Sponsored by:

Weistec W213 E63 W.3 Turbo Upgrade

Old 03-29-2019, 07:36 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
W204 C63 AMG
Weistec W213 E63 W.3 Turbo Upgrade

Weistec Engineering W.3 Turbo upgrade for W213 E63

Here at Weistec Engineering we are continuing product development in order to be an industry leader in AMG performance upgrades. We are proud to announce our W213/W222 M177 W.3 Turbo Upgrade. This system uses the stock turbo core and replaces the impeller with a 65mm 5 Axis CNC machined Weistec version, uses a high RPM balancing, and machines the compressor cover and center cartridge to fit the new, more powerful, internals. This 100% bolt on installation includes all the necessary hardware and gaskets, and leaves your vehicle with a discreet stock appearance, but large gains.

With these upgrades we were able to increase power figures to 680+ horsepower** at the wheels on 91 octane using just our W.3 Turbo upgrades, a downpipe, and tune to make the best use of these high performance upgrades. In conjunction with the Weistec Water Methanol Injection kit these figures shot up to 720+ horsepower. The setup provides great gains throughout the RPM range. This upgrade is a great option for those looking for significant power increases, but not the more heavy investment that a full replacement turbo system would require.

**Power gains are different per vehicle due to parts installed, engine health, mileage, etc.

About Us:
We at Weistec are focused on maximizing the potential for every platform we touch and specialize in new engine performance products and tuning. We have been an industry leader in Mercedes-Benz and AMG performance parts and tunes for over 10 years. We design and develop our parts to provide the highest levels of performance and reliability across our entire product range.

Ordering:
Feel free to place an order any time online at Weistec.com!

Weistec W.3 Turbo Upgrade - $4999.99
Weistec Mercedes-Benz Full Line

Dealers:
We have Weistec Dealers located all over the globe! Find one near you to help you with your upgrade and installation!

Weistec Dealer Locator

Phone:

You can reach us directly by calling 714-202-0005 to place your order over the phone.

Hours of Operations:
Monday - Friday from 8AM to 5PM PST

Saturday & Sunday - Closed

Contact Info:
Phone: 714-202-0005
Email: Sales@weistec.com

Home of the World's Fastest Mercedes

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook

Last edited by Cory @ Weistec; 03-29-2019 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 12:09 AM

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S AMG Wagon, 2020 Audi R8 Performance
Do you have comparable before and after dyno charts for these turbos? Just curious what the gains look like on the graph.
The following users liked this post:
Mandarin (03-30-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 02:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
Pure Turbos are cheaper. Why these?

Isn’t your meth kit some $100 meth kit off of Amazon painted differently? That got called out in some other thread I think.
internet (04-02-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 02:55 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
2018 E63 S
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored
Isn’t your meth kit some $100 meth kit off of Amazon painted differently? That got called out in some other thread I think.
$1400 logo
Old 04-02-2019, 06:03 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

W204 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by WIKDWGN
Do you have comparable before and after dyno charts for these turbos? Just curious what the gains look like on the graph.
Yes we do! See here:

Pure Turbos are cheaper. Why these?

Originally Posted by internet
$1400 logo
I think the power figures and dyno charts speak for themselves. Pure turbos is a great choice for turbos, but that is all they do. We supply everything you need to get your vehicle upgraded from bolt-on upgrades, to these turbo upgrades and the tuning to support it. We even have technical staff on hand to resolve any issues you may have within a days time or less, and offer a 1 year warranty on all of our product. Weistec has been primarily AMG since day one, and we have much more experience with the platform than nearly all of our competitors which results in the high quality products that we have to offer and the reliability and power figures to back it up.

Additionally, links to these threads regarding our kits being something from Amazon would be great. Weistec prototypes, builds, and tests 95% of our components in house. We make the wiring harnesses for the kit, measure all hoses to length, build all fittings, brackets and nozzles, and even make the 100% custom bolt-on silicone couplers with nozzle ports that specifically fit our kit. We sell top quality, USA made product. The only thing in the kit that isn't our design is the AEM WMI controller. In regards to some components seeming similar to others kits, some things just don't need to be broken down and redesigned to avoid looking similar to others product. There is no other WMI kit for these vehicles that is as easy to install as ours or has the background and warranty's that we offer.

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook
Old 04-03-2019, 01:20 AM

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts
2018 E63S AMG Wagon, 2020 Audi R8 Performance
Nice, So around 75hp above your tune only run with these turbos and WMI kit? What's with the small loss on the low end? Bit more lag with these bigger impellers?

Last edited by WIKDWGN; 04-03-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:50 AM

Received 99 Likes on 58 Posts
18 E63s Wagon 15 GL63 (sold), 10 Turbo TT MT, A36 Bonanza, 20 JLU Rubicon
it would be a lot more interesting if the tune came with the 5K...
Old 04-03-2019, 11:26 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

W204 C63 AMG
Unfortunately yes, the bigger impeller does increase spool time slightly. However when actually driving the car the difference is hardly noticeable!

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook
Old 04-03-2019, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 218 Likes on 179 Posts
E63
Is this price with or without a base tune?
Old 04-04-2019, 11:37 AM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

W204 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by kponti
Is this price with or without a base tune?
Our turbo pricing at this time does not include a tune. The tune is additional. We do offer a discount when purchasing a complete W.3 Package for the vehicle, however.

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook
Old 04-04-2019, 01:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Cory @ Weistec
I think the power figures and dyno charts speak for themselves. Pure turbos is a great choice for turbos, but that is all they do.
> turbos

I'm no business man guru, but charging $5k for something your competitor charges $3.5k for doesn't seem like a great business move. The justification of "well... we sell other stuff too" doesn't really help me as a consumer feel any more secure in wanting to spend the extra money on your brand. If anything, I've read way more great things about Pure Turbos than Weistec. Maybe I'm just not your target customer?

> meth kit

"Don’t waste $3k on a Weistec kit when they just rebrand a $400 AEM kit. The only thing Weistec is doing is welding bungs onto intake pipes and painting them red."

Amazon Amazon

I hope this message doesn't come across as intentionally rude or trying to attack your business/marketing. I'm sure Weistec does a lot of great stuff for the community. I hope it's obvious that I'm just trying to aggregate information for other members who may stumble upon these posts while browsing the forum (which I feel that's what we all come here for... unbiased and factual information )
Old 04-04-2019, 01:42 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

W204 C63 AMG
> turbos

I'm no business man guru, but charging $5k for something your competitor charges $3.5k for doesn't seem like a great business move. The justification of "well... we sell other stuff too" doesn't really help me as a consumer feel any more secure in wanting to spend the extra money on your brand. If anything, I've read way more great things about Pure Turbos than Weistec. Maybe I'm just not your target customer?

> meth kit

"Don’t waste $3k on a Weistec kit when they just rebrand a $400 AEM kit. The only thing Weistec is doing is welding bungs onto intake pipes and painting them red."

https://www.amazon.com/AEM-30-3300-1.../dp/B00GSBKNF2

I hope this message doesn't come across as intentionally rude or trying to attack your business/marketing. I'm sure Weistec does a lot of great stuff for the community. I hope it's obvious that I'm just trying to aggregate information for other members who may stumble upon these posts while browsing the forum (which I feel that's what we all come here for... unbiased and factual information )
The pricing for our kits was decided based on a number of factors, from the high quality materials used to the time it takes to properly cnc machine, balance and test every piece here in our facility as well as the cost of all new seals and bearings. This is also factoring in the literal months of time we have spent developing custom tuning software and components that work directly with these turbos to ensure the best most reliable power and components possible. Additionally our rebuild turnaround time is usually about 3 business days or less. Weistec has been AMG since day one and we are more familiar with these vehicles and chassis than most. However, we aren't here to try and downplay our competition which is what it seems like you wish for us to do here. Pure has been known to supply a solid product, and we respect them as our competition. However, just because they offer something cheaper does not mean we have to devalue our own product that we know, and is proven just like the rest of our products, to be one of the best.

In regards to the water methanol system, if you were to take 5 seconds to look at even a photo of our WMI system you would see that what we offer is VASTLY superior to the link you provided. Everything we supply is literally bolt on, and nothing of the kit is AEM except for the controller. Custom molded silicone hoses to fit your application, cut to length hosing and electrical, custom fittings and nozzles, custom trunk tank with mounted pump, literally everything about the two kits is different. You would easily spend a week trying to fit a generic AEM water methanol kit like you linked, having to find and source your own electrical connections, drill your own holes for fitting nozzles, hack the car apart to find a boost source, and who knows what else just to make that fit. But again, if you're looking to save a couple bucks, feel free to choose a subpar product.

These are high dollar cars and deserve high quality components, and unfortunately you cant get high quality for cheap.

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook
The following 2 users liked this post by Cory @ Weistec:
DIVINE AMG (04-04-2019), TugboatBill (04-05-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The pricing for our kits was decided based on a number of factors, from the high quality materials used to the time it takes to properly cnc machine, balance and test every piece here in our facility as well as the cost of all new seals and bearings. This is also factoring in the literal months of time we have spent developing custom tuning software and components that work directly with these turbos to ensure the best most reliable power and components possible.
Devil's advocate, but uh... what do you think Pure Turbo's sales rep would say on why they chose $3.5k for their price target? Because they use low quality material and don't properly CnC machine + balance + test every piece? Bias in marketing/sales is tough.

Users chiromikey and internet can back me up on the water meth injection kit. They are more knowledgable on whether or not Weistec's $1k tax on a WMI kit is worth it.

All I'm saying is, we all see what Amazon sellers are doing to mom + pop retailers trying to charge through the nose. They're squeezing margins into thin air (and that's with Amazon's 13-15% fees + seller paid shipping). The days of "E63/M5 tax" are limited, in my opinion. Same reason a JB4 for an M3/M4 is less than an M5. Marketing believes since the clientele has a more expensive car, they'll pay more for a product. Historically, it has been true. But, as things like bootmod3 come out, I would guess the market shifts away from $3k tunes and more towards $1k tunes. Maybe the same goes for WMI kits and turbos...

Last edited by MuffinFlavored; 04-04-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Michael Khan (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...In regards to the water methanol system, if you were to take 5 seconds to look at even a photo of our WMI system you would see that what we offer is VASTLY superior to the link you provided. Everything we supply is literally bolt on, and nothing of the kit is AEM except for the controller. Custom molded silicone hoses to fit your application, cut to length hosing and electrical, custom fittings and nozzles, custom trunk tank with mounted pump, literally everything about the two kits is different. You would easily spend a week trying to fit a generic AEM water methanol kit like you linked, having to find and source your own electrical connections, drill your own holes for fitting nozzles, hack the car apart to find a boost source, and who knows what else just to make that fit. But again, if you're looking to save a couple bucks, feel free to choose a subpar product.

These are high dollar cars and deserve high quality components, and unfortunately you cant get high quality for cheap.
Spoken like a typical salesman. This is nowhere near the truth. The basic AEM kit that you rebranded can easily be installed in a few hours, NOT A WEEK. Implying that cutting lines to desired lengths isn’t simple and easy is laughable. And please don’t further bullsh*t people by saying they would need to “hack the car apart to find a boost source”. The only thing that some might need to outsource is welding the injector bungs on the charge pipes and even that is pretty damned easy. I also find it ironic that you call the product you rebranded “subpar”.
The following 4 users liked this post by chiromikey:
Mandarin (04-04-2019), Mbracer26 (04-06-2019), Michael Khan (04-04-2019), MuffinFlavored (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 02:27 PM
PLATINUM SPONSOR

W204 C63 AMG
Devil's advocate, but uh... what do you think Pure Turbo's sales rep would say on why they chose $3.5k for their price target? Because they use low quality material and don't properly CnC machine + balance + test every piece? Bias in marketing/sales is tough.

Users chiromikey and internet can back me up on the water meth injection kit. They are more knowledgable on whether or not Weistec's $1k tax on a WMI kit is worth it.

All I'm saying is, we all see what Amazon sellers are doing to mom + pop retailers trying to charge through the nose. They're squeezing margins into thin air (and that's with Amazon's 13-15% fees + seller paid shipping). The days of "E63/M5 tax" are limited, in my opinion. Same reason a JB4 for an M3/M4 is less than an M5. Marketing believes since the clientele has a more expensive car, they'll pay more for a product. Historically, it has been true. But, as things like bootmod3 come out, I would guess the market shifts away from $3k tunes and more towards $1k tunes. Maybe the same goes for WMI kits and turbos...
It is what it is Muffin, we stand by our product and our pricing. We leave it to the consumer to decide whom they wish to work with. Maybe pricing will change eventually, but for now it is as it stands. If you do not wish to use our product that is of your own choice and we respect that.

Originally Posted by chiromikey
Spoken like a typical salesman. This is nowhere near the truth. The basic AEM kit that you rebranded can easily be installed in a few hours, NOT A WEEK. Implying that cutting lines to desired lengths isn’t simple and easy is laughable. And please don’t further bullsh*t people by saying they would need to “hack the car apart to find a boost source”. The only thing that some might need to outsource is welding the injector bungs on the charge pipes and even that is pretty damned easy. I also find it ironic that you call the product you rebranded “subpar”.
If you wish to purchase a system that comes with a small tank, generic chinese wiring harness that isn't plug and play, and fabricate your own nozzle bungs on your car, be our guest. Our kit is direct fit, no modification necessary, comes with a bigger, higher quality tank and proper sealing cap to avoid any possible leakage issues in your $100k+ vehicle and also comes with a warranty for every single component we supply. That is who this kit is for, not for someone who wishes to do it all themselves and still be unable to easily return to stock. We also supply complete instruction manuals to install into your car. I can understand wanting to save money on a kit, but to compare our product to this cheap generic AEM kit is laughable. Again just comparing photos of the kits side by side you can see all of the different components.

What you're claiming is false, gross misinformation about an obviously much higher quality and simple to install product.

CONNECT WITH US
www.Weistec.com
Sales@Weistec.com

Instagram

Facebook
DIVINE AMG (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 02:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is what it is Muffin, we stand by our product and our pricing. We leave it to the consumer to decide whom they wish to work with. Maybe pricing will change eventually, but for now it is as it stands. If you do not wish to use our product that is of your own choice and we respect that..
I respect that. Thanks for letting me pick your brain and not getting hostile/upset. I really appreciate it.
Mandarin (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 02:39 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
e63s
I can't understand why someone is complaining about others' business. If you can find something cheaper, better, shinier - get it. This is only business.

As an example. I've been on market for catless downpipes for 2 months, I've learned many products from a ton different shops and companies and I respect their products, developing and etc, but I found my product, yes that took a month to get it but the price is less than 15 hundreds was worth to wait.

I just want to say, I respect everyone in this thread but this is changing nothing when you trying to shame someone for a higher price even when they just repacked others product. Better choice - vote with your $ and that's it

With respect to all of you guys

Last edited by Mandarin; 04-04-2019 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Mandarin
I can't understand why someone is complaining about others' business. If you can find something cheaper, better, shinier - get it. This is only business.
Well... there's a fine line between "I'm advertising my products" and "I'm saying my products are the best and claiming it as fact" and "I'm ignoring that the competition offers arguably the exact same thing (either the same quality, lower quality, or higher quality) for 20-30% less"
Old 04-04-2019, 03:25 PM

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts
e63s
Well... there's a fine line between "I'm advertising my products" and "I'm saying my products are the best and claiming it as fact" and "I'm ignoring that the competition offers arguably the exact same thing (either the same quality, lower quality, or higher quality) for 20-30% less"
Definitely fair and I agree, but this is their chose and if they are still doing that, this means demand is high and they can afford to say whatever they want )))

But I like your question and the links you've provided. Funny to read this online's war
Old 04-04-2019, 03:42 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
I was contemplating purchasing Wesitec's W.3 turbos for the M157 platform but at $13,299.99 (keeping cores and no tune), it doesn't make sense to buy them since the W.4 is $13,999.99 with no cores and completely new turbos. What's ironic is that Pureturbos sell bascially the same turbos (internally modified only) with no core for $8,495? Besides what's already stated, convince me why I should spend another $5k on Weistec turbos compared to Pureturbos.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by diamondblak05
I was contemplating purchasing Wesitec's W.3 turbos for the M157 platform but at $13,299.99 (keeping cores and no tune), it doesn't make sense to buy them since the W.4 is $13,999.99 with no cores and completely new turbos. What's ironic is that Pureturbos sell bascially the same turbos (internally modified only) with no core for $8,495? Besides what's already stated, convince me why I should spend another $5k on Weistec turbos compared to Pureturbos.
BECAUSE THEY USE THE BEST MATERIALS SOURCED FROM THE FINEST AREAS OF MANKIND DIAMONDBLAK! THEY PAY THE MOST ATTENTION. THEY KISS THE TURBOS ON THE WAY OUT. THESE TURBOS ****ING CURE CANCER MATE. DOES STUPID ****ING PURETURBOS DO THAT? **** NO. WEISTEC GROWS THE TURBOS FROMO THE FINEST WHEAT AND BARLEY AND HOPS. THEY ARE ORGANIC, GRASSFED, VEGAN TURBOS. THE TURBOS SING SONGS. THE TURBOS TIE SHOES. THE TURBOS DANCE THE CHA CHA CHA. WHY WOULDN'T YOU SPEND MORE MONEY ON WEISTEC TURBOS? WHAT ARE YOU, SOME BROKE DUMB IDIOT? YOU AREN'T OUR CUSTOMER, YOUR THRIFTY RESEARCHY CONSUMER YOU!

Last edited by MuffinFlavored; 04-04-2019 at 05:10 PM.
Mandarin (04-04-2019)
Old 04-04-2019, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Why wouldn't you send the cores in, just curious?
Old 04-04-2019, 05:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts
Too many to list
BECAUSE THEY USE THE BEST MATERIALS SOURCED FROM THE FINEST AREAS OF MANKIND DIAMONDBLAK! THEY PAY THE MOST ATTENTION. THEY KISS THE TURBOS ON THE WAY OUT. DOES STUPID ****ING PURETURBOS DO THAT? **** NO. WEISTEC GROWS THE TURBOS FROMO THE FINEST WHEAT AND BARLEY AND HOPS. THEY ARE ORGANIC, GRASSFED, VEGAN TURBOS. THE TURBOS SING SONGS. THE TURBOS TIE SHOWS. THE TURBOS DANCE THE CHA CHA CHA. WHY WOULDN'T YOU SPEND MORE MONEY ON WEISTEC TURBOS? WHAT ARE YOU, SOME BROKE DUMB IDIOT? YOU AREN'T OUR CUSTOMER, YOUR THRIFTY RESEARCHY CONSUMER YOU!
That cracked me up....! You just convinced me to spend an unnecessary extra $5K now.

Why wouldn't you send the cores in, just curious?
I stated it just to illustrate the purpose.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I stated it just to illustrate the purpose.
Are the prices equally out of whack if you do send your cores in?
Old 04-04-2019, 06:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...If you wish to purchase a system that comes with a small tank, generic chinese wiring harness that isn't plug and play, and fabricate your own nozzle bungs on your car, be our guest. Our kit is direct fit, no modification necessary, comes with a bigger, higher quality tank and proper sealing cap to avoid any possible leakage issues in your $100k+ vehicle and also comes with a warranty for every single component we supply. That is who this kit is for, not for someone who wishes to do it all themselves and still be unable to easily return to stock. We also supply complete instruction manuals to install into your car. I can understand wanting to save money on a kit, but to compare our product to this cheap generic AEM kit is laughable. Again just comparing photos of the kits side by side you can see all of the different components.

What you're claiming is false, gross misinformation about an obviously much higher quality and simple to install product.
Let’s be honest, if you did the “engineering” you claim, you wouldn’t be injecting into the charge pipes. The worst possible location but the easiest and least complicated. An truly well engineered “custom” kit would be injecting post intercooler and pre IAT sensor. That’s something worth an up charge, not a different tank and silicone injector sleeves.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weistec W213 E63 W.3 Turbo Upgrade