Sponsored by:

Best Dealer for New Order/Purchase?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 06:30 PM

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts
'19 E63S Wagon; '16 Porsche GT4; '19 Cadillac Escalade
Best Dealer for New Order/Purchase?

Hey guys, I am new to the MB world. I have been driving Audi, BMW, and Porsche for a while, but have decided to try out the MB world and order a new E63S Wagon. I was going to wait for the 2019 MY, but given the production delays I see discussed in this forum, I am moving up my timeline and will likely order in the next month or so.

From my experience with those other brands, I know there is always a recommended internet or other sales person who tends to give the best deals and which most forum members order from. Is there such a person for MB?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2018, 04:42 PM

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
Originally Posted by Corrado79
Hey guys, I am new to the MB world. I have been driving Audi, BMW, and Porsche for a while, but have decided to try out the MB world and order a new E63S Wagon. I was going to wait for the 2019 MY, but given the production delays I see discussed in this forum, I am moving up my timeline and will likely order in the next month or so.

From my experience with those other brands, I know there is always a recommended internet or other sales person who tends to give the best deals and which most forum members order from. Is there such a person for MB?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the forum and to MB... I would have thought the question would have been answered so I'll try to help...
First off: wagons almost never get discounted. They are either special-ordered, or just sell fast unless just fugly. Depending upon where you are, you may want to just buddy-up to a dealer close to you as that is where you will have servicing done anyways. I have a factory delivery on order through a guy in San Diego and my SA in Greenwich who sold my '14 AMG wagon has basically dropped me. He was never very quick to respond and is why I missed the boat on early ordering, but now I get no love. That said there isn't much inventory; I just called the Greenwich dealer and the 2 wagons they have coming in are already sold. This may suggest that you should cozy-up and put in an order ASAP. I keep looking for E-class sport seats or Nut Brown leather to view before my build date, but there are just so few '18 AMGs sitting in dealerships that the rare birds with Brown and/or sports seats are hard to find for me.

Good luck and by all accounts, this will be worth the wait.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:35 PM

Interesting. My local dealership is Downtown LA. Maybe I will pay them a visit sooner rather than later. But I usually like to have a referral to a good sales person first.
Old 01-29-2018, 10:46 PM

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts
'18 E63S AMG
There are two right now at Autobahn in Redwood City, CA. The original prospective owners had canceled. I believe one is white and the other is silver??
Old 01-29-2018, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by CALBenzo
There are two right now at Autobahn in Redwood City, CA. The original prospective owners had canceled. I believe one is white and the other is silver??
If I go online to View Inventory for the Downtown LA dealership, it says 16 are available. Is that false? Maybe it is a list of the total in the region?
Old 01-30-2018, 08:12 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 82 Likes on 52 Posts

Thanks in advance!
Hi Corrado!

I can reach out to Mercedes today on E63s wagon allocations and see when they expect them to open. I also have a couple E63s on the lot and I believe one changeable allocation. I will double check that when I get to work this morning.

My co worker Shahul and I will post here occasionally and would be more than willing to assist in any way we can. Send me a PM and let me know if I can help!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 157 Likes on 104 Posts
2019 E63S wagon; 2016 Landrover Landmark
If I go online to View Inventory for the Downtown LA dealership, it says 16 are available. Is that false? Maybe it is a list of the total in the region?
I went through the same exercise the past week and called 4 dealerships only to find that every single car they had indicated as being in inventory was not actually there for one reason or another.

Good luck
Old 01-30-2018, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by 24Hours
I went through the same exercise the past week and called 4 dealerships only to find that every single car they had indicated as being in inventory was not actually there for one reason or another.

Good luck
Great, LOL. Thanks for the heads up that this could be a mission. You think that with this much unavailability, resale values would be higher.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by sroumeliotis@eurogermantown.com
Hi Corrado!

I can reach out to Mercedes today on E63s wagon allocations and see when they expect them to open. I also have a couple E63s on the lot and I believe one changeable allocation. I will double check that when I get to work this morning.

My co worker Shahul and I will post here occasionally and would be more than willing to assist in any way we can. Send me a PM and let me know if I can help!
PM sent. Thanks!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
'12 E63
[QUOTE=24Hours;7369231] I have a factory delivery on order through a guy in San Diego

Did you go through someone in San Diego because it's convenient (you've got a home here) or because you got a good deal?
Old 02-20-2018, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BMW 550i M- Sport; '19 E63s or '19 M5??
In the same boat here in Orange County, California--about ready to order a E63s Sedan. We just got a good lease deal on my wife's 2018 C43, but I know the E63s is a harder nut to crack. I note that Autodog and Ericg69ss have posts in this thread showing discounts off MSRP of 9% or so and that would be fine. However, I do not know which dealer and salesperson they used.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Last edited by Stealth7; 02-20-2018 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 08:57 PM

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
2014 Mercedes Benz CLS 550
please give my guy Edward Twum at DTLA Motors... tell him Nabil sent you and he will definitely look out for you!
Old 02-21-2018, 09:51 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
2018 Lunar Blue E63S
I am in NJ. However, we have a close relationship with the dealer for a couple of decades. This played a major role in the offer.

Originally Posted by Stealth7
In the same boat here in Orange County, California--about ready to order a E63s Sedan. We just got a good lease deal on my wife's 2018 C43, but I know the E63s is a harder nut to crack. I note that Autodog and Ericg69ss have posts in this thread showing discounts off MSRP of 9% or so and that would be fine. However, I do not know which dealer and salesperson they used.

Old 02-21-2018, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by TheFranchizeSLB
please give my guy Edward Twum at DTLA Motors... tell him Nabil sent you and he will definitely look out for you!
Thank you very much Nabil! I think I may know the owners of that dealer network as well, but I will definitely mention you if/when I call.
At this point I am thinking that it may make the most sense to order a 2019 in April when orders open. I still have a great BMW 550i M-Sport to sell and the depreciation hit if I decide to purchase may be less with a 2019. Of course, it is also possible that there may be minor improvements, more colors, etc.

Thank you again!
Old 02-21-2018, 05:04 PM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
2013 GL550
Thank you very much Nabil! I think I may know the owners of that dealer network as well, but I will definitely mention you if/when I call.
At this point I am thinking that it may make the most sense to order a 2019 in April when orders open. I still have a great BMW 550i M-Sport to sell and the depreciation hit if I decide to purchase may be less with a 2019. Of course, it is also possible that there may be minor improvements, more colors, etc.

Thank you again!
Did any dealer confirm that April is when they'll accept 2019 orders?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 BMW X5M

I think I was lucky for a couple reasons. One, I did not need a new car and made it clear to the dealer what would motivate me to sell my M5 and get a E63. Second, they had a car in stock at another Autonation dealership in the Seattle area that was close enough to the way I would build one. So, I gave them my terms and they played ball. If you like contact Fred Jorjani at South Bay Mercedes Benz and tell him Eric G sent you. Not sure of the deal you will get for an ordered car but you might get a deal on a car in inventory. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:41 PM

Eric:

Thanks for the update! I have a couple of dealers that I am working with so I will see how that goes.

My Dealer told me that 2019 orders "typically" start late April/first week of May.

Anyone here concerned that the new M5 (not as sexy looking as E63s) is apparently faster 0-60, 1/4 mi. and 0-100mph?
Old 02-21-2018, 05:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 AMG E63S lunar blue wagon
Originally Posted by X166
Did any dealer confirm that April is when they'll accept 2019 orders?
Hi, I'm new to this thread. Been working on getting an order through for the past two months, and now looking for a showroom car. I don't have much to add - been told a bunch of different things by a handful of dealers: MY 2019 ordering guide won't be out until July. Not enough AMG 4.0L V8 engines available (MB prefers to sell for higher prices to China, etc). The screens are in short supply. Not enough modules for the Performance Pack, etc etc etc. I found a Lunar Blue / Nut Brown debadged wagon via MBUSA in Cincinnati, but then that sold a few days later - so likely it was someone's custom order. Plenty of Black/Black and White/Black available on various sites. Been quoted 4% off MSRP from a couple dealers, so that's an easy discount to start with. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
X166 (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 11:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 BMW X5M
Eric:

Thanks for the update! I have a couple of dealers that I am working with so I will see how that goes.

My Dealer told me that 2019 orders "typically" start late April/first week of May.

Anyone here concerned that the new M5 (not as sexy looking as E63s) is apparently faster 0-60, 1/4 mi. and 0-100mph?
No problem and good luck with your search. I'm not concerned about the new M5 and what it runs. Unless you are racing professionally, which I do in other cars, all of that testing stuff is irrelevant. These cars are fast enough and a few tenths here or there is splitting hairs. Personally I loved my F10 M5 but I did not appreciate BMW's treatment of me during a warranty issue. I swore that I would never buy another BMW and I went from a M5 and my wife's X5M to a GLS550 for her and my E63. Now, I have not seen or driven a new M5 but my E63 is significantly better that my old M5. Just my $0.02.
The following 2 users liked this post by ericg69ss:
bobblehead (02-23-2018), ribeye (02-23-2018)
Old 02-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes Benz
If you are looking for the best deal on a brand new Benz or any vehicle in general, VIP AUTO is your one stop shop that takes care of everything for you.
Feel free to call or text me at 917-705-3743, and click on the link to our website to check us out.
We deliver to anywhere in the lower 48 states and can do a custom order as well!