Sponsored by:

Anyway to track an ordered car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:54 PM

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts
2018 E63, 2008 SLR DH, 2011 599 SA, 1995 F50, 2007 through 2011 GT3 RS
Anyway to track an ordered car?

I just changed my order from a launch edition 1 to a selenite grey magno car that my dealer said was leaving Germany.

Can you track the step by step progress of the car like what you can do with Porsche?

whats a more desirable color? Black magno or selenite grey magno?
Old 09-15-2017, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 AMG e43
Great question! I understand that my car will be manufactured in December and would like to follow the process without bothering my dealer.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE 63s, E200
Originally Posted by mwburak
Great question! I understand that my car will be manufactured in December and would like to follow the process without bothering my dealer.
Dealer will notify you of the stages up to the end of production, there is no tracking system outside the MB system dealers have.,
If anything changes between order and end of production (like a car with the exact options selected, color etc, that has been produced and is available already and the buyer has cancelled their order, you'll get that one)

Sort of goes like this:

- Order the car
- Dealer provides updates up to and during production (allocation slot for build, time etc).
- Car is produced, ready for shipment.
- Dealer provides VIN, container, shipping information or direct link to track your car while it's on the ocean (in some cases, even links to the cameras on the boat, to "watch" it sailing about) and ETA when it will arrive at the port
- Dealer notifies of arrival, delivery to dealer, and it's all go from there.

Any questions/changes you want to make to your order, just call your dealer, my dealer can bring my order information/build dates/eta for shipment/delivery up within seconds.

Last edited by Edifice; 09-15-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
GL63
No process available to the end user. Just the dealer that is rarely informed enough to be honest.

Originally Posted by mwburak
Old 09-15-2017, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Edifice
Dealer will notify you of the stages up to the end of production, there is no tracking system outside the MB system dealers have.,
If anything changes between order and end of production (like a car with the exact options selected, color etc, that has been produced and is available already and the buyer has cancelled their order, you'll get that one)

Sort of goes like this:p

- Order the car
- Dealer provides updates up to and during production (allocation slot for build, time etc).
- Dealer provides VIN, container, shipping information or direct link to track your car while it's on the ocean (in some cases, even links to the cameras on the boat, to "watch" it sailing about) and ETA when it will arrive at the port

Any questions/changes you want to make to your order, just call your dealer, my dealer can bring my order information/build dates/eta for shipment/delivery up within seconds.
So if I have the dealer Purchase order and the VIN then they should give me the shipping information? Or do they have to wait until it actually gets loaded onto a boat?

My car was finished being built last week and since my salesperson was in stuggart they actually took an image of the actual car I'm receiving.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by Edifice

Sort of goes like this:p

here

- Order the car

Originally Posted by Sylvainsm
So if I have the dealer Purchase order and the VIN then they should give me the shipping information? Or do they have to wait until it actually gets loaded onto a boat?

My car was finished being built last week and since my salesperson was in stuggart they actually took an image of the actual car I'm receiving.

Here is a picture of my actual car I have coming. Not sure why it has German plates ?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:16 PM

GL63
They will actually be able to tell you the name of the boat when it's set up before it gets t the dock. Your in the home stretch to have your car sit at port state side like the rest of us.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:19 PM

GL63
It gets the plates for a euro delivery so you can drive it, or in this case your salesman to drive it.

Here is a picture of my actual car I have coming. Not sure why it has German plates ?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by tony_f8
They will actually be able to tell you the name of the boat when it's set up before it gets t the dock. Your in the home stretch to have your car sit at port state side like the rest of us.
Oh I've been waiting for like 6 weeks for the launch edition that had my name on it at the port. Just changed my mind on the color and since I was eating anyways I found one in Germany
Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by tony_f8
It gets the plates for a euro delivery so you can drive it, or in this case your salesman to drive it.
thought so too but apparently it has only 4 miles on it. I think it was ordered European delivery and the person cancelled? It was an extra order my salesman got when he was there and texted me to see if I wanted it.
No carbon brakes only negative but everything else
Old 09-15-2017, 11:23 PM

GL63
I have a hold on an edition 1 with one dealer and this exact same gray magno on a boat with another. I couldn't make up my mind either so I played this game so I could chose in person! I know how hard it is between the two.

Oh I've been waiting for like 6 weeks for the launch edition that had my name on it at the port. Just changed my mind on the color and since I was eating anyways I found one in Germany
Old 02-19-2022, 02:54 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
CLA 35 AMG 4matic 2022
Love the grey magno

Originally Posted by Quickburn7
I' should just got grey magno on my cla 35 especially since I'm upgrading grille and exhaust look like 45 so silly i didn't can't change as my car being built this week. Might get wrapped then protects car and looks good but there's issues with vinyl in hot states i live in Florida any advice? I'm good on mbux system if people need to know specifics but need help on this. I'm going nuts this is like being 5 and waiting for Xmas lol except Santa keeps calling telling you your dream car going from 45 to 35 unless you want wait and less option. I might keep 2 year and buy cla 45 + if they have in usa loaded. I lost my burmester anyone have heard difference between burmester this year and regular and can you tell difference. I might replace speakers and get better amp if that's case in any case audio is one easier things upgrade in car if your audiophile like me.