W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pump solenoids

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 08-16-2024, 08:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,527 Likes on 2,349 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Wait to unplug solenoid after your engine situation is sorted out - Right now you have too many issues to address AND any shop you go to will blame MOD-1 for causing all your current issues.

First simplify what's already complicated to untangle.
Open a separate thread so friendly members can help your tuning issues.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 08-16-2024 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-16-2024, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,258 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by kistiyanpetrov
Hello everyone, glad I found this gold topic...
Tell us what you drive.

Whose stage 2 do you have?
Old 08-16-2024, 08:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,083 Likes on 1,454 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Originally Posted by kistiyanpetrov
Hello everyone, glad I found this gold topic

Last year I had ECU update from dealer about "Combustion" (which I wasn't aware of until I found out my Stage 2 is gone and have CEL because Im catless) so I went back to my guys for my stage and since then I notice my car isn't the same, also I did it notice in Comfort mode the car is dead dead in low rpms, so is it possible this update to limit the flow of the oil as I read here that Tq is improved from low rmps due the "high" (normal as it should be) oil flow..

Tomorrow I'll go to find some garage to unplug this for me and hopefully I can share some thoughts, also I read somewhere back in the pages from this thread I think that it would be good to reset the adaptations, so that way the car can build up new adaptions quickly for the transmission after the "mod"

Thanks to all responisble for this info to be here

P.S. I do notice after a while after the ECU update at every cold start and i start driving at first 10meters of driving my car is doing some thicking noise behind the speedometer cluster (where the vacuum pump is located) not quite sure if it's possible to be due the low flow of oil at low rpms..? Also since last May I do check in couple of months my valve in the vacuum pump if it's destroyed which in M276 is kind of "must be checked"
where to begin
Old 08-17-2024, 06:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
Wait to unplug solenoid after your engine situation is sorted out - Right now you have too many issues to address AND any shop you go to will blame MOD-1 for causing all your current issues.

First simplify what's already complicated to untangle.
Open a separate thread so friendly members can help your tuning issues.
I've tried for 1 year to find the issue still no result, by dead dead in Comfort i was meaning that my car is cut the power and shift to quick 1.3rpm and I am get half to 3/4 of the boost in my boost gauge, I compared prev 1/4 times with current stage 2 before I was run 11.64 and now I do 12.5 as both are on positive scope 1.3%

Originally Posted by JettaRed
Tell us what you drive.

Whose stage 2 do you have?
W205 C43 2017 and It's local company in Europe not EC/AMR which I was thinking to do but is too pricey tbh..

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
where to begin
The main issue for me right now is the not full boost

Anyway, today I found an garage to unplug the solenoid for me it was a bit difficult tbh also I verified it via diagnostic if I will see in the ECM the code "P06DA00" and it was there, I notice small difference is a bit smoother in low rpms, next week I have appoinment in the dealer for A service and will track the oil if keeps it's colour for longer period of time

Also I do notice on S+ since I drive it properly everyday and I do have 110C engine oil temp, before unplug it I had a bit lower temp, I did not see someone to share opinion on that with the temp but will track that as well and later on will share feedback also will fill the form in the 1st page after i do have more feedback

So thanks again to OP and the members that are reason to have this topic here also thanks for the extensive tests from @S-Prihadi and @CaliBenzDriver which I found in the other topic

Last edited by kistiyanpetrov; 08-17-2024 at 07:17 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Will your tuner company reflash your ECU. Do they provide a handheld flash device or do you have to take the car to them? I have a tune from @VividRacing with a handheld flash loader. Stock, Stage 1, and Stage 2 are all on the device so I can switch files whenever I want.

VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Mercedes C43 3.0L Bi-Turbo W205 367HP | VRT-C43-W205 (vividracing.com)

Last edited by JettaRed; 08-17-2024 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-18-2024, 06:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C43 AMG '17
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Will your tuner company reflash your ECU. Do they provide a handheld flash device or do you have to take the car to them? I have a tune from @VividRacing with a handheld flash loader. Stock, Stage 1, and Stage 2 are all on the device so I can switch files whenever I want.

VR Tuned ECU Flash Tune Mercedes C43 3.0L Bi-Turbo W205 367HP | VRT-C43-W205 (vividracing.com)
I will drop you pm to not off topic here
Old 08-18-2024, 08:26 AM

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
2014 E550 Cab, 2009 CLK550 Cab, 2006 CLK350 Cab
AWESOMENESS

My 2014 E550 now has 55K miles.
I disconnected the oil solenoid 5K miles ago when changing the oil.
I started using 5W-40 LiquidMoly at 40K miles, so I have changed the oil 3 times using LM.
before that I was using Mobil 1 5W-40 since I purchased the car with 23K miles.

The oil is sweet looking as how @CaliBenzDriver
said and the car runs just as sweet since I disconnected the solenoid. The responsiveness is much more snappier even just driving in grandpa, I mean "E" moke. 😆. In sport mode what a blast for a totally stock E550.

When I ran M1 I was always having to add extra oil when running M1 before getting to 5K miles.

I am sending oil sample to Blackstone and will post once i have the results. It will be interesting to see the analysis of oil before the disconnect and after.

thanks to Cali, MS and many othersfor investing their time and bringing this incredible MOD to us!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by vich3:
CaliBenzDriver (08-18-2024), juanmor40 (08-18-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 08:46 AM

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
2014 E550 Cab, 2009 CLK550 Cab, 2006 CLK350 Cab
AWESOMENESS

Dup

Last edited by vich3; 08-18-2024 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Duplicate Post
Old 08-19-2024, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Hmmm, now this is interesting. See around 10:30 in the video. Lower viscosity plus higher friction modifiers equals more horsepower. (NOTE: I'm posting this to this thread because of the discussions of oils and oil viscosity within the thread.)

The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 03:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,527 Likes on 2,349 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
HOW-TO: sealed and balanced contributions...

The solenoid MOD is definitely an oiling topic, thank you JR.

It is counter intuitive and proven again in this video by Lake Speed Jr. that thinner oil film friction saves gasoline.

The paradox is it does not drastically increase wear given the right Lubrizol FM package.

> How Does That Apply To Our Engines??

MOD-0 stock is exactly the textbook application.
An advanced lubricant package operating in the W30 range with reduced circulation under 3500.Rpm.
This is a great working achievement.

The flip side to reduced oiling is the reality we are familiar with:

-- the limited piston oiling stores extreme heat that burns oil into carbon that plugs oil-control ring and discharge passages.

-- From there, excess oil travels upward to meet with gasoline for LSPI destruction.

-- As the oil travels upward it burns into both top rings causing high blow-by conditions. This directly causes unbalanced cylinders!!

-- Unbalanced contribution taints the predictably smooth cylinders timings with jitter: fish-bite "misfires". ECU is forced to average microseconds timings and de-tune weak mixtures.

-- CASCADING: Because pistons are marginally sprayed, their oil burn rate is unequal and that makes the cylinders more uneven contributors.

> What Can Be Done Practically ???
Ppl under extreme MOD-0 conditions expect random fatalities out of "luxury performance".
MOD-1;2;3 is no guarantee to reach 250kMi either but more likely.
Don't try this at home!

-- No1 goal is to rebalance leaky cylinders for even contributions. Only then ECU can output the most power from every stroke cycle.

The question then becomes...:
> How To Go From Stuck To Sealed Rings?

My answer is SLOWLY with a heavy detergent oil (HDEO).

I think it is safest NOT to jump from 0w40 to 20w50. Go up mod levels! No guarantee but I've done it so I can relate to that.

We want to avoid feeding viscous oil into stuck upper rings for LSPI destruction. We go gradually paying attention to engine response.

-- So with MOD-1: 0w40_SN/SP rings get less dry/wetter. This viscosity delivers limited spraying for superior gas-saving.

-- MOD-2.0: 5w40_SN oil burning temperatures begin to come down for 1500Mi then back up...

-- MOD-2.1: 6W42_SN oil definitely quit adding layers of burned residues with controlled heat level.

-- MOD-3: 15w40_SP oil handles heat without vaporizing!
It is not burning thin besides the engine getting more balanced without vibration.

-- MOD-4: 5W50_SP: I am likely to try this formula later.
There maybe a bit of "law of diminishing return" involved. LakeJr tells us "thicker is not better". I am interested to find the upper limit to locate happy median spot... 0w50??

When heat stays under control, powertrain performance stays equal regardless of run time.
Conversely, performance degrading with driving runtime is an indication of uncontrolled heat... then bump up viscosity a bit!

The target is to reach the spray cooling level where piston heat no longer thins out oil viscosity drastically... of course using a more stable oil stock.

> Tips Against Engine Self-destruction...
Owners don't like wasting their engines as much as the whole car industry relies on that to happen.
Mr LakeJr tells us that wear is the price engine pay for thin protection film.

-- Recognize that if your engine is unbalanced vibrating/shaky: DO NOT PUSH IT !!
This concentrates the wear and heat on fewer crank bearings... ouch! ​​​​​​

-- clean/replace oil filter cap as a maintenance item for a debrua-free clean reliable bypass valve operation.
When this fails, so does the engine guaranteed.

-- Lower chances of LSPI blow-ups :
- Upgrade older SN oils to API SP rated formulation
- Go up MOD viscosity gradually
- Normalize piston temps for less self-ignition !

-- Refrain from using engine flush to clean rings. Heavy detergents prevent oil from sticking. This limits the effectiveness of lubrication film: no-no!
Cleaning and lubricating is the tough act provided by polar molecules that bond to prepared surfaces.

I can gladly report this AMAZING RESULT...
Yesterday I have reworked my MFK Module in addition to ESP/ISM: my engine is now totally vibration free like a Tesla at driving speed.

This is really-really strange as I have never ever experienced that before :
​​​​​​-- I have a HAMMER THAT IS PRESSURE SENSITIVE from 900.Rpm all the way to legal speed limit. It has zero turbo delay, on-tap!
-- This is perfectly awesome timings: super strong/rich GDI performance response on my stock ECU/TCU... only oil+soldering.
-- that is an awesome cherry on this cake for temp controlled driveability.
-- Without that ECU is cheap on gas/power output. That tells me the ECU optimization are disabled by jittery crankshaft rotation (need sealed rings + sealed tensioners + stable viscosity).
Then ECU is able to compute perfectly timed multi-shots solutions with clean lambda feedbacks. Without (EPS + MOD2.x): no GDI multi-shots.
​​​​​

You definitely need to get your CAN-C modules reworked. Built-in chaos craps out ECU/TCU performance:
-- TCU shifts are always lagging + bangy
-- ECU mgt is what causes vibrations (not mounts!)

Thank you to team of friends & contributors without whom none of this would have been possible (*)
Now you know some hot targets are easy to reach with oiling + soldering.

(*): I need ADMINS to pls grant EDIT so I can resume my contribution to 3¢ solderless threads ... @MJ50 ​​​​​​

MFK poor connections: free entry level fix!

I am hopping reworked MFK will help busy CGW remain stable without reboots. Now zero engine vibration underload is my new yardstick.

A lot of this networking insight can be applied to many other engines and makes where used.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 08-19-2024 at 07:23 PM.
Old 08-19-2024, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 762 Likes on 741 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
@CaliBenzDriver there is no "granting edit" feature... just PM me 1) url to your post you want to edit and 2) body of the text...
The following 3 users liked this post by MJ50:
CaliBenzDriver (08-19-2024), juanmor40 (08-19-2024), PeterUbers (08-19-2024)