W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Have you disconnected the oil pump solenoid? --A Survey

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 04:37 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,789 Likes on 2,372 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by kevm14
Personally I'd run the MB extensions for the cam adjusters and aftermarket only for CMPs.
True.
Old 06-24-2024, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 691 Likes on 466 Posts
04 E55 AMG (totaled), 07 S550 4Matic, 14 E63S
Originally Posted by CaliBenzDriver
The ECU tracks HPFP to capture lobes timings knows when prop-valve control is in closed loop or open loop control. When this is too jittery, basic injection timings are used instead of rich powerful multi-shots.
What evidence do you have for this, and when it happens? If not enough fuel was injected, the engine would run lean. If the engine was lean, you'd see it on fuel trims. Or are you arguing this is a very transient effect?
Old 06-24-2024, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,842 Likes on 1,368 Posts
2015 SL400 (M276 Turbo), 2014 C350 Sport (M276 NA), 2004 SL500 (M113), 2004 Audi TT225 (BEA)
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Or... are these good to be used as pigtails to prevent oil in harnesses?
Yes. I have them in both my cars. There are two wire and three wire, so you need to match them to the CPS or solenoid. So, get the set of 8. The connectors fit and the wires are copper. What else is needed?

Last edited by JettaRed; 06-24-2024 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-24-2024, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,712 Likes on 2,470 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
WIS + HANDS-ON RESEARCH

Originally Posted by kevm14
What evidence do you have for this, and when it happens?
If not enough fuel was injected, the engine would run lean.
If the engine was lean, you'd see it on fuel trims. Or are you arguing this is a very transient effect?
Kev,
We studied that clever design with Master Surya based on his in-depth research to understand.

TT features twin pumps.
I was going to say 3 or 4 cam lobes per pump.
On second thoughts, perhaps the lobe count matches cylinders count??

You're right about the trimmed mixture but with GDI Bosch added additional twists. It's a much finner granularity injection controlled by each individual cylinders to gain smooth uniform rotation speed.

Are you familiar with PLL: Phase Locked Loop regulation?
This is how I think the ECU synchronizes the proportioning valve PWM to the HPFP Cams rotation.

ECU does not have high resolution cam position ticks like our high resolution CKP teeth count. It has couple good reference ticks collected by CPS but has to extrapolate other lobs position vs. RPM.

Everytime ECU looses track, it must re-acquire the exact position. It's very kludgy. What could be better is a high resolution teeth count to track the camshaft position in degree and again that would be without counting on jittery unbalanced crank rotation that also screws camshaft rotation divided by half-speed.

Once you are familiar with that you can listen to engine idle and understand what ECU is up to. It pretty neat.

The big difference between closed-loop trimmed mixtures and GDI multi-shots is analog vs. digital.

-- With legacy timings
ECU keeps adding/substracting fuel to make upstream lambda oscilate between rich/lean using maps. The exact number is centered between both.

-- With multi-shots the mixture is computed and fractioned differently to be injected during the compression stroke. The end result is more extremely powerful combustion + kick-*** acceleration I want you to enjoy.

My layman explanation is GDI really acts like a sort of turbo that pumps gas at 900.RPM instead of air at 2500.RPM - Now both combined, I really want to hear about that feedback!!!

With legacy timings this chassis you know is heavy, with GDI timings the gas pedal is pressure sensitive: it fly's off the line like a weight less hummingbird.
It's got awsome violent accelerations on tap, stable hot/cold performance.

It's freely built right in but disabled. No question you will need good cooling to meet engine load.

The next member who gets this is going to enjoy it beyond reason - This is a better focus than measuring elastic viscosity...

Again here it's 100% thanks to my dive master for enabling me to bump into this by chance. I am a rescue diver who knows search patterns.
Thanks to MS all day long!

++++ GETTING THERE ++++
Again in this topic, the best way to get there is to provide the engine conditions and let the ECU enable this power.
At first it's only a little then it gets bigger and better over a course of 2Mo as individual cylinder fuel maps get updated.

I am confident non-turbo ppl can waste their tires doing donuts with advanced multi-shots and with Turbo: I'd like to know... engine mounts survival rate shortened by hummingbird mode

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 06-24-2024 at 10:52 PM. Reason: hummingbird mode
Old 06-24-2024, 08:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,789 Likes on 2,372 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by JettaRed
Yes. I have them in both my cars. There are two wire and three wire, so you need to match them to the CPS or solenoid. So, get the set of 8. The connectors fit and the wires are copper. What else is needed?

I see, thank you.