Notices
W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017/2018
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black steel wagon bumper sill guard

 
Old 03-15-2019, 11:20 AM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
black steel wagon bumper sill guard

Hello Fellow Wagon Fans!

So the idea of getting the top of the bumper scratched when the dogs get in and out is just too much for me to handle.... So I found a "black" steel bumper sill guard that would match the style of the car.
Here are the pics.

https://www.carparts-expert.com/exte...ck-detail.html






Last edited by cyclrder; 03-15-2019 at 12:02 PM. Reason: forgot something.
cyclrder is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cyclrder For This Useful Post:
24Hours (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 11:40 AM
  #2  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 39
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
E450 Wagon on order
Where did you buy this? I checked Amazon and they don't show that particular item.
TugboatBill is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 11:56 AM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto, Ont, Canda
Posts: 882
Thanked 149 Times in 122 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
or you could have put paint protection film on the same area. that's what I did (when I was doing PPF for the front end)
bobblehead is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to bobblehead For This Useful Post:
Mandarin (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 12:03 PM
  #4  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by TugboatBill View Post
Where did you buy this? I checked Amazon and they don't show that particular item.
sorry.. forgot link. shipped within a week.

https://www.carparts-expert.com/exte...ck-detail.html
cyclrder is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:04 PM
  #5  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
or you could have put paint protection film on the same area. that's what I did (when I was doing PPF for the front end)
I had originally done that. I used extra thick film that is used on leading edges of aircraft wings but I liked the idea of steel better.
cyclrder is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 12:24 PM
  #6  
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Southern California
Posts: 871
Thanked 185 Times in 139 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Better for a robo dog ;-)

I have had a couple of mastiffs. For some of the larger breeds, I wonder if the typical thin PPF would be enough. Maybe a double layer. I'm just remembering the wood floors I had at the time. The floors had some pretty serious nail scuffs after a while.

I do have some old school 3M film on the front of my motorhome that is pretty darn thick. Have used some similar film on the swing arms of my dirt bikes. Helps, but rocks will still get through it.
E634Me is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:08 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
24Hours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC area
Posts: 328
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
'16.5 Landrover Landmark ('19 AMG wagon on the way)
Originally Posted by E634Me View Post
Better for a robo dog ;-)

I have had a couple of mastiffs. For some of the larger breeds, I wonder if the typical thin PPF would be enough. Maybe a double layer. I'm just remembering the wood floors I had at the time. The floors had some pretty serious nail scuffs after a while.

I do have some old school 3M film on the front of my motorhome that is pretty darn thick. Have used some similar film on the swing arms of my dirt bikes. Helps, but rocks will still get through it.
There is that accessory "Load sill protector" liner with the extra part that folds down. The MBUSA site lists it at $70. I was planning on getting that for sitting tail-gate like... would also protect from dog and cargo damage.
24Hours is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 02:14 PM
  #8  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by 24Hours View Post
There is that accessory "Load sill protector" liner with the extra part that folds down. The MBUSA site lists it at $70. I was planning on getting that for sitting tail-gate like... would also protect from dog and cargo damage.
I have the load sill protector but it gets old flipping it up and down, makes it a pain to get to the under deck storage, and sometimes bunches up causing the door to not close...

Here are my gate guards thus needing the "steel"! Black Russian Terriers at about 130lbs each....

cyclrder is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to cyclrder For This Useful Post:
mmmamg (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 02:57 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
AMG 17GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ATLANTA
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 208 Times in 179 Posts
R Nine T
Wow just beautiful dogs.
AMG 17GT is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AMG 17GT For This Useful Post:
cyclrder (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 02:58 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
24Hours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC area
Posts: 328
Thanked 40 Times in 35 Posts
'16.5 Landrover Landmark ('19 AMG wagon on the way)
Originally Posted by cyclrder View Post
I have the load sill protector but it gets old flipping it up and down, makes it a pain to get to the under deck storage, and sometimes bunches up causing the door to not close...

Here are my gate guards thus needing the "steel"! Black Russian Terriers at about 130lbs each....
Gotcha... I appreciate the review... those dogs are gigantic... my 100lbs Choc Lab is nothing vs 260lbs of curley dog.
Cheers
24Hours is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to 24Hours For This Useful Post:
cyclrder (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 08:50 PM
  #11  
Member
 
mmmamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 114
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
red wagon

i put this one (found on ebay, available in all colors) and it works for me with my 2 big dogs.
mmmamg is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 06:26 AM
  #12  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by mmmamg;[url=tel:7706644
7706644[/url]]
i put this one (found on ebay, available in all colors) and it works for me with my 2 big dogs.
I really like the red! The only think with that version is that it doesnít rollover the edge of the top of the bumper....that would leave me vulnerable.
cyclrder is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 02:05 PM
  #13  
Member
 
mmmamg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 114
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
red wagon
Understand but works fine with my black russian terrier and cane corso. No scratches on the rear bumper for my year of ownership.
mmmamg is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 10:27 PM
  #14  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
cyclrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 826
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 18 E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by mmmamg View Post
Understand but works fine with my black russian terrier and cane corso. No scratches on the rear bumper for my year of ownership.
im not worried about the dogs... itís my wife.
cyclrder is offline  
Old 03-17-2019, 09:24 AM
  #15  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Duluth, MN
Posts: 135
Thanked 31 Times in 19 Posts
'19 E63S Wagon, '17 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Originally Posted by cyclrder View Post
im not worried about the dogs... itís my wife.
Amen! Since we got the E wagon sheís been driving it everywhere. I get in it and my gauges look different and I have a different color scheme and all that. I guess the GLE63s has fallen out of favor!!
Dunga is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: black steel wagon bumper sill guard


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: