Sponsored by:

RIP my E63S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 09:22 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by jkob5
What insurance company is saying that? The performance exhaust alone changes a cars value quite a bit.
I'm with travelers
Old 04-24-2019, 09:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 amg e63s
Originally Posted by Dunga
This is a load of horse**** they’re giving you. Their sole purpose is to save money at this point which is infuriating because when you send your premiums each month you don’t think about it. No they get their money before you you get your paycheck. But when it’s time for them to pay up they nickel and dime you.

I ran ran into something similar 3 years ago. We had just finished a $200k remodel of our house and I ensured to upgrade my insurance policy accordingly. Well a month after construction is done, we ended up with one of the worst summer storms to hit the Northland. City lost power for 2-7 days depending on your neighborhood. 100+ mph wind knocked lot of trees and utilities. We ended up with a sewage overflow in the brand new basement. Had to stay in a hotel coz the house was a biohazard and there’s no power to clean up. After all is said and done and clean up is complete which included cutting dry wall, they sent a field adjuster to estimate my payoff. They quoted us stuff like “repaint bathroom: $200”. “Replacement carpet: $400”. Just trying to give you an idea. This stuff just cost us thousands just a couple of months prior. And they tried to deny reimbursement of things they had told me they’d cover on the phone. I had them pull the tapes and register to them, and they went **** on the verbiage “we never technically told you to go out of your way and do that” when I had simply asked them if they’d cover something and the answer from their phone adjuster was “yes, do what you need to do”.

After fighting with with them over a month they paid up to the penny. I wish it wasn’t like that. I wish we never needed them as I’m sure you wish your car wasn’t totaled but it is what it is. And you need to fight for what they owe you.
Yeah I'm feeling pinched. Hoping to get some more value but at this point unsure if it's worth the time and effort.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:39 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,353 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
This is a load of horse**** they’re giving you. Their sole purpose is to save money at this point which is infuriating because when you send your premiums each month you don’t think about it. No they get their money before you you get your paycheck. But when it’s time for them to pay up they nickel and dime you.

I ran ran into something similar 3 years ago. We had just finished a $200k remodel of our house and I ensured to upgrade my insurance policy accordingly. Well a month after construction is done, we ended up with one of the worst summer storms to hit the Northland. City lost power for 2-7 days depending on your neighborhood. 100+ mph wind knocked lot of trees and utilities. We ended up with a sewage overflow in the brand new basement. Had to stay in a hotel coz the house was a biohazard and there’s no power to clean up. After all is said and done and clean up is complete which included cutting dry wall, they sent a field adjuster to estimate my payoff. They quoted us stuff like “repaint bathroom: $200”. “Replacement carpet: $400”. Just trying to give you an idea. This stuff just cost us thousands just a couple of months prior. And they tried to deny reimbursement of things they had told me they’d cover on the phone. I had them pull the tapes and register to them, and they went **** on the verbiage “we never technically told you to go out of your way and do that” when I had simply asked them if they’d cover something and the answer from their phone adjuster was “yes, do what you need to do”.

After fighting with with them over a month they paid up to the penny. I wish it wasn’t like that. I wish we never needed them as I’m sure you wish your car wasn’t totaled but it is what it is. And you need to fight for what they owe you.
We should all be thankful we don't have to do that sort of work and tow the company line for a few bucks........screwing people over in the process.........I'm sure they train them to be as frugal as possible; possibly even offering a 'bonus' for nickel and diming people.........I don't know how guys like that look themselves in the eye LOL.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:00 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
This won't help the OP but I always recommend everyone knows if their insurance has an agreed upon value for their car and to make sure it's up to date/accurate. I just renewed the policy on my E63 with AIG and on the paperwork it's got the "Agreed value" is still my original sticker price with options (fully loaded except for carbon trim and engine covers), I had to call them about my wife's Range Rover because it looked like the Agreed value was for a base Supercharged, they fixed it with a simple phone call and now I know if either of them are totaled I won't be haggling to get a replacement.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:31 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
19 RR SVR, 19 E63S, 18 911 Turbo S
OP that sucks you are getting it from all angles here! I would fight them on every bit.

gotta love insurance, you pay out the a$$ every month and they short change you when you have a claim.

FWIW - on all my new vehicles I purchase GAP. It is an additional rider that will cover the difference between vehicle "worth" (whatever they determine that to be) and what was paid/owed on the vehicle to make sure that I am not out any additional money in the event of a total loss.

More commonly GAP is used for if someone is underwater on a vehicle with a note for the same exact reason, but it can also serve this dual purpose as listed above.

Above all that though, just know your carrier and who you insure with. I am very cautious about where and to whom I give my business as I know that when a claim does arise - I want it to go seamlessly and not be met with friction.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,171 Likes on 1,977 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by cjmk1982
Yeah I'm feeling pinched. Hoping to get some more value but at this point unsure if it's worth the time and effort.
I guess I am the odd one out here. Even before haggling, they are already evaluating the car at a higher than market price or what you paid. If this would be a normal sale, a CF engine cover increases the value by exactly $0. Same as PPF and most other options. The standout is the performance exhaust but options typically increase the desirability of the car to the next buyer but rarely the price; perhaps pennies on the $.

Work them for some more money but be realistic.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:03 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
E 63 S Wagon
Always. Use. CHUBB. And insure expensive cars with an Agreed Value policy.

They're more expensive but also priceless.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:29 PM

Received 109 Likes on 71 Posts
‘22 Ram Limited 4x4, '21 GLE63S, ‘14 Corvette Stingray
Originally Posted by E63guy
Always. Use. CHUBB. And insure expensive cars with an Agreed Value policy.

They're more expensive but also priceless.
I just wrote to my insurance agent to check on this. Yeah what a sh*tshow.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:31 PM

Received 158 Likes on 116 Posts
2018 E63S Wagon
I just wrote to my insurance agent to check on this. Yeah what a sh*tshow.
It's worth it. I had Chubb with my SLS, i8, R8. With their multicar and my history it was actually cheaper than State Farm. My agency switched me to AIG for auto and home when I bought my new house since it was the same coverage for a little less when bundled and they also do Agreed Value. I've got a 2018 E63 wagon and know that if I totaled it they'd be writing me a check for ~$129.8k, the original sticker price, no argument.