Sponsored by:

Questions from a new E63s Owner. HUD, BOOST?, NFC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Questions from a new E63s Owner. HUD, BOOST?, NFC

What are the 9 boxes above the rpm suppose to do?

How do you use BOOST?

Her from the front view. She comes with the whole shabang minus the night package. I love her!
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and new to Mercedes. Always been a bimmer guy but then after seeing, hearing her I was sold.
I've loved every second with her and I have pretty much figured out what everything does in this sexy beast but I cant seem to figure out the following. If someone could help me figure this out, I would be greatly appreciated.

1. In manual mode, my HUD displays 9 bars above the rpm bars. I'm guessing it's the 9 speed transmission, but then it doesnt do anything but show 9 boxes. Are the boxes suppose to do something?

2. What is BOOST? And how do you get it to charge up? I've stayed at 0 since I've gotten her.

3. Where the freak is the NFC charging? Why is my car a ashtray and lighter when it says its included?

Old 02-18-2019, 03:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 555 Likes on 381 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
1. Don't know about the little boxes, I haven't used that particular HUD view much.
2. Boost is the pressure above atmospheric that the turbocharger is producing. The harder you put your foot into the accelerator, the more boost the engine will produce up to a point. If the car is brand new, you are in the breaking-in period, and if following the recommended procedure for the next 1000 miles, won't likely be producing much boost. As you accelerate the boost will build a little, but quickly subside as you reach your desired speed and ease off the accelerator.
3. Assuming you have that option, it is under the flip up cover in the front of the center console. Should be a rubber pad in there with NFC printed just in front of it. If you have NFC, you don't get the lighter plug in the cupholder area. The ashtray is a flip top cup-like thingy stuffed into one of the cupholders. I removed mine immediately and threw it in the trunk somewhere..
Old 02-18-2019, 09:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E63s AMG Estate (W213)
The bars are shift point indicator in Manual mode. They flash red if you go to the redline.
P.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:10 AM

2018 amg e63s
Thank you.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:11 AM

2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by E634Me
1. Don't know about the little boxes, I haven't used that particular HUD view much.
2. Boost is the pressure above atmospheric that the turbocharger is producing. The harder you put your foot into the accelerator, the more boost the engine will produce up to a point. If the car is brand new, you are in the breaking-in period, and if following the recommended procedure for the next 1000 miles, won't likely be producing much boost. As you accelerate the boost will build a little, but quickly subside as you reach your desired speed and ease off the accelerator.
3. Assuming you have that option, it is under the flip up cover in the front of the center console. Should be a rubber pad in there with NFC printed just in front of it. If you have NFC, you don't get the lighter plug in the cupholder area. The ashtray is a flip top cup-like thingy stuffed into one of the cupholders. I removed mine immediately and threw it in the trunk somewhere..
Thank you.
Old 02-18-2019, 11:12 AM

2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by PaulSenior
The bars are shift point indicator in Manual mode. They flash red if you go to the redline.
P.
Thank you
Old 02-18-2019, 11:24 AM

2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by E634Me
Thank you for the help. I actually bought her used. She came with pretty much everything except the night package and the exterior carbon fiber package (but for some reason has the engine carbon fiber...). Got her for $40,000 less than her MSRP price of closer to $135,000. She's only been with one other prior to me (a lease owner) and had a clean maintenance history so I figured it was a great deal.
The NFC was included in the original window tag, but I got the ashtray... Is there a way to change this out?
Old 02-19-2019, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Audi R8
If BOOST never moves and you have stepped on the peddle a decent amount especially from 0 then you have a problem.

NFC is part of the wireless charging which I believe is standard the ashtray if you don't smoke is just something to remove and set aside.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:56 PM

2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by pentium7
If BOOST never moves and you have stepped on the peddle a decent amount especially from 0 then you have a problem.

NFC is part of the wireless charging which I believe is standard the ashtray if you don't smoke is just something to remove and set aside.
BOOST is working. Never really noticed it until I paid attention to it.

Is there a way to add the nfc and replace the ashtray without major modifications?