like 4 silicone hoses and 2 metal pipes. Shouldn't be that complicated.
Yes appreciate that. Was more interested in if the hoses / connectors and even metal pipes are shaped where they connect, or whether they are just round and the hoses are compensating for this in how they connect up the silicone hose and metal pipe. The front intakes have a shaped connection fitment, which makes even fitting the cheap amazon flexi hose a pain.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Originally Posted by Cyclone1
We will take some component photos today.

it is:

2 Aluminum Tubes
4 Custom length Couplers
2 Carbon Fiber/Nylon Composite Inlet adapters. (This is the Bulk of the cost of this Kit) Each Adapter is 28 Hrs of Build time.

The M156 Pieces also Contain:

2 Carbon Fiber/Nylon Composite Airbox adapters (An additional 11 Hrs of build time per side)

Last edited by VictoryRoadPerformance; 08-12-2019 at 10:56 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by VictoryRoadPerformance:
cij911 (08-12-2019), Cyclone1 (08-14-2019), NH_E63 (02-02-2023)
Old 08-14-2019, 11:36 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E63 S-AMG Wagon
Those the 2" or 3" pipes?
Old 08-19-2019, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
ease of removal when needing to do oil change?? or to remove when needing to install new air filters?
Old 08-19-2019, 07:07 AM

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
14 E63, 05 E55, 03 Evo 8, 08 F250, 06 R6R, 92 Talon TSI, and instability
Originally Posted by vdubpower
ease of removal when needing to do oil change?? or to remove when needing to install new air filters?

I'm stumped as to why you'd remove them for an oil change.
OldManAndHisCar (11-08-2023)
Old 08-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
They remove just like stock! pull one side out and they come right off.
Old 08-19-2019, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by WANTED!!
I'm stumped as to why you'd remove them for an oil change.
access to oil filter housing with ease
Old 08-20-2019, 12:17 PM

Received 378 Likes on 263 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
Just ordered a set

Hi all,

Considering the pain of continuously replacing the fabric pipes, and my current unwillingness to “hack” the intake tubes, I have ordered a set so that as a new owner, I am only worrying about this problem one time.

The last fabric tube was broken before my receipt of the car when the last oil job was done. People try to fit tools in the space and any older fabrics start to delaminate then get destroyed with some boost.

I can take some pics if anyone would like.

They should be here some time this week.

Gary
The following 2 users liked this post by Baltistyle:
AMGmann76 (11-15-2023), Siegmann (08-21-2019)
Old 08-20-2019, 01:56 PM

Received 128 Likes on 87 Posts
14 E63, 05 E55, 03 Evo 8, 08 F250, 06 R6R, 92 Talon TSI, and instability
Originally Posted by vdubpower
access to oil filter housing with ease
My bad. Thinking of wrong motor

Last edited by WANTED!!; 08-20-2019 at 01:59 PM.
AMGmann76 (11-15-2023)
Old 09-12-2019, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63

@Ericvss on Instagram Powdercoated his red!

We offer powdercoating aswell!
The following 3 users liked this post by VictoryRoadPerformance:
Cyclone1 (09-13-2019), NH_E63 (02-02-2023), timm206 (09-13-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 08:05 AM

2013 wagon, don’t waste your money

Per my above statement, I got these and the fitment and quality is very poor.

long story short.

The 3D printed “scoop” deforms with heat.

The metal tubes retain massive amounts of heat enhancing the above issue.

The driver side scoop and tube are not shaped properly so the “scoop” bends, and the metal tube will rub on multiple items, a screw and oil pressure tube. Bending plastic because of poor fit with heat applied ensures the product will never fit correctly since now the little “keeper tabs” can’t hold the scoops.

The tubes are not shaped at the correct angle and the silicone hoses CANNOT account for this. The tubes are different lengths, both too short for either side and yes I’m considering the removal process in making a statement on their length.

The silicone hoses without clamps move all around and since the rest of the fit is so poor, the tubes rotate and slide.

I spent more money to put on 8 nice band clamps. These, when tightened only exacerbated the fact that the alighment is wrong.

oh, and no instruction. There would be no need if the product fit, but when it does not fit under any circumstance I’d like to confirm those fitment issues against install instruction.

I purchased this item for ease of use and supporting local craftsmen. They have been removed from my car and the quality is in need of a digital rework before anyone else buys these.

The following 4 users liked this post by Baltistyle:
BiturboSF (09-15-2019), Johnny Rad (10-30-2022), OldManAndHisCar (11-08-2023), shardul (09-16-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Oh my!, Let me see what I can do with this "review".... We have had nothing but outstandingly positive feedback from everysingle person who has purchased this kit. I will address each one of your points.

Originally Posted by Baltistyle
Per my above statement, I got these and the fitment and quality is very poor.

long story short.

The 3D printed “scoop” deforms with heat.
These are printed in a Carbon Fiber Nylon Composite, it is nearly impossible for your engine temps to deform these scoops. I myself have been running them on my car for almost a Year with 0 deformation. It is clear based on your photo that the scoop was not fully inserted onto your duct, The bend you are showing is not permanent, It can by simply pushed in and product installed correctly.

The metal tubes retain massive amounts of heat enhancing the above issue.
Yes!, The metal tubes will retain more heat than the factory Cloth Tubes, However, The intake air is not spending enough time in the tubes to have a significant effect on the intake temperature.

The driver side scoop and tube are not shaped properly so the “scoop” bends, and the metal tube will rub on multiple items, a screw and oil pressure tube. Bending plastic because of poor fit with heat applied ensures the product will never fit correctly since now the little “keeper tabs” can’t hold the scoops.
Can you please show this. Again, we have this product installed on both our personal vehicles and a number of customer vehicles without this finding.

The tubes are not shaped at the correct angle and the silicone hoses CANNOT account for this. The tubes are different lengths, both too short for either side and yes I’m considering the removal process in making a statement on their length.
They are intentionally short, It would be nearly impossible to remove the tubes . We tried longer and shorter tubes and settled on the current length after a significant number of removal and re installations.

The silicone hoses without clamps move all around and since the rest of the fit is so poor, the tubes rotate and slide.
Again, We have settled on the specific length of the tubes as they are now, We have had no cases of the tubes sliding off

I spent more money to put on 8 nice band clamps. These, when tightened only exacerbated the fact that the alighment is wrong.
Clamps are not needed, These are Pre filter tubes. Slip Fit is all you need, adding clamps just increase assembly and disassembly time.

oh, and no instruction. There would be no need if the product fit, but when it does not fit under any circumstance I’d like to confirm those fitment issues against install instruction.
If you had contacted us I would have been happy to have sent you written instructions, However, This is a product that All components can clearly be seen in the product photo, Im not sure what else you would want from an installation manual, I would be glad to take your suggestion.

I purchased this item for ease of use and supporting local craftsmen. They have been removed from my car and the quality is in need of a digital rework before anyone else buys these.
We have been through atleast 8 design revisions, We are 100% confident that the 3d Portion of the product is perfect.
This is the first negative feedback of any kind on this product on both this platform and the 156, I would understand if you had an issue or 2 with it, But your review reads more as a frustrated product bashing. Im just curious why you have not reached out to us at all regarding these issues?

It is possible, However Unlikely, That the wagon has special requirements for the length or placement of the scoops, If you contact us at Info@vrpspeed.com wtih photos of them installed I will evaluate that for you.

Last edited by VictoryRoadPerformance; 09-15-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 10:51 AM

After contacting multiple times just about fulfilling the order, and then seeing this type of response, I generally consider reaching out or arguing a very lost cause. Vendors have often not appreciated my honest feedback as I’m not a fanboy. This review with pictures will help others decide what to do. I have made my decision on this item as received.

Reporting to the crowd allows others to not have to have the questions if they wind up in the same place. Many people do not speak up for fear of being blacklisted by vendors. Recently I purchased an expensive item from a very highly regarded vendor. The vendor knows that the batch he produced had had errors since 2016. I only found this out after MANY hours of digging. The vendor is loved, yet still is screwing people. I did not reach out them cause when I first did it was clearly a seller and the person knew nothing about what they were selling beyond marketing materials.

First, I can build and repair just about any type of item, physical or electrical. I do all repair work that does not require a heavy lift. My ability to build and repair and replace is a five banana. Not just one thing needs to be changed for correct fitment per my “review” as you call it.

The composite does deform. Please see the pic of the scoop flaired out I attached. (To make any statement to the contrary of this picture is completely disingenuous) This is because the scoop rests on the oil pipe. See the prior pic of the driver scoop hitting the pipe. This flair does now not allow the scoop to click in and no, with any amount of changes of tube orientation side to side or flipped, it does not work.

please see that the tube when attached to the intake hits the reverse torx screw. You can also see how “off” the slip fit silicone coupler is. A clamp is needed. Every measurement is off by this much...

this shows the flared plastic now can not click in because of all of the tension of misalignment and heat deformation.

I mentioned the heat exacerbates this issue, nothing mentioned on iat’s.

The tubes are not not the same size but have the same bend on a symmetrical setup. How would they fit equally?

The alighment and tension ensure that the slip fit “slips out”. This is a consequence of the accumulation of error.

As mentioned above, perhaps it is a wagon thing. I’m not sure but for me, this setup was not the answer. It looks nice but I am function over form.

while there may be very happy customers with perfect fitting intakes. This is not the case with my kit for an m157 in ‘13 wagon.

The instructions, as you say would be completely unneeded IF and only if the kit fit my car. I recently bought a sly license plate holder and it had a four page manual. Will I need? Not sure but it will be there if I do.

Thanks for listening. The choice is yours
shardul (09-16-2019)
Old 09-15-2019, 10:56 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63

this shows the flared plastic now can not click in because of all of the tension of misalignment and heat deformation.

I mentioned the heat exacerbates this issue, nothing mentioned on iat’s.

The tubes are not not the same size but have the same bend on a symmetrical setup. How would they fit equally?

The alighment and tension ensure that the slip fit “slips out”. This is a consequence of the accumulation of error.

As mentioned above, perhaps it is a wagon thing. I’m not sure but for me, this setup was not the answer. It looks nice but I am function over form.

while there may be very happy customers with perfect fitting intakes. This is not the case with my kit for an m157 in ‘13 wagon.
This photo here leads me to believe that this is a wagon specific issue.. The Scoops click all the way in. Can you give more context of what we are seeing here? is this you attempting to push it in all the way? or intentionally holding at an angle as a reference?

after looking again it looks like you have it lifted up to make it not sit on the oil tube? Push the pipe down and install straight, The pipe will not damage the tube.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by VictoryRoadPerformance
This photo here leads me to believe that this is a wagon specific issue.. The Scoops click all the way in. Can you give more context of what we are seeing here? is this you attempting to push it in all the way? or intentionally holding at an angle as a reference?

after looking again it looks like you have it lifted up to make it not sit on the oil tube? Push the pipe down and install straight, The pipe will not damage the tube.

The scoop can not be forced to fit on with the coupler. The coupler adds another eighth inch and angles the scoop. The o I’ve statement is not able to happen. The torx screw by the intake also does not allow the positioning you are talking about because it too angles the tube upward. So angled wrong in the front and the the back and then the heat makes the composite pliable, so, it can be forced in position but without clamps, bends with heat and unattaches itself. Then, with a cool down cycle the composite is now reshaped to not fit on the bottom. Next I then tried the clamps to keep the tube, couplers and scoop extended in place. This was not the answer for me. That pic is with it being forced in place, not when the pic of just the scoop is in.

Additionally, you can see from the original pics that the bends are wrong, the scoop can not be forced down, the lengths are different.

I even tried to see what could be moved in the engine bay, removed the underhood plastic where the scoops attach, multiple times.
Old 09-16-2019, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

vrp this is laughable that u even think this has anything to do with a wagon.. the front end of the cars are the same. Its the back half that differs

just return his cost and im sure he will return your items .

on your vrp pic above, did u guys replace the turbo pipes in red also or just have them painted red?
Johnny Rad (10-30-2022)
Old 09-17-2019, 10:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
The scoop can not be forced to fit on with the coupler. The coupler adds another eighth inch and angles the scoop. The o I’ve statement is not able to happen. The torx screw by the intake also does not allow the positioning you are talking about because it too angles the tube upward. So angled wrong in the front and the the back and then the heat makes the composite pliable, so, it can be forced in position but without clamps, bends with heat and unattaches itself. Then, with a cool down cycle the composite is now reshaped to not fit on the bottom. Next I then tried the clamps to keep the tube, couplers and scoop extended in place. This was not the answer for me. That pic is with it being forced in place, not when the pic of just the scoop is in.

Additionally, you can see from the original pics that the bends are wrong, the scoop can not be forced down, the lengths are different.

I even tried to see what could be moved in the engine bay, removed the underhood plastic where the scoops attach, multiple times.
I am able to confirm that the Torx Screw is not the same accross all years or models. it is not present on the 278 vehicles we have here. I wonder if work has been done on your car and this bolt has been swapped.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:03 PM

I would like to be clear that this review was for informational purposes so people can make a decision or know what to ask before purchasing it.

I at no point tried to return or ask for any type of help from the vendor. Nor did I bash or speak poorly of the vendor.

Its only about the product and function and fitment.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
I would like to be clear that this review was for informational purposes so people can make a decision or know what to ask before purchasing it.

I at no point tried to return or ask for any type of help from the vendor. Nor did I bash or speak poorly of the vendor.

Its only about the product and function and fitment.
And we are attempting to work through the issues with you so that we can offer a better product that meets your specific vehicle needs
billvp218 (09-18-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e55
I've had mine installed for a couple weeks now. Fit fine with no clearance issues, The 3D printed parts fit as intended and have not deformed from heat as far as I can tell and are still firmly attached. I have a 2014 sedan.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:01 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
2008 Evo X GSR & 2014 GL550 & 2012 A6 3.0T
Has anyone successfully installed these on an x166 (2014 GL550) ?

Also, anyway to get this with just silicone pipes instead of metal pipes?

Last edited by 4everalone; 02-23-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 12-16-2020, 02:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 C63
Featuring VRP intake tubes and BOV kit!

>> shop m157 intake tubes <<

>> shop m156 intake tubes <<

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M278 M156 intake tubes