W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 E53 - electrical problems at 299 mile odometer reading - question to readers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2019, 12:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes E53
2019 E53 - electrical problems at 299 mile odometer reading - question to readers

Purchased my 1st AMG Mercedes Benz about 2 weeks ago. After a couple days of driving-299 miles on the (odometer) the vehicle check engine light came on stating that the 48 volt battery was not recharging. The car lost all power within seconds and had to be towed to my local MB service department.. After almost 1 week in the shop I was updated by my service representative that they think it MAY be the 48 volt battery? Yesterday they ordered a replacement battery but unfortunately the new battery isn’t scheduled to arrive for another 2 weeks (January 22). I am a bit frustrated considering this initial repair on a brand new car is now projected to take over 3 weeks .
Question - Has anyone else experienced issues with this new electrical system? Thanks.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:25 AM

Received 74 Likes on 69 Posts
MY19 E450 4MATIC Coupé
Hi @Jamieson Craig

Congrats on the fantastic new car, but sorry to hear you've had this problem, and so early on.

You might try posting your question in the W213 AMG forum: https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg-214/

There's some other E53 owners there that might be able to help you.
Old 01-10-2019, 12:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Mercedes E53
Thanks Stephos
Old 06-13-2019, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amg E 53
Amg E 53

Hi Jamieson Craig, I bought the brand new AMG E 53 like your car and am now experiencing the exact same problem with the 48 volt battery and the car was shut down on the street just like your car. My car currently has 1,400 miles on it and it is in the MB services department right now. The services representative just called me about 2 hours ago told me that he didn't know what going on with it. I am really disappointed. Please tell me do you have any problems after dealer replaced your 48 volt battery. Please take a moment and reply to my email, your times is greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Originally Posted by Jamieson Craig

Purchased my 1st AMG Mercedes Benz about 2 weeks ago. After a couple days of driving-299 miles on the (odometer) the vehicle check engine light came on stating that the 48 volt battery was not recharging. The car lost all power within seconds and had to be towed to my local MB service department.. After almost 1 week in the shop I was updated by my service representative that they think it MAY be the 48 volt battery? Yesterday they ordered a replacement battery but unfortunately the new battery isn’t scheduled to arrive for another 2 weeks (January 22). I am a bit frustrated considering this initial repair on a brand new car is now projected to take over 3 weeks .
Question - Has anyone else experienced issues with this new electrical system? Thanks.
Old 06-14-2019, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Received 712 Likes on 693 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
moved to W213 AMG forum...
Old 06-28-2019, 06:44 PM

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
2019 Mercedes AMG E53 2002 Mercedes C-Coupe Kompressor
Did they ever tell you what the problem was?
I am most interested to know, I have 350 miles on a '19 E53, but with, so far, no issues.
I hope all is well now.
Old 02-13-2021, 01:01 PM

2021 GLS580
battery issues

Yes, I had a similar issue. Car was parked in garage. had car towed to dealer same battery issue. They said battery was backordered it has been 5 days. I do not want this car anymore.
Old 03-01-2024, 11:02 AM

2020 AMG E53
I am dealing with the same thing right now!!!
Old 03-12-2024, 08:53 AM

W213 E53 AMG 2019 MODEL
Hello,
my car did the same long ago and the message disapeared,took it mercedes benz dealer and they said the battery is ok, now after few months the car is misfiring. when they plugged the machine ist saying cylinder n0 5. they changed the spark on that particular cylinder and the coil but the car is still having the same problem of misfiring.its been 2 weeks the car is till with the dealership