Some stock e63S' would run 11.8-12.0

what was your DA for the run?
Old 04-16-2022, 05:07 PM

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 E63S
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Some stock e63S' would run 11.8-12.0

what was your DA for the run?
The DA was 961ft and the temperature was 75 degrees.

Elevation was -69 ft. More than likely my e40 calculation was off and was more like e30-e34.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,037 Likes on 1,420 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by The1stWright
The DA was 961ft and the temperature was 75 degrees.

Elevation was -69 ft. More than likely my e40 calculation was off and was more like e30-e34.
so perhaps it was pulling timing
Old 04-16-2022, 08:41 PM

Received 39 Likes on 25 Posts
2014 E63S
so perhaps it was pulling timing
that’s what I’m thinking, next time I’m going to test the e85 and get the mixture spot on.
Old 04-16-2022, 08:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by The1stWright
that’s what I’m thinking, next time I’m going to test the e85 and get the mixture spot on.
for track day it's ok to fudge upward and do e50
The following users liked this post:
The1stWright (04-18-2022)
Old 04-20-2022, 07:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 CLS63
What radials are the RWD guys running for traction at the track? I've heard 17s may fit..
I have a 2012 CLS63
Old 11-02-2022, 02:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
All,

I have been following this thread for a while and have read it more times than I can count. I had a great summer with my 2016 E63. Best time was a 10.8 with crappy DA on a warm day. I am doing a soft launch at best. No Race Start, but a little brake boost. My best 60’ was a 1.89. Yes crap, but remember on purpose as the trans is stock. I have all the modes typical for reaching this time. I have some room for improvement and I am trying to plan my winter/spring projects to race and improve for next summer.

In the works:
1. Dedicated light weight wheels with drag radials in the 18” range

Questionable's
1. I have been talking to Southern Hot Rod on doing a 722.9 trans upgrade. But my real concern is the output shaft still being the main issue. I guess they are working on making one that would hold up. So the question at this point is would it even be worth doing the trans and when on a launch the output shaft is the problem? I heard the stock trans roll racing etc can handle 900trq+ Thoughts?

2. If I aggressor #1 above was thinking about upgrading the turbos to Pure 900 turbos. But I have concerns on the engine, longevity etc. I am already seeing 22PSI on my stock turbos now with an E40 tune. The new Pures would get me into the 26-27PSI area. But concerned on drivability etc.

Would love to get feedback from the crew. @PeterUbers @brutus_tx
Old 11-02-2022, 04:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by MNIRON
All,

I have been following this thread for a while and have read it more times than I can count. I had a great summer with my 2016 E63. Best time was a 10.8 with crappy DA on a warm day. I am doing a soft launch at best. No Race Start, but a little brake boost. My best 60’ was a 1.89. Yes crap, but remember on purpose as the trans is stock. I have all the modes typical for reaching this time. I have some room for improvement and I am trying to plan my winter/spring projects to race and improve for next summer.

In the works:
1. Dedicated light weight wheels with drag radials in the 18” range

Questionable's
1. I have been talking to Southern Hot Rod on doing a 722.9 trans upgrade. But my real concern is the output shaft still being the main issue. I guess they are working on making one that would hold up. So the question at this point is would it even be worth doing the trans and when on a launch the output shaft is the problem? I heard the stock trans roll racing etc can handle 900trq+ Thoughts?

2. If I aggressor #1 above was thinking about upgrading the turbos to Pure 900 turbos. But I have concerns on the engine, longevity etc. I am already seeing 22PSI on my stock turbos now with an E40 tune. The new Pures would get me into the 26-27PSI area. But concerned on drivability etc.

Would love to get feedback from the crew. @PeterUbers @brutus_tx
what are your performance goals ... ? Low 10's, then tcu tune should be in your sights. Gotta pay to play .. with great power comes great need for maintenance. It is what it is. This won't be stock reliable if you pound on it while tuned day in day out. Black boost intake also a good idea. Exhaust becomes controversial Due to things like sound, and smell, and emissions. You can do an e50 tune usually on stock pumps with stock turbos and get away with this ... something to consider

always on IC pump mod is simple

what's your DA adjusted 10.8 and trap speed?
https://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...calculator.php

if you cryo or beef up the output shaft ... you'll find a weakness somewhere else in the trans ... the output shaft only seems to go with peeps that due tons of launches ... If you're just sticking with stock turbos then I don't see a need for building the trans but if you're doing pure turbos and a dyno tune then black boost makes some clutch packs you should consider and @brutus_tx can tell you all about these and much much more

as far as drivability... the car will daily just fine with all these mods usually without any issues ...mine certainly does

oh and also controversial... I really enjoy my sprintbooster .. even with ecu and tcu tunes... it really helps my throttle feel.

Last edited by PeterUbers; 11-02-2022 at 04:20 PM.
JesseB (11-03-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 05:38 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
Thanks for replying @PeterUbers I have been reading and following your posts for a while. Please see the current status of my car.

Performance Goals: Low 10’s to even the grail 9.99 trapping in mid 140’s.

I work closely with Eurocharged in Minneapolis who has done the bulk of my work. As you can see I have paid to play! But I have been very careful on my launches. It’s so damm hard to brake boost on a light tree due to not getting it perfect it will kick you out of boost. Plus I have been mindful of my launch’s. I am dyno’d at 730rwhp and 850Trq.

Best QTR was 10.89 at 133mph. When I roll raced I typically trapped at 133 as well.

Fuel:
Spool Performance Stage 3 low pressure fuel pump
Running larger fuel lines from Spool Performance
Spool Performance High pressure performance pumps running E50 tune. I went full E85 but I didn’t like the fact we made more power with timing and only boosted to 18psi. To me car felt better on E50 and run 22PSI
Spool performance ethanol analyzer kit

ECU:
Running Stage 2 on E50. Worked closely with Jerry on the street and Dyno tune.

Hardware:
Catless Downpipes
BlackBoost intakes
IC pump mod
Running Meth Injection “Pre” Turbo. I believe using your location instructions
Renntech Diverter anti-surge blowoff valve

Trans:
Eurocharged TCU tuned

I have read about the BB clutch packs. Just would have to find a reputable shop to rebuild it with those parts

Last edited by MNIRON; 11-02-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 05:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

How are you not pulling lower ET's? I have the edok tcu tune

what's your corrected ET and trap with the DA correction to sea level?

With the tcu tune my best launches were 25 psi tires, any suspension setting, brake stall to 1750 and let 'er rip. I have Michelin PSS, but peeps do better with p4S

back to your 10.88 with all this cash spent... have you logged the car?

oh .. you are 2012-2013... rwd? That's harder to get that 60ft

Last edited by PeterUbers; 11-02-2022 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:18 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
10.746 @ 134.889 MPH

I have not logged the car with Bob since I installed the METH. I need to do that. I am sure I was launching around 1000-1100 RPM. I know I could sit on the brake and gas, but its tough at the tree. I am currently running Advent tires on 20X10 wheels. They are regular street. I know I have a ton of improvement left to do with my launches, better tires etc. I KNOW not to shoot for 9’s. Not gonna happen. But some 10.4’s would be fun.

I am a 2016 AWD.

Another thing I wanted to look into was some sort of a line lock. Many times I would be on the line and trying to brakeboost to 2500 RPM or so and due to the double bulbs I would sit to long on the brake boost and it would kick it out. Since this is the computer doing this, I wonder if a brake line lock would help.

Last edited by MNIRON; 11-02-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:28 PM

Received 576 Likes on 248 Posts
2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
what are your performance goals ... ? Low 10's, then tcu tune should be in your sights. Gotta pay to play .. with great power comes great need for maintenance. It is what it is. This won't be stock reliable if you pound on it while tuned day in day out. Black boost intake also a good idea. Exhaust becomes controversial Due to things like sound, and smell, and emissions. You can do an e50 tune usually on stock pumps with stock turbos and get away with this ... something to consider

always on IC pump mod is simple

what's your DA adjusted 10.8 and trap speed?
https://www.dragtimes.com/da-density...calculator.php

if you cryo or beef up the output shaft ... you'll find a weakness somewhere else in the trans ... the output shaft only seems to go with peeps that due tons of launches ... If you're just sticking with stock turbos then I don't see a need for building the trans but if you're doing pure turbos and a dyno tune then black boost makes some clutch packs you should consider and @brutus_tx can tell you all about these and much much more

as far as drivability... the car will daily just fine with all these mods usually without any issues ...mine certainly does

oh and also controversial... I really enjoy my sprintbooster .. even with ecu and tcu tunes... it really helps my throttle feel.
I was going to respond and then read PeterUbers answer above.... it makes my response simple... ditto.
With the stock TCU, you are at the limits as far as your 60ft goes. The torque management will not allow you to launch any harder or faster, no matter what your starting rpm is.. a 10.8 with stock TCU is optimum.

If you want to go faster, the TCU is your next step. Even after market turbos will be restricted in the lower gears due to torque management.

Old 11-02-2022, 07:48 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
Originally Posted by brutus_tx
I was going to respond and then read PeterUbers answer above.... it makes my response simple... ditto.
With the stock TCU, you are at the limits as far as your 60ft goes. The torque management will not allow you to launch any harder or faster, no matter what your starting rpm is.. a 10.8 with stock TCU is optimum.

If you want to go faster, the TCU is your next step. Even after market turbos will be restricted in the lower gears due to torque management.

@brutus_tx not sure what you mean by TCU. My TCU is tuned from Eurocharged Minneapolis. Is there another route with TCU? Would I do better with a different TCU tune like from Edok? would it be worth another $2k over Jerry’s?

@PeterUbers i have a sprint booster that Jerry from EC told me to take off. He said it messes with the tune. I want to put it back on for sure! Ever heard of that?

Last edited by MNIRON; 11-02-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 08:00 PM

Received 576 Likes on 248 Posts
2014 AMG E63S and 2020 AMG GTC
@brutus_tx not sure what you mean by TCU. My TCU is tuned from Eurocharged Minneapolis. Is there another route with TCU? Would I do better with a different TCU tune?
okay... so a EC TCU tune. Your 60ft times suggested a stock TCU.
Have you tried brake boosting to a max of 2000 rpm to see it your 60ft improves?

There are different offerings out there now, but the only experience I have is with the EDOK TCU out of Germany.
I can't comment on any of the other options as I have no experience with them.
PeterUbers (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

@brutus_tx not sure what you mean by TCU. My TCU is tuned from Eurocharged Minneapolis. Is there another route with TCU? Would I do better with a different TCU tune like from Edok? would it be worth another $2k over Jerry’s?

@PeterUbers i have a sprint booster that Jerry from EC told me to take off. He said it messes with the tune. I want to put it back on for sure! Ever heard of that?
i have my SB that works fine with my EC and AMS tunes... it's worth trying and doubtful you'll have any issue that you can't clear. I keep mine in "green"
Old 11-02-2022, 11:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Have you tried brake boosting to a max of 2000 rpm to see it your 60ft improves?

There are different offerings out there now, but the only experience I have is with the EDOK TCU out of Germany.
his launch technique, his tires .. brand and model and also his Psi.... and his adjusted times with DA correction - I'm curious on all of this
Old 11-02-2022, 11:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

10.746 @ 134.889 MPH

I have not logged the car with Bob since I installed the METH. I need to do that. I am sure I was launching around 1000-1100 RPM. I know I could sit on the brake and gas, but its tough at the tree. I am currently running Advent tires on 20X10 wheels. They are regular street. I know I have a ton of improvement left to do with my launches, better tires etc. I KNOW not to shoot for 9’s. Not gonna happen. But some 10.4’s would be fun.

I am a 2016 AWD.

Another thing I wanted to look into was some sort of a line lock. Many times I would be on the line and trying to brakeboost to 2500 RPM or so and due to the double bulbs I would sit to long on the brake boost and it would kick it out. Since this is the computer doing this, I wonder if a brake line lock would help.
Edok tcu tune gave me great control over my launch ... more than it seems you're afforded with your tcu tune

you need to brake stall to 1750-2000, don't worry about the tree ... just get that perfect launch and see if you can swing a 1.6 60' and 10.4 1/4... you have the mods to do it for sure. I'm not sure what psi you're running your tires and smaller diameter wheels would help for sure a bit and I don't know about advent tires ... are you spinning a lot? Are you launching in total traction off mode? (Zero Nannies), are you in comfort suspension?

awd ok ... you said rwhp above for your dyno.. wasn't sure if you were a euro e63 with rwd

are you an e63S with LSD? Or no S and you have no LSD? This would play a role

Last edited by PeterUbers; 11-02-2022 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:44 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
@PeterUbers I will hook mine back up. I have the Pedal Box.

@brutus_tx What are your thoughts on the BlackBoost Trans upgrade? Worth doing?
Old 11-02-2022, 11:48 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
Edok tcu tune gave me great control over my launch ... more than it seems you're afforded with your tcu tune

you need to brake stall to 1750-2000, don't worry about the tree ... just get that perfect launch and see if you can swing a 1.6 60' and 10.4 1/4... you have the mods to do it for sure. I'm not sure what psi you're running your tires and smaller diameter wheels would help for sure a bit and I don't know about advent tires ... are you spinning a lot? Are you launching in total traction off mode? (Zero Nannies), are you in comfort suspension?

awd ok ... you said rwhp above for your dyno.. wasn't sure if you were a euro e63 with rwd

are you an e63S with LSD? Or no S and you have no LSD? This would play a role

PSI was 30. I will lower all around and try that. I would spin when the track was cooler, but no much as I was not hard launching. Yes launch control totally off. Yes in comfort suspension to squat some. Yes AMG E63S with LSD. My issue with the brake boost is I would get up to the line. I would Single bulb. Wait for the other person to single bulb. Then we get 7 seconds to pull up too double bulb. But if I pull up, press brake and gas and bring up the RPM to brake boost, If I sit on it like 3 seconds I have had it drop out like in limp. It’s all timing in the box. Do you know if there is a time limit for sitting on boost like that the computer is kicking us out? Is that tuned out?

Last edited by MNIRON; 11-02-2022 at 11:51 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 11:58 PM
Out Of Control!!

PSI was 30. I will lower all around and try that. I would spin when the track was cooler, but no much as I was not hard launching. Yes launch control totally off. Yes in comfort suspension to squat some. Yes AMG E63S with LSD. My issue with the brake boost is I would get up to the line. I would Single bulb. Wait for the other person to single bulb. Then we get 7 seconds to pull up too double bulb. But if I pull up, press brake and gas and bring up the RPM to brake boost, If I sit on it like 3 seconds I have had it drop out like in limp. It’s all timing in the box. Do you know if there is a time limit for sitting on boost like that the computer is kicking us out? Is that tuned out?
it's tuned out for me with edok ... your tcu is behaving like a stock tcu ... I can sit brake stalling all day at 2000 rpm's till I burn up components

and no one I know has in line brake locks on this platform

your corrected is 10.7 @ 133?

do you have any other metrics like 60-130?

Last edited by PeterUbers; 11-03-2022 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:08 AM
BCP

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts
2014 E63s
Line lock is primarily used to lock the front brakes while doing a burnout - otherwise you'd be engaging front and rear brakes and having to overcome the rear brakes to do a burnout. I dont feel a line lock would serve you in the manner you hope.
Old 11-03-2022, 09:38 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
I was thinking it would help on a launch releasing a button and only managing the gas pedal
Old 11-03-2022, 09:40 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG
it's tuned out for me with edok ... your tcu is behaving like a stock tcu ... I can sit brake stalling all day at 2000 rpm's till I burn up components

and no one I know has in line brake locks on this platform

your corrected is 10.7 @ 133?

do you have any other metrics like 60-130?
not yet but i will this weekend
Old 11-03-2022, 09:42 PM

2016 Mercedes E63 S AMG

Can you comment on the BlackBoost clutch packs? Do they make a difference in the trans? Or just strengthen?

Also you know anyone who has upgraded their turbos? What was the experience?
Old 11-03-2022, 10:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Can you comment on the BlackBoost clutch packs? Do they make a difference in the trans? Or just strengthen?

Also you know anyone who has upgraded their turbos? What was the experience?
here is that experience perfectly documented:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...201-3-mph.html
brutus_tx (11-06-2022)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Go Fast Thread - Aftermarket mods Part Two