W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Power steering Malfunction / blind assist malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2023 | 09:45 PM

e63s
Power steering Malfunction / blind assist malfunction

Hey guys I’ve tried looking for an answer through every possible Google search, YouTube search , forum search and i seem to be the only w212 owner to have encountered this problem.
I went through rain puddle and my power steering and blind side assist both went out right away.
i have disconnected battery charged my battery and nothing that still there and doesn’t reset​​​​​​.
i have also connected the computer to it and it reads power going to the angle sensor but no voltage going to the power steering, I have checked my fuses with not issues.
if someone could please direct me in the right the direction you would be a huge blessing, if there’s a relay I’m skipping or something or another place aside from engine bay and trunk where fuses are located please assist.
Thanks
Old 10-15-2023 | 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
soaked

Your steering and blind spots.... are in the lake or had a swim.

First off so you are prepared these modules are waterproof units. Splashproof to some extent - Same thing's true for your Alternator.

> Troubleshooting:
You can comb your SAM's for fuses... but I would concentrate on scanning to assess actual damages.

Whether you have a handheld or a Xentry, you need to hear what the 50 computers have to tell you.

Let us know the english fault descriptions. From there we'll try to help u prioritize actions.
Old 10-15-2023 | 11:13 PM

e63s
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Your steering and blind spots.... are in the lake or had a swim.

First off so you are prepared these modules are waterproof units. Splashproof to some extent - Same thing's true for your Alternator.

> Troubleshooting:
You can comb your SAM's for fuses... but I would concentrate on scanning to assess actual damages.

Whether you have a handheld or a Xentry, you need to hear what the 50 computers have to tell you.

Let us know the english fault descriptions. From there we'll try to help u prioritize actions.
Thank you for the reply
I connected my handheld but I got no codes. I went to a buddy shop and connected to his computer and he got a signal for the steering angle sensor, but the powers steering was reading 0 voltage.
we checked all the fuses except for the relays. I even went ahead and took apart the prefuse box and everything there was good.
Old 10-15-2023 | 11:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...snit-work.html

similar ...
Old 12-24-2023 | 04:54 PM

2014 e63s amg
any updates?

i have the same issue with my 2014 e63s. I am getting the same codes. Have you fixed the issue?
Old 12-24-2023 | 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
DE-TUNED BY CHAOS

Originally Posted by akash_5700
i have the same issue with my 2014 e63s. I am getting the same codes. Have you fixed the issue?
What scanner do you use to look into this?

Do a car REBOOT to temporarily sanitize ESP + F-SAM.

Are you familiar with TRANSIENT disruptions?
It is those faults that are active but always reported as STORED.

A quick shortcut is to simply keep a well charged MAIN battery to lessen the impact of marginal voltage glitchings on heavy loads.

This chaos directly messes up de-tunes some of your performance by impacting timings with randomness.
This usually go easily unnoticed because these systems are riddled with interactive complexities.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 12-26-2023 at 03:04 AM.