W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Oil pump solenoids

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 10-14-2024 | 08:36 AM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by kistiyanpetrov
This is what i was thinking as well based on what I learned here, but since im not an expert and he is doing remaps I didn't want to say im right/you wrong, that's why i left the discussion without any arguing as I might not know something else around this

well mine is unplugged for already 3k km, im just waiting for my next change of oil (more 4k km) since MB did 0/40 AMG oil (instead 5/40 as always) and i can say is complete trash based on my driving (more sporty) and the car is sluggish the engine is vibrating when stand on traffic light or parked and the transmission is bit jerky (don't know what is doing when is changing gears) apart of that the oil is still "gold" ish, i did not remember before unplugged when i check regularly my oil on what km what was the color, but here i remember that i read that after 2/3k km ish the oil is looks darker (black ish - "burned" already)

thanks for sharing opinion on the attached screenshot discussion, appreciate that as well
Glad to hear you are enjoying this mod : )
Old 10-16-2024 | 12:46 PM

14' E550, 07' GL450, 97' RHD Toyota Caldina GTT
What’s up everyone, so I’ve had my solenoid unplugged for like a year now on my modded 14’ E550. Been good stuff since then but now that we’re on the topic of oil choices I’ve been trying some different stuff due to my oil report with Liquimoly 5W40 Leichtlauf showing that viscosity is right at the bottom threshold for averages.

These are the oils I’ve tested:
Leichtlauf 5w40- What I normally run but has the low viscosity averages

Molygen 5w40- Seemed to run fine, however due to not allegedly having cats I smelled what seemed to be oil burning. Every time I came to a stop I smelled it, don’t know what caused that but going back to the blue bottle the smell was gone.

Redline 5w40- I used to run this before on many cars and loved it for the ester and the thickness, but seemed like they changed their formula as it didn’t feel or sound like what it should compared to before. Few K miles and it ran just fine no problems but harder to get for oil changes. Forgot to do an oil analysis on it so can’t compare averages

Right now I’m seeing people change to 5w50 and Motul, their 300V is really good stuff however I’m sure with our tolerances it’s not really ideal for our engines.

Honestly I’m looking for something that even with heat runs thicker than what I’m using right now, and especially since I run an E40 blend with my tune when I race, need something that’ll help against cylinder wash with the ethanol. Anyone got some good input?

This is the oil analysis I did last year at a 3500mile change with Leichtlauf, I use Ceratec and occasionally VP octane boosters when I was running 93 octane. (Oil was added cause I always forget about the offset)

The following users liked this post:
OldManAndHisCar (10-16-2024)
Old 10-16-2024 | 12:49 PM

W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
@Kanoosh I am thinking the exact same thoughts. I was (am) trying to get LiquidMoly 5-50, no one near me has it on hand. FCP has it, for some reason I have not submitted the order. I have been on 5-40 Moly and cant say it was 'bad'....as if I would know anyway.

I can say with Moly I was not asked to or needed to add oil in the past 4000 miles. 0-40 Mobil1 would want me to top it off at some point (with or without solenoid unplugged)
Old 10-16-2024 | 01:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Kanoosh
What’s up everyone, so I’ve had my solenoid unplugged for like a year now on my modded 14’ E550. Been good stuff since then but now that we’re on the topic of oil choices I’ve been trying some different stuff due to my oil report with Liquimoly 5W40 Leichtlauf showing that viscosity is right at the bottom threshold for averages.

These are the oils I’ve tested:
Leichtlauf 5w40- What I normally run but has the low viscosity averages

Molygen 5w40- Seemed to run fine, however due to not allegedly having cats I smelled what seemed to be oil burning. Every time I came to a stop I smelled it, don’t know what caused that but going back to the blue bottle the smell was gone.

Redline 5w40- I used to run this before on many cars and loved it for the ester and the thickness, but seemed like they changed their formula as it didn’t feel or sound like what it should compared to before. Few K miles and it ran just fine no problems but harder to get for oil changes. Forgot to do an oil analysis on it so can’t compare averages

Right now I’m seeing people change to 5w50 and Motul, their 300V is really good stuff however I’m sure with our tolerances it’s not really ideal for our engines.

Honestly I’m looking for something that even with heat runs thicker than what I’m using right now, and especially since I run an E40 blend with my tune when I race, need something that’ll help against cylinder wash with the ethanol. Anyone got some good input?

This is the oil analysis I did last year at a 3500mile change with Leichtlauf, I use Ceratec and occasionally VP octane boosters when I was running 93 octane. (Oil was added cause I always forget about the offset)

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...32e474893.jpeg
Originally Posted by OldManAndHisCar
@Kanoosh I am thinking the exact same thoughts. I was (am) trying to get LiquidMoly 5-50, no one near me has it on hand. FCP has it, for some reason I have not submitted the order. I have been on 5-40 Moly and cant say it was 'bad'....as if I would know anyway.

I can say with Moly I was not asked to or needed to add oil in the past 4000 miles. 0-40 Mobil1 would want me to top it off at some point (with or without solenoid unplugged)
Thanks for showing us the report : )
Old 10-16-2024 | 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
RACING LUBRICANT...

Your racing calls for racing oil. No sense in burning "gas saving oil" for that application.

Racing heat trashes viscosity through the floor where the last resort is physical ZDDP layers. Catless is perfect for tracking with mapped fuel.

Don't expect the powertrain to see high mileage. That's not what racing is about.
Stock oil pump may not preserve racing engines. Pressure above 60Psi may be beneficial...upgrade to a 90Psi fixed gear pump. Some race teams go the other eay with limited oiling to save HP on each engine swap.

### Racing oil formulation is not compatible with cats/lambda.

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 10-16-2024 at 04:22 PM.